Hull City away 3rd round FA Cup - pre match thread

Magpie

Oba won't play. JK has already ruled him out of the match.

I do agree Greg. That is the best we can do. Let Lua Lua come of the bench for the last 20 or so.

Still out? b******. I thought he'd have made this one with Kinnear saying he was about 50/50 to play in the Wigan game.

“Beye’s on crutches and you’d think he’s going to be out at least three weeks.

“Viduka’s got a torn groin muscle, and I’d think he would be at least three weeks as well.

“Oba Martins will be at least two weeks minimum.

“We already know Joey Barton is down, and with Nicky Butt going down against Liverpool, who knows what the team will be at Hull?

“I can’t see any of the injured players coming back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/29/newcastle-set-for-hectic-transfer-window-kinnear-72703-22566437/

Hadn't seen that, cheers.

Given

Taylor - Coloccini - Bassong - N'Zogbia

Jonas - Geremi - Guthrie - Duff

Xisco - Owen

Subs: Harper, Edgar, Kadar, Doninger, Lua Lua, Carroll, Ameobi

Why people continue to pick Xisco in their starting line up ahead of Carroll, Ameobi ( Late fitness test ) or anyone is beyond me.  He has played a few times and has been worse than Rossi was from what I have seen. Its strongly rumored he was so rubbish its part of the reason Keegan went mental and left. Kinnear obviously doesn`t rate him either. Carroll and Ameobi have at least been average this season. I reckon at a guess Ranger would be more worthy of a place in the team than Xisco

You couldn't be more wrong.  You could try, but you wouldn't succeed.

Oba won't play. JK has already ruled him out of the match.

I do agree Greg. That is the best we can do. Let Lua Lua come of the bench for the last 20 or so.

Still out? b******. I thought he'd have made this one with Kinnear saying he was about 50/50 to play in the Wigan game.

Beyes on crutches and youd think hes going to be out at least three weeks.

Vidukas got a torn groin muscle, and Id think he would be at least three weeks as well.

Oba Martins will be at least two weeks minimum.

We already know Joey Barton is down, and with Nicky Butt going down against Liverpool, who knows what the team will be at Hull?

I cant see any of the injured players coming back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/29/newcastle-set-for-hectic-transfer-window-kinnear-72703-22566437/

Hadn't seen that, cheers.

Given

Taylor - Coloccini - Bassong - N'Zogbia

Jonas - Geremi - Guthrie - Duff

Xisco - Owen

Subs: Harper, Edgar, Kadar, Doninger, Lua Lua, Carroll, Ameobi

Why people continue to pick Xisco in their starting line up ahead of Carroll, Ameobi ( Late fitness test ) or anyone is beyond me.  He has played a few times and has been worse than Rossi was from what I have seen. Its strongly rumored he was so rubbish its part of the reason Keegan went mental and left. Kinnear obviously doesn`t rate him either. Carroll and Ameobi have at least been average this season. I reckon at a guess Ranger would be more worthy of a place in the team than Xisco

You couldn't be more wrong.  You could try, but you wouldn't succeed.

Hopefully I am. Interestingly When I was reading up on Xisco on a depor fan blog type thing they stated he is " Nearly as good as Luque " So maybe your right maybe all our problems are solved.

Joking aside Scotass I will believe you as I usually find your posts and opinions to be quite good. Its just I remember all the hype Enrique, Luque and a few others from spain got.

Hopefully I am. Interestingly When I was reading up on Xisco on a depor fan blog type thing they stated he is " Nearly as good as Luque " So maybe your right maybe all our problems are solved.

Joking aside Scotass I will believe you as I usually find your posts and opinions to be quite good. Its just I remember all the hype Enrique, Luque and a few others from spain got.

It was more the Carroll being average thing. ;)

Every time I've seen him play he's been absolute dog shit.  Championship level player in the making.

I think, after seeing Xisco playing in La Liga for a bit, he would be a better option than Carroll.  Who knows if he'll be able to adapt to the English game, but he hasn't really had a chance to prove that yet and now with all these injuries, he deserves one.

Failing that, play Nile Ranger!

Would be funny to play Given and get him cup-tied

It would lower his value.

No it wouldn't he would be cup tied for the FA CUP not the CL ffs.

Yes it would, no champions league team will get him, and whoever does will want him to play in the cup ffs.

Ranger might get 20 minutes from what I've read in the paper today. Kinnear saying you can't throw young lads in aged 17, but you can dip them in and back out again with the odd cameo here and there.

Hopefully Kazenga will get at least half an hour.

Ranger might get 20 minutes from what I've read in the paper today. Kinnear saying you can't throw young lads in aged 17, but you can dip them in and back out again with the odd cameo here and there.

Hopefully Kazenga will get at least half an hour.

Joe Kinnear pledges to help develop youngsters

NEWCASTLE United manager Joe Kinnear has revealed he will not interrupt Nile Ranger’s development by throwing him in the deep end amidst the Magpies’ current injury crisis.

United head to Hull City tomorrow and Kinnear will be forced to include a few youngsters to bolster his squad for the trip to the KC Stadium.

With Oba Martins, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi all struggling with injuries, Kinnear has to put some faith in Geordie boy Andy Carroll, but with little cover in the squad, exciting teenage striker Ranger has been thrust back into the picture.

Londoner Ranger has bagged 17 goals for the reserve and Academy sides this term, but Kinnear is determined to protect the youngster.

He told the Chronicle: “The kids will come into the fringes again at Hull.

“With people like Nile Ranger you have to be careful.

“He has a great future ahead but you don’t put him in against class players in his first match.

“It’s a case of nurturing them and giving them 20 minutes here and there.

“They only need a flavour of it at that age and you can’t give them anything that is too sensational.”

And Kinnear feels that with the stakes so high for Newcastle at the moment, with the black-and-whites looking to keep their season alive in the FA Cup and secure Premier League safety, it would be the wrong environment to blood kids, even though his options are limited.

He said: “You need to see they take strong tackles in a game because this is a tough business we are in.

“You need to find out if they can cope with the atmosphere.

“It’s different if it is the end of the season and it doesn’t matter because you’re safe.

“You can then sit down and say ‘we expect this’ or ‘we want this’ and see if they can handle it.

“At the moment we aren’t able to do that.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/02/joe-kinnear-pledges-to-help-develop-youngsters-72703-22592229/

I've read that three times now and I still can't decide if it means he wants to protect him by not playing him at all or giving him the odd 20 minutes. :lol:

Guest toonlass

Can't remember being this apathetic towards a 3rd round in yonks. It's supposed to be one of the best footballing weekends of the season and I honestly couldn't give a shit.  :blush:

And yet I am dreading it. I cannot remember an away match that I have been to for ages where I know we should win, but feel that we are going to be fucked over.