Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

I love Shay and everything that he's done for the club, but making a public statement like that, which might make other players not want to come to this club, is a low blow.

I'd say send him to Citeh and try to get Elano in the deal. I'm comfortable having Harper in net. In fact, if Shay goes, I would hope that we would extend Harper's contract and give him a run.

Perhaps it's a final plea to the club to get things sorted out. He's threatened to leave in the past but been convinced that we're trying to achieve things. He obviously feels that's not going to happen and wants out before the best he has to offer has past. The Liverpool game was a stunning advertisement of what he still can do.

Your suggestion about getting Elano stuns me tbh. Not that we don't need a player of his ability in that position, just the message it would send out. We'd be getting rid of one of our best players, and probably the player who loves the club the most and replacing him with just another mercenary who couldn't give a flying f*** if we were struggling and still paying him.

What a terrible, terrible message to send out.

All we know for sure right now is that Shay made a public statement to leave the club. If he wants to go, I would much rather we got players in positions that we need in exchange, then getting a wad of cash that Ashley will just put in his pocket, like he did with Milner.

Having a senior member of the team (EDIT: who wants to leave) in the dressing room will, in my view, do more damage than getting rid of him in exchange for a quality player in a position that needs strengthening. To me, that would send the message to the rest of the squad that Newcastle does want to move forward.

But mostly, my comment came from the fact that I don't fully trust that Ashley will spend the money that is necessary to fix the team. I'm hopeful, but I'm not convinced. So, if Arsenal or Citeh want him, I would be very happy to get players in exchange.

Fair enough. :thup:

This news has rocked me tbh, Shay is an absolute hero to me being a Newcastle and Ireland fan. To see this man move somewhere else in the Premiership would be absolutely sickening and as far as giving Mike Ashley etc another chance goes, im done.

You wait and see how many players want out now, they all know we are a sinking ship. If we dont go down this season lads it will be next. If its next season then hopefully we dont finish bottom with less than 20 points. What kind of player would want to play for Newcastle under Joe Kinnear? By giving Kinnear the job for the rest of the season Ashley has shown us his intent and that is to do fuck all. You watch Kinnear get another deal in the summer aswell btw. This club has become an absolute farce and it is on the brink of doom right now as the fans and club grow further and further apart literally by every passing week.

We might even get a keeper who can set a wall and save a free kick.

Harper is no better at either unfortunately

I know i'm in danger of unlocking another crate of wriggly bastards here, but the only thing that Harper is significantly worse at than Shay is shot-stopping. It's the difference that makes Given a top class keeper, and Harper only a good one, but basically what i mean is that i'll be happy seeing Harper given the number 1 shirt. Spend the winnings on more pressing areas (providing Ashley doesn't pocket it and spend it in Greggs ZOMG!!!11).

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane shit about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to fuck!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane shit about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to fuck!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

what a load of bollocks.

Mike Ashley is taking the club right back to where we were before the Halls and shepherd found it, and it has been as obvious as the nose on your face for at least the last 12 months.

I'll spell it out for you: they're both shit. And this is not the first time in the past 11 years that Given's future here has been called into question. The histrionics in this thread are understandable. The club is in decline and disarray. But Shepherd's reign was part of the decay that led us to this point. 

Well we've had a bash at the Keegan vs Wise/Ashley debate, touched on Given vs Harper, so we might aswell chuck a bit of Shepherd vs Ashley in there n'all! :lol: Anyone want to debate whether or not Martins is better than Owen?

Now STOP! Let's end this now. There is no fucking way I'm abandoning another thread because another discussion about Freddy fucking Shepherd :lol:

Is there a way to remove his posts from this thread and put them in his own thread?

Well we've had a bash at the Keegan vs Wise/Ashley debate, touched on Given vs Harper, so we might aswell chuck a bit of Shepherd vs Ashley in there n'all! :lol: Anyone want to debate whether or not Martins is better than Owen?

Sorry mate, but you can prove to me that God doesnt exist, i mean evolution? Dont make me laugh man :lol:

Now STOP! Let's end this now. There is no f***ing way I'm abandoning another thread because another discussion about Freddy f***ing Shepherd :lol:

Is there a way to remove his posts from this thread and put them in his own thread?

Yes, but I've just looked at it and I have a feeling I'd press something that would end up with the entire forum imploding :lol:

Sorry mate, but you can prove to me that God doesnt exist, i mean evolution? Dont make me laugh man :lol:

Bobby shouldn't have been sacked mid-season, Shearer should be benched and we should stop relying on him every week, Bowyer is a s***, footballing playing thug and Kieron Dyer is a running headless chicken injury prone cock-end since with only six days left of the transfer window. Acceptable or not?

:lol:

Bobby shouldn't have been sacked mid-season, Shearer should be benched and we should stop relying on him every week, Bowyer is a s***, footballing playing thug and Kieron Dyer is a running headless chicken injury prone cock-end since with only six days left of the transfer window. Acceptable or not?

Good times.

If Shay leaves, we're are in even bigger shit than we already are, nobody will want to sign, and nobody will even want to stay ! Thanks for rewening my beloved club Ashley you fat piece of shit.

£15M + Hart and we would have a deal

Only hope is that it's an emotional respose to the 5-1 thrashing (you could see how furious he was) and he might reconsider when it's died down.  Wan't it only a week or so ago he said he wanted to finish his career here?

Didn't hear him or his agent whinging when we went 6 unbeaten till Wigan.

Don't  have a problem with him fancying a shot at silverware if he's being touted/tapped up for Arsenal or the new cash kids City, but call it like it is Shay, don't bleat about how hard it is BEFORE the transfer window has got going and just after the club has 'promised' to push on during 2009. You should have said this, if you meant it, at the end of the summer window when we were really in the shit.

Got shades of the Zog's monthly whinge this.