Hull City away 3rd round FA Cup - pre match thread

Magpie

I thought it was just a straight one game ban? Not sure like. :dontknow:

Wouldn't play him anyway tbh.

Third paragraph down.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1501873,00.html

“But at least Sebastien Bassong is free from suspension next week."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/29/newcastle-set-for-hectic-transfer-window-kinnear-72703-22566437/

Trust Kinnear to add some confusion to the matter. :lol:

He's back for Hull folks.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists/

Newcastle United FC

Sebastian Bassong Nguena

26/12/2008

Suspended from all football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for a Sending Off in a match played on 26/12/2008.

Oh and there's this from 2006 too:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/2006/12/14/keeping-you-all-in-suspense/

Have to go out there and maul them.

I'll be there, but sat in the East Stand with the Hull charvers, my mate is a big City fan, and me being a Toon fan he thought he'd get tickets...for the ultras' stand. Charvers and thugs, brilliant.

I'm tempted to watch this delayed on Setanta at 730pm. Will have to turn off the mobile until after then though to avoid hearing the score.

It's a game where there's really no pressure on us. All I can say is that there is an omen for the last time we played Hull in the FA Cup. I remember us losing 4-1 at home to Wolves (Steve Bull scored all 4) - game after, we went to Hull and won 1-0 in the Cup. Clutching at straws though!

Steve Bull was brilliant that day, btw - him and Andy Mutch tore us apart.

Xisco should be given a start, but I'm betting it will be Owen and Carroll up from.

-----------------Given--------------

Taylor----Coloccini----Bassong----Zogs

Jonas-----Geremi----Guthrie-----Duff

-------------Owen------Carroll/Xisco

I think we'll win this game.

Guest Brummiemag

Expecting Kinnear to play his strongest possible team for this game, the FA Cup still means  a hell of a lot and and it represents our one remaining possibility of a trophy 

For fuck's sake, it just gets better. :undecided:

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear abandoned normal training ahead of the FA Cup third round tie against Hull because he does not have enough fit players.

Habib Beye, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins, Joey Barton and Claudio Cacapa are on the long-term injury list.

Meanwhile, Jose Enrique, Nicky Butt and Shola Ameobi face late fitness tests.

"It's been a case of cancelling training and wrapping my players up in cotton wool, and then we will see if we can get 11 out for Hull," said Kinnear.

"It's tough, but it's my job to keep them all up for it. I have to face it, and it is my job to lift whoever is fit to play."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7803280.stm

Oba won't play. JK has already ruled him out of the match.

I do agree Greg. That is the best we can do. Let Lua Lua come of the bench for the last 20 or so.

Still out? b******. I thought he'd have made this one with Kinnear saying he was about 50/50 to play in the Wigan game.

“Beye’s on crutches and you’d think he’s going to be out at least three weeks.

“Viduka’s got a torn groin muscle, and I’d think he would be at least three weeks as well.

“Oba Martins will be at least two weeks minimum.

“We already know Joey Barton is down, and with Nicky Butt going down against Liverpool, who knows what the team will be at Hull?

“I can’t see any of the injured players coming back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/29/newcastle-set-for-hectic-transfer-window-kinnear-72703-22566437/

Hadn't seen that, cheers.

Given

Taylor - Coloccini - Bassong - N'Zogbia

Jonas - Geremi - Guthrie - Duff

Xisco - Owen

Subs: Harper, Edgar, Kadar, Doninger, Lua Lua, Carroll, Ameobi

Why people continue to pick Xisco in their starting line up ahead of Carroll, Ameobi ( Late fitness test ) or anyone is beyond me.  He has played a few times and has been worse than Rossi was from what I have seen. Its strongly rumored he was so rubbish its part of the reason Keegan went mental and left. Kinnear obviously doesn`t rate him either. Carroll and Ameobi have at least been average this season. I reckon at a guess Ranger would be more worthy of a place in the team than Xisco

I do agree Greg. That is the best we can do. Let Lua Lua come of the bench for the last 20 or so.

Still out? b******. I thought he'd have made this one with Kinnear saying he was about 50/50 to play in the Wigan game.

“Viduka’s got a torn groin muscle, and I’d think he would be at least three weeks as well.

“We already know Joey Barton is down, and with Nicky Butt going down against Liverpool, who knows what the team will be at Hull?

