Newcastle confirm interest in Ferguson

Thespence

My socks just torpedoed into the floorboards.

:lol:

Riise and Ferguson. Super Joe sure has some quality players in mind. :thup:

Sorry for the obviousness but Joe + the super duper scouting team behind him

Aye, I bet those two took some spotting. Just like Bassong!

I thought you would be happy Dave since you've insisted that the manager should pick his signings.

The ED(F) is still in place & running the transfers & contracts, if he was not happy we would not be doing the deal.

Is he really better than Butt? He's only three years younger (and Butt's legs at this level have been gone for at least 2-3 years) and while Butt was a genuine top class player in his pomp, Barry Ferguson was certainly not.

What are his actual strenghts? In fairness, if he can lift some weight off the back four and retain possession then he's an improvement on Butt. I can't imagine those two would be a particularly inspriging partnership, however.

What are his actual strenghts? In fairness, if he can lift some weight off the back four and retain possession then he's an improvement on Butt. I can't imagine those two would be a particularly inspriging partnership, however.

Spelling.

Would be a DECENT signing. From what i remember of his Blackburn days he started off quite poorly but towards the end of his time there his performances had improved. He's an experianced guy and as much as i hate to use this phrase... he's better than Butt.

Anymore than about 4m and he's not worth it.

my neighbour is a blackburn fan and he has just said the same, he started off badly but he was sad to see him sold in the end.

he's 3/4 years older now though..

I thought you would be happy Dave since you've insisted that the manager should pick his signings.

The ED(F) is still in place & running the transfers & contracts, if he was not happy we would not be doing the deal.

Nice try of turning it around.

Everyone on here who was moaning that the manager should be able to sign who he wants should be happy with themselves, they've finally got it.

Forget these foreign players who are scouts have their eye on, Kinnear wants Ferguson and the club are going to get him so they should be happy.

Is he really better than Butt? He's only three years younger (and Butt's legs at this level have been gone for at least 2-3 years) and while Butt was a genuine top class player in his pomp, Barry Ferguson was certainly not.

a lot of man utd fans would argue otherwise about butt mind.

Everyone on here who was moaning that the manager should be able to sign who he wants should be happy with themselves, they've finally got it.

Forget these foreign players who are scouts have their eye on, Kinnear wants Ferguson and the club are going to get him so they should be happy.

Yep, the club have no problem getting him because he's going to cost fuck all.

I'd like to see what would happen if Kinnear requested an actual footballer. You know, the ones that cost more than £4m.

I wouldn't rate Butt as a top class player ever. He was good, at times very good but never had what it takes to be a top class player.

I wouldn't rate Butt as a top class player ever. He was good, at times very good but never had what it takes to be a top class player.

Depends on your definition of top class, he was never as good as Keane (who I'd say was world class, obviously the terms are subjective) but he produced in the Champions League consistently (was Man Utd's only central midfielder in the final btw) and he produced at the World Cup.

I am not turning anything around, we still have the same system in place but the part TJ played has been split between Decca & Dennis. Do you think Ashley is keeping Dennis on to do fuck all?  

But I think what Dennis/Mike/Joe maybe are doing atm is trying to protect PL status with old heads. If you read the Mike Ashley statement the full version that was in the programme he still makes it clear young talent is still what he is about.

managers should pick their own players, and use the scouting system to help them do this. the trick is getting in a good manager instead of someone like kinnear. it also helps if they are given money instead of scratching around the SPL for old never has beens.

Depends on your definition of top class, he was never as good as Keane (who I'd say was world class, obviously the terms are subjective) but he produced in the Champions League consistently (was Man Utd's only central midfielder in the final btw) and he produced at the World Cup.

as did trevor sinclair and danny mills though [good world cups].

point taken on champs league mind, but the man utd fans i know have never rated him.

I am not turning anything around, we still have the same system in place but the part TJ played has been split between Decca & Dennis. Do you think Ashley is keeping Dennis on to do fuck all?  

But I think what Dennis/Mike/Joe maybe are doing atm is trying to protect PL status with old heads. If you read the Mike Ashley statement the full version that was in the programme he still makes it clear young talent is still what he is about.

Wise's job will still be the same, the only difference is that it looks like he's going to get the players in the manager wants now instead of these fancy foreigners, Kinnear wants Barry Ferguson and we're going for him so everyone should be happy.

If this is the limit of Kinnear's ambitions though Baggio then of course you're right. I'd rather have the manager pick and choose who he wants than the system buy them for him. I think Ferguson is shit, but then if he was, that would be Kinnear to blame and nobody else. I could blame the manager's judgement instead of guessing who fucked up, as in the case of Xisco. The man whose job is on the line would be judged on the performance of the players he wanted, like at most other clubs.

As I said before though, if Kinnear has more than £4m to play with and he's still picking Barry Ferguson then he's even fucking thicker than I thought. Seems much more likely that he's just got very limited funds, if any.

I am not turning anything around, we still have the same system in place but the part TJ played has been split between Decca & Dennis. Do you think Ashley is keeping Dennis on to do f*** all?  

Wise's job will still be the same, the only difference is that it looks like he's going to get the players in the manager wants now instead of these fancy foreigners, Kinnear wants Barry Ferguson and we're going for him so everyone should be happy.

Wise was at Bramall Lane checking on if believed Naughton & Quinn, who sent him there JFK?

People believe a manager should have players they like or at least input because if they don't you end up with chaps like Xisco not playing at all. This does not mean everyone likes the players a manager may bring in.

Remember when we were linked with any tom/dick/harry as a striker, and no matter how naff they were, people would remark 'Well, at least he's better than Shola'?

Butt is the midfield equivalent of that now.

I'd say straight swap. Butt would probably cut it in Jockland.