Xisco joins Deportivo on loan until the end of the season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

pardew in the chron on xisco

Spanish striker Xisco, who cost Newcastle £5.7m in 2008, woke up to headlines linking him with a move to Championship strugglers Middlesbrough.

But Pardew said: “I’ve not heard any news on Xisco, I was surprised to hear the story.

“There has been no contact with Middlesbrough at all.

“We have contacted a number of Spanish teams to see if they are interested.

“He’s a lovely lad and popular with players here. He’s lost his way a bit.

“I’ve sat down and told him that if nothing comes out in the transfer window this time, he will stay and we will try to get him back on the scene again.

“We’ll work with him. Sometimes it’s not about the attitude of the player, it’s about the attitude of the club as well, and we’ll work him.

“If he’s prepared to change things a bit, I’m prepared to as well.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/28/magpies-manager-in-no-panic-to-sign-players-72703-28071356/2/#ixzz1CKfNwkbJ

Spanish striker Xisco, who cost Newcastle £5.7m in 2008, woke up to headlines linking him with a move to Championship strugglers Middlesbrough.

But Pardew said: “I’ve not heard any news on Xisco, I was surprised to hear the story.

“I’ve sat down and told him that if nothing comes out in the transfer window this time, he will stay and we will try to get him back on the scene again.

“We’ll work with him. Sometimes it’s not about the attitude of the player, it’s about the attitude of the club as well, and we’ll work him.

“If he’s prepared to change things a bit, I’m prepared to as well.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/28/magpies-manager-in-no-panic-to-sign-players-72703-28071356/2/#ixzz1CKfNwkbJ

We;ve heard similar before, lets hope Pardew means it and gets him going again. There's a decent player in there somewhere.

cant belive we are getting rid of someone with as many premier league assists this season as Garath Bale!!    (failed joke if opta is wrong)

Xisco has one assist. Bale has three.

1 in the league. 2 in the champions league. (can't count that)

3 in the league. Blackburn, Fulham and Birmingham.

He only got an assist against Blackburn. (and two goals)

If he’s prepared to change things a bit, I’m prepared to as well.”

:shifty:

“We'll work with him. Sometimes it’s not about the attitude of the player, it’s about the attitude of the club as well, and we'll work him.

“If he's prepared to take the finger out of his arse, I'm prepared to as well.”

“We'll work with him. Sometimes it’s not about the attitude of the player, it’s about the attitude of the club as well, and we'll work him.

“If he's prepared to take the finger out of his arse, I'm prepared to put mine in.”

I can't help but feel there's no carrot, no incentive for Xisco. We don't know whether he's lazy in training or grafts his arse off - but you'd assume players have good training sessions and bad traning sessions regardless of their ability - and he's not even been given a sniff for ages now. I'd not be shocked if he's given up hope now, which some may cite as bad attitude, but he's been made to fester in our reserves for years now, and I feel a bit sorry for him.

Oh and for the record

a) the carrot isn't up his arse

b) neither is my penis/finger/toe/tongue

Why doesn't Pardew just give him a full game?  It might just motivate him if he gets a taste for scoring.  Clearly not playing him hasn't worked.

Because there are others in front of him doing better?

I still don't understand why he should just be given a start for the sake of it.

Why doesn't Pardew just give him a full game?  It might just motivate him if he gets a taste for scoring.  Clearly not playing him hasn't worked.

???

/I think what Pardew has come out with re Xisco is spot on btw, especially saying that sometimes the club have to look at their own atitude as well. With a lack of any offers the slate needs to be wiped clean again. Really good to see from a manager. :thup:

Why doesn't Pardew just give him a full game?  It might just motivate him if he gets a taste for scoring.  Clearly not playing him hasn't worked.

I still don't understand why he should just be given a start for the sake of it.

Exactly. It's not like we're playing for nothing :lol:

Why doesn't Pardew just give him a full game?  It might just motivate him if he gets a taste for scoring.  Clearly not playing him hasn't worked.

Exactly. It's not like we're playing for nothing :lol:

But when we're having to lean heavily on the likes of Best, Ranger and Lovenrands as our strikeforce, it's worth taking the small risk for a game for the payoff that he might turn into a useful player rather than continuing to add f-all to the club.

And he'd have to play pretty badly to be worse than those three have been on occasion.

I can't help but feel there's no carrot, no incentive for Xisco. We don't know whether he's lazy in training or grafts his arse off - but you'd assume players have good training sessions and bad traning sessions regardless of their ability - and he's not even been given a sniff for ages now. I'd not be shocked if he's given up hope now, which some may cite as bad attitude, but he's been made to fester in our reserves for years now, and I feel a bit sorry for him.

Oh and for the record

We may not know what he's like in training but there's plenty of people have seen him barely be bothered to shake a leg when he's played for the reserve team. 

He hasn't even festered in the reserves as he hasn't been good enough to get a game or showed the desire and application to play for the shirt.  Rightly so the club have played the likes of Ranger and Airey as they want to go out and play for the club.

Oh and for the record

We may not know what he's like in training but there's plenty of people have seen him barely be bothered to shake a leg when he's played for the reserve team. 

He hasn't even festered in the reserves as he hasn't been good enough to get a game or showed the desire and application to play for the shirt.  Rightly so the club have played the likes of Ranger and Airey as they want to go out and play for the club.

It's a bit strange though, he's best chums with Colo, Jonas and Jose et al. It just seems he's motivated enough to be here, just not to perform. Could be he's actually just shit?