Given

Xisco - Owen

Why people continue to pick Xisco in their starting line up ahead of Carroll, Ameobi ( Late fitness test ) or anyone is beyond me.  He has played a few times and has been worse than Rossi was from what I have seen. Its strongly rumored he was so rubbish its part of the reason Keegan went mental and left. Kinnear obviously doesn`t rate him either. Carroll and Ameobi have at least been average this season. I reckon at a guess Ranger would be more worthy of a place in the team than Xisco

So because you've only seen him a few times and in your opinion is worse than Rossi, again based on seeing him a few times, he shouldn't be given a chance? :lol:

I'll base my opinion of him and the reason for putting him in the starting line up on more than a few games.

Given

Xisco - Owen

So because you've only seen him a few times and in your opinion is worse than Rossi, again based on seeing him a few times, he shouldn't be given a chance? :lol:

I'll base my opinion of him and the reason for putting him in the starting line up on more than a few games.

It's the FA cup aswell.. we don't have the squad depth to play our best possible XI week in week out as just a few injuries have shown us. Plus it'd give him a chance to prove himself worthy of some kind of first team place.

He's a decent player from what I saw from his last season in La Liga. I highly doubt the reason that Keegan walked out was because he was 'so rubbish' :lol:

Given

Xisco - Owen

It's the FA cup aswell.. we don't have the squad depth to play our best possible XI week in week out as just a few injuries have shown us. Plus it'd give him a chance to prove himself worthy of some kind of first team place.

He's a decent player from what I saw from his last season in La Liga. I highly doubt the reason that Keegan walked out was because he was 'so rubbish' :lol:

Yeah sorry he is the next Raul with his 1 goal to 2 games ratio in the Canary Islands 2nd divsion when he was 20 yrs old.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1052723/Xisco-Dont-blame-Keegan-farce--I-just-want-score-Newcastle.html

Xisco's signing is believed to have been a major factor in Keegan's resignation after Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise and his assistant Tony Jimenez organised the deal for the striker.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/2008/09/05/the-reasons-why-kevin-keegan-resigned-72703-21681798/

He certainly made it clear that he was not interested in the signing of Spanish Under-21 international Xisco.

How many times has Jk used him since he was back from injury too ?  I stick by what I said, My opinion is not based just on what little we have all seen of him but by that, 2 managers opinions and what I have read about him stats etc I feel Carroll and Ameobi are better suited to the Prem. The FA Cup is more physical too.

Given

Xisco - Owen

Yeah sorry he is the next Raul with his 1 goal to 2 games ratio in the Canary Islands 2nd divsion when he was 20 yrs old.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1052723/Xisco-Dont-blame-Keegan-farce--I-just-want-score-Newcastle.html

Xisco's signing is believed to have been a major factor in Keegan's resignation after Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise and his assistant Tony Jimenez organised the deal for the striker.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/2008/09/05/the-reasons-why-kevin-keegan-resigned-72703-21681798/

He certainly made it clear that he was not interested in the signing of Spanish Under-21 international Xisco.

How many times has Jk used him since he was back from injury too ?  I stick by what I said, My opinion is not based just on what little we have all seen of him but by that, 2 managers opinions and what I have read about him stats etc I feel Carroll and Ameobi are better suited to the Prem. The FA Cup is more physical too.

More research needed. :)

Keegan didn't want him, does that mean he's rubbish? Maybe it was because he was pissed off he didn't have a say in the transfer rather than the quality of the player?

Kinnear also stated he was pissed off with Xisco in training when he first arrived because he couldn't speak the best English at the time and was struggling to understand what he wanted him to do. That could be a huge factor why Xisco hasn't been given a chance.

Given

Xisco - Owen

Ok then.. you've given me two articles as your evidence. Fair enough. Neither have any actual quotes from either manager writing off Xisco so could be complete conjecture and I see one is written by Alan Oliver, the oracle of NUFC truth. Have a word.

And also saying that I think that a player who impressed in his La Liga games (I've underlined that, since you ignored that the first time) scoring 5 goals in his first two games following his loan and proving a promising target man who although isn't filled with goals, will help provide them and work for the team looks better than Shola "Got a brand new hip" Ameobi and Andy Carroll is hardly the same as saying that he's the next Raul. Grow up.

Also I wouldn't base footballing opinion on what Kinnear says, the man rates Duff highly and it took an injury for N'Zogbia to get in the team. I wouldn't be surprised if Xisco being left out was more personal reasons, like Roeder and Luque but we'll never know.