The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

It wouldn't matter if the club changed kits, name or whatever. If it was moved 70 miles away from the fans it would no longer be the same club, A club represents the fans from that town/city and nothing else.

You could say AFC Wimbledon aren't the old Wimbledon but then you would have to say Aldershot aren't Aldershot, Accrington Stanley aren't Accrington Stanley. But they are, they're still supported by the same community and fanbase.

Plastic pitches, Mark Stein, Mick Hartford, identity cards, Ricky Hill, Paul Walsh, Joe Kinnear & Nick Owen go on Luton fuck off don't rush back.

Even they have won a cup more recently than us (Milk/Littlewoods/League Cup... 88 was it, 89 or something ?) :(

Three teams in next years conference won a major trophy in the eighties.

At least thanks to Liverpool none of them got to play in Europe in what will be there only chance to probably.

Plastic pitches, Mark Stein, Mick Hartford, identity cards, Ricky Hill, Paul Walsh, Joe Kinnear & Nick Owen go on Luton fuck off don't rush back.

Kenny Wharton sitting on a ball. :D

:indi: Legendary moment

I dunno what to laugh at most, KD.

Is it someone suggesting that Andy Gray kisses Villa's arses, when this is patently the exact opposite of what he does.

Or is it a Spurs fan complaining at media love for another club?

;)

Isnt Gray naturally going to be biased towards Villa what with him being an ex player  :undecided:

He's still a prick mind either way

He's not, really (biased towards us).

See also David Platt, who never has a good word to say about us, despite having been "made" by us.

Although i appreciate that we do better than most clubs in terms of ex players who show their colours as pundits (McInally, Dion Dublin etc).

Andy Gray is an absolute cunt, though. He was, with Sir Brian Little, my hero as a kid.

And if the Wimbledon fans had shown more backing to them while they were in the Premiership instead of ignoring them and only getting around 12,000 when the likes of Southampton played, but sold out against the bigger clubs, they wouldn't have had to relocate in the first place.

It is a small borough in south London ffs.  They didn't play at there own ground for about 10 years & is that figure plucked from thin air because it looks small by todays PL standards? Because Wimbledon used to get crowds smaller than that.

And if the Wimbledon fans had shown more backing to them while they were in the Premiership instead of ignoring them and only getting around 12,000 when the likes of Southampton played, but sold out against the bigger clubs, they wouldn't have had to relocate in the first place.

That assumes that football is purely about getting big crowds, it isn't.

There will have been people amongst Wimbledon's support who felt like they had their heart torn out when they lost their club, and lots of them, too.

They might have got shit crowds, but they were in the top flight for a long, long time, which is a lot more than clubs like Leeds, Forest, Wolves etc can say of recent years.

Guest kingdawson

Some pretty s**** analysis of our game. Completely ignoring the masses of good passing play we did today, nor did they highlight the blatantly wrong decision for their 2nd goal.

Good to see they highlighted Fellaini's elbows, mind.

Moyes sounded a bit like Phil Brown after the match.

They asked the two blokes on the sofa who would finish higher, one perched himself on the fence, and one said Everton. Atlhough it was Steve Claridge who wouldn't give us credit if his life depended on it, the bluenose w*****.

Some of your passing was very good today, true, but you pretty much disappeared in the second half, bar Pienaar's excellent goal out of nothing.

All fans think the media hate their club. They don't.

Anyway, lighten up, fifth or sixth, who cares, that's where we'll both finish. In the wider scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. We're both headed for the Europa League, or whatever the marketing twats in Geneva have opted to call it.

Not to worry, you have that utter prick Andy Gray kissing your arses.

Is it someone suggesting that Andy Gray kisses Villa's arses, when this is patently the exact opposite of what he does.

;)

Tbh i can't think of a commentator or pundit who actually likes us, besides Linekar.

When we played you at Villa park, Gray was practically cheering you on. We go 2-0 up and he talks about it being one of the biggest injustments, despite you lot having a lot of possession but creating near enough nothing. We outplay you in the second half and he waffles on about us being "a bit better this half".

There is still a huge possibility that we may be playing MK Dons next year. And not in a Cup Game either. Frightening thought

More frightening because they'd probably do us at Stadium MK.

I'm still hoping for a Cardiff v Swansea Championship Play Off Final and Leeds v Millwall in League 1, though. :D

Guest kingdawson

Gray tends to talk of a fondness for Everton & Villa. So yesterday would of been hard for him.

KD - Have you not got Setanta? Sir Les & Tim Sherwood come across pro-Spurs O0

Yeh you're right. Sir Les is definately pro spurs, but Sherwood is a prick who was very anti spurs until Redknapp decided to give him a job. Paul Walsh is another that's pretty complimentary towards us.

So that's three then. Ferdinand, Sherwood and Paul Walsh.

Garth Crooks, Jamie Redknapp.

Most of ITV's UEFA Cup analysts when they were still in it.

Guest kingdawson

Garth Crooks, Jamie Redknapp.

Jamie Redknapp is a fake like Sherwood. He used to always slate us, but now his dad's in charge, he apparantly likes us again. As for ITV, they're pro English, not pro spurs. Crooks i agree with.

Guest kingdawson

Tbh i've heard Gray be very complimentary about you a fair few times, but you're denying it. I'm pretty sure there's a few more out there that are pro Villa.

;)

Isnt Gray naturally going to be biased towards Villa what with him being an ex player  :undecided:

He's still a prick mind either way

He's not, really (biased towards us).

See also David Platt, who never has a good word to say about us, despite having been "made" by us.

Although i appreciate that we do better than most clubs in terms of ex players who show their colours as pundits (McInally, Dion Dublin etc).

Andy Gray is an absolute c***, though. He was, with Sir Brian Little, my hero as a kid.

re: Andy Gray, there is no way he is pro-Everton in his commentary either.

You'd think he'd never played for us, nevermind won all his medals here and become a club legend.

That coupled with the sickening fawning over Liverpool, and especially his little favourite Gerrard, mean that most Evertonians I know have gone from loving the man to thinking he's an utter prick. I think he's just generally a very fickle, shallow man. The only times I ever hear him talk well about us is when there's a few quid in it for him- plugging books or doing the after dinner circuit etc.  :no:

Super-bored and watching Milwall/Peterbrough, Milwall have had a pen twice re-taken due to the keeper encroaching, even though he was barely off his line, far less than most keepers anyway.

Scored at the 3rd attempt, keeper had saved previous 2.