Cockney Mafia Out! Banner

Guest BooBoo

Guest Howaythetoon

Of course those still reeling from the horror of the "cockney mafia out" banner can design their own banner and take it to the game to point out how shite the other is or even to say the opposite, in fact I wish somoene would because the last time it caused us to lose some games, a more friendlier one might make us win some this time. We could even have a banner-off and get it shown on Soccer Am or something.

Of course those still reeling from the horror of the "cockney mafia out" banner can design their own banner and take it to the game to point out how shite the other is or even to say the opposite, in fact I wish somoene would because the last time it caused us to lose some games, a more friendlier one might make us win some this time. We could even have a banner-off and get it shown on Soccer Am or something.

:lol:

don't know if Keith was the one with it today but it was Keith who brought the banner to the Hull game and carried it round the stadium

And caused the rotten atmosphere which contributed to the defeat by Hull.

They've got a lot to answer for if we go down by a point or two.

If we go down, i'll blame what happened between the board/manager that week, and not that someone took a nasty banner to the Hull game.

Personally i don't agree with the banner, but nothing's said when hundreds take part in a loud chorus of "We hate Cockneys, and we hate Cockneys" in games against London clubs. I bet some of the people condeming the banner have sang it themselves.

Different situation, that's just banter between drunken twats.

Guest thenorthumbrian

don't know if Keith was the one with it today but it was Keith who brought the banner to the Hull game and carried it round the stadium

And caused the rotten atmosphere which contributed to the defeat by Hull.

They've got a lot to answer for if we go down by a point or two.

No that will down to the players, managers and especially the current owner.

can whoever has this banner f*** off please? Mike Ashley and co's incompetencies or otherwise have absolutely nothing to do where he is from. I go every week and its offensive considering i have family from London. Its something you might expect to see from some of those braindead charvers on sky sports news. Thinking that they represent fans could not be further from the truth, carrying that banner round represents ignorance stupidity and nothing else.

:clap: :clap:

can whoever has this banner f*** off please? Mike Ashley and co's incompetencies or otherwise have absolutely nothing to do where he is from. I go every week and its offensive considering i have family from London. Its something you might expect to see from some of those braindead charvers on sky sports news. Thinking that they represent fans could not be further from the truth, carrying that banner round represents ignorance stupidity and nothing else.

I hope we aren`t planning or hoping to sign anyone born in London or a player married to a Londoner or good friends with Londoners, we have enough to put off a potential signing as it is without adding to it. Being a southerner myself I do find it a bit a thick but I view it in the same condescending way I view the hatred that Scotland has for England. Its a one way thing I or my friends don`t have an opinion on "Northerners" one way or the other, everyone are just people, you either like them or not, Culture, accent, stereotyping means nothing to me.  To be honest I have never actually understood the link between the Banner and Ashley and Co , I havn`t asked because I thought it was a northern thing.

Is he anything to do with NUSC?

Anyone know if he is or not?

If he is, it makes a total mockery of what they said on SSN...

...err, if he isn't then it obviously has no bearing on them whatsoever. :lol:

I hope we aren`t planning or hoping to sign anyone born in London or a player married to a Londoner or good friends with Londoners, we have enough to put off a potential signing as it is without adding to it. Being a southerner myself I do find it a bit a thick but I view it in the same condescending way I view the hatred that Scotland has for England. Its a one way thing I or my friends don`t have an opinion on "Northerners" one way or the other, everyone are just people, you either like them or not, Culture, accent, stereotyping means nothing to me.  To be honest I have never actually understood the link between the Banner and Ashley and Co , I havn`t asked because I thought it was a northern thing.

It aint a northern thing mate, it's a narrow minded parochial thing, it's an NUSC thing and it embarrasses people from Newcastle to be associated with it.

You'll also notice that the "cockney mafia out" people are the same people making ridiculous demands about how much this so called "cockney" should be spending on our football team to appease them in January.

