Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

No, but because we're not at the training ground so we don't know how well the players perform and so on. If all our managers don't seem to rate Xisco, I'm inclined to believe he's not that good until Pardew (or whoever comes next) decides he thinks he's good enough to play in the first XI.

How do you explain how Matty Pattison got a game then?

Injury crisis to be fair, he was never really picked on merit.

No excuses on Ramage though, was picked quite a lot when we had able deputies.

Even Ali Dia got a Premier League game. It's a shit argument as I'm argumenting that our managers clearly don't see Xisco as good enough to be a starter, whilst the explanation for the likes of Ramage would be that at the time our managers thought he was good enough to start. Which in hindsight was wrong, as it could still turn out to be wrong not playing Xisco. I'm just saying I'm inclined to have faith in our managers until they prove me otherwise as they see more of the players than we ever will.

It's not blind faith. Xisco's not done anything that we've seen to merit a starting position other than being a striker in the squad of NUFC. He had one assist at Villa, playing as a winger. Yet that apparently is the main argument people have for starting him as a striker.

It's not blind faith. Xisco's not done anything that we've seen to merit a starting position other than being a striker in the squad of NUFC. He had one assist at Villa, playing as a winger. Yet that apparently is the main argument people have for starting him as a striker.

Neither had Best before the West Ham game to be fair, and that didn't go too bad.

Neither had Best before the West Ham game to be fair, and that didn't go too bad.

But Best might have done something we've not seen to merit a starting position. By all accounts he's been very good in training.