Hull City away 3rd round FA Cup - pre match thread

Magpie

Given

Geremi - Bassong - Coloccini - N'Zogbia

Jonas - Guthrie - Lua Lua - Duff

Carroll - Owen

2-1 win. Owen and Lua Lua.

Why play the left footed Bassong at right centre back? With the right footed Colo on the left? Madness.

Lua Lua would get killed in central midfield against what will no doubt be a physical Hull side.

Guest toonlass

We should be winning games like this, but I dunno. Am going down to Hull with no confidence that we will get anything from this game.

If Oba plays, we win, in my opinion of course.

They're dreadfully slow, as was shown against Man City on Boxing Day. Their defence would shit themselves with Oba running at them. I reckon Lua Lua would be a decent option coming off the bench too.

I hope Guthrie will handle the pressure placed on him with the 'reception' they're planning for him.

We'll get a win or draw if we have enough key players fit in the right areas which looks doubtful. We are fucked at left back and right back, only one central midfielder currently fit (not counting pensioners) and a forward line comprised of Shola, a young drunk and a captain who can't wait to jump ship.

Other than that we should be fine.

I don't care about the cup this year, much more important to beat West Ham the week after!!!  i'd rest a few players, they will also make loads of changes.  Colo has played virtually every game and i'd rest him along with Shay, Jonas, Owen.

my team would be...

HARPER

EDGAR  TAYLOR    BASSONG    KADAR

LUA LUA  GEREMI  GUTHRIE  N'ZOGBIA

CARROLL      XISCO

Oba won't play. JK has already ruled him out of the match.

I do agree Greg. That is the best we can do. Let Lua Lua come of the bench for the last 20 or so.

Still out? Bastard. I thought he'd have made this one with Kinnear saying he was about 50/50 to play in the Wigan game.

I don't care about the cup this year, much more important to beat West Ham the week after!!!  i'd rest a few players, they will also make loads of changes.  Colo has played virtually every game and i'd rest him along with Shay, Jonas, Owen.

my team would be...

HARPER

EDGAR  TAYLOR    BASSONG    KADAR

LUA LUA  GEREMI  GUTHRIE  N'ZOGBIA

CARROLL      XISCO

Why would you rest Shay you mong. It's unlikely he'll get injured and saved about 4 definate goals against us in the last match. If there's anyone we need, its him.

I do agree Greg. That is the best we can do. Let Lua Lua come of the bench for the last 20 or so.

Still out? b******. I thought he'd have made this one with Kinnear saying he was about 50/50 to play in the Wigan game.

“Beye’s on crutches and you’d think he’s going to be out at least three weeks.

“Viduka’s got a torn groin muscle, and I’d think he would be at least three weeks as well.

“Oba Martins will be at least two weeks minimum.

“We already know Joey Barton is down, and with Nicky Butt going down against Liverpool, who knows what the team will be at Hull?

“I can’t see any of the injured players coming back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/29/newcastle-set-for-hectic-transfer-window-kinnear-72703-22566437/

Still out? b******. I thought he'd have made this one with Kinnear saying he was about 50/50 to play in the Wigan game.

“Beye’s on crutches and you’d think he’s going to be out at least three weeks.

“Viduka’s got a torn groin muscle, and I’d think he would be at least three weeks as well.

“Oba Martins will be at least two weeks minimum.

“We already know Joey Barton is down, and with Nicky Butt going down against Liverpool, who knows what the team will be at Hull?

“I can’t see any of the injured players coming back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/29/newcastle-set-for-hectic-transfer-window-kinnear-72703-22566437/

Hadn't seen that, cheers.

Given

Taylor - Coloccini - Bassong - N'Zogbia

Jonas - Geremi - Guthrie - Duff

Xisco - Owen

Subs: Harper, Edgar, Kadar, Doninger, Lua Lua, Carroll, Ameobi

First time in a while where there should be no pressure on us to go out and win. I'd play a few of the kids and rest Coloccini, Bassong, Owen and Gutierrez.

If we win then great, if we don't then fuck it. Just tell the XI to go out and try to enjoy their football. I'd even take a replay tbh.

Martins scored a goal with that injury on December 14th, was doubtful for our next game on the 21st, was 50/50 for the game on the 26th and "should probably be back" for the 28th. And now he's out for a further 2 weeks. Do our doctor's just guess or something?

Martins scored a goal with that injury on December 14th, was doubtful for our next game on the 21st, was 50/50 for the game on the 26th and "should probably be back" for the 28th. And now he's out for a further 2 weeks. Do our doctor's just guess or something?

Who said all this? Yeah, it was JFK! True then? NO way!