Embarrasing and cringeworthy that it was allowed to be raised again within SJP. I've continued to support the club through the consequences that this banner enforced the first time, none which I thought was justified.

These people had their vioces heard several months ago and I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows several months have been wasted by grown up kids spitting their dummies out. I came to terms that the club was up for sale and reluctantly forgot about the future dream that we should have been entering. Ashley's news came as a great late christmas present and I couldn't be happier about his decision. It's now time for those who celebrated their 'ashley out victory' to accept the new regime and get on with it, just like the rest of us had to do several months ago.

Lessons will have been learnt and arising problems will be handled better, so its about time the fans came together to share the optimism we shared when ashley first announced he was buying the club. They were good times, please don't destroy it  . . . . again!

Is he anything to do with NUSC?

Anyone know if he is or not?

If he is, it makes a total mockery of what they said on SSN...

...err, if he isn't then it obviously has no bearing on them whatsoever. :lol:

He's not on their committee.

Guest The Zog

The banner is embarrassing there's no doubt about that and hopefully we won't be seeing it at the match again anytime soon. Having said that, at least it's spelled correctly unlike some other banners I can think of...

The irony.... :lol:

And yes 2J the alarm was a ringing.... :coolsmiley:

Guest Slippery Sam

The way I see it, a lot of people have got hot under the collar over a nothing banner. I don't know the lad, but I would be extremely surprised if Mr Barrat had any real untoward feelings for 'cockneys' at all.

The banner was aimed at Ashley and his cohorts, not at 'cockneys' - despite the term being used on the banner.

Some folk need to take a deep breath and calm down.

The way I see it, a lot of people have got hot under the collar over a nothing banner. I don't know the lad, but I would be extremely surprised if Mr Barrat had any real untoward feelings for 'cockneys' at all.

The banner was aimed at Ashley and his cohorts, not at 'cockneys' - despite the term being used on the banner.

agree, perhaps the people who made such a stupid fucking banner & ensured it was brought to national attention should have tried it

Guest Geordiesned

I'm not too bothered about the "Cockney" aspect of the banner I just think it was stupid unveiling it the day Ashley took the club off the market. The main reason the club was taken off the market, it would seem, was because there were no interested buyers. So what is the point in telling the Ashley and co to get out? They've tried! It just makes us look stupid.

I'm too bothered about the "Cockney" aspect of the banner I just think it was stupid unveiling it the day Ashley took the club off the market. The main reason the club was taken off the market, it would seem, was because there were no interested buyers. So what is the point in telling the Ashley and co to get out? They've tried! It just makes us look stupid.

Indeed, what did they think Ashley was gonna do? Give the club away for nowt?

I keep saying this, the whole "the world is now in recession" seems to have passed NUSC by completely and utterly.

The "Ashley announces he's keeping the club on the same day to ruin our Bobby Robson day" ramblings were a total embarassment. Who else knew in the country that the Bobby Robson day was happening at all? It was mentioned in the Chronicle, but sadly the Chronicle isn't sold countrywide, or did they not know that?

And I also heard someone from NUSC say that Bobby was "disgusted" that Ashley was not selling the club. Oh really? Had he talked to Sir Bobby in the last few hours then?

Cringeworthy.

Embarrasing and cringeworthy that it was allowed to be raised again within SJP. I've continued to support the club through the consequences that this banner enforced the first time, none which I thought was justified.

These people had their vioces heard several months ago and I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows several months have been wasted by grown up kids spitting their dummies out. I came to terms that the club was up for sale and reluctantly forgot about the future dream that we should have been entering. Ashley's news came as a great late christmas present and I couldn't be happier about his decision. It's now time for those who celebrated their 'ashley out victory' to accept the new regime and get on with it, just like the rest of us had to do several months ago.

Lessons will have been learnt and arising problems will be handled better, so its about time the fans came together to share the optimism we shared when ashley first announced he was buying the club. They were good times, please don't destroy it  . . . . again!

:clap: :thup: