Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Gonna hurt like hell seeing Given's name on another club's shirt.

Just starting to sink in that he won't be a newcastle player much longer :(

Don't man, just don't

cannot even think about it...

We've already seen his last game.  :kasper:

Fucking hell you'd think he'd died or something. :lol:

Players move clubs all the time. He's a talented footballer who doesn't want to play for us anymore and he's engineered himself a move away on the sly. He's not a fucking god. 

Players move clubs all the time. He's a talented footballer who doesn't want to play for us anymore and he's engineered himself a move away on the sly. He's not a fucking god. 

It's more of a reflection on the position that the club is in for me.

f***ing hell you'd think he'd died or something. :lol:

Players move clubs all the time. He's a talented footballer who doesn't want to play for us anymore. He's not a f***ing god. 

Aye ya reet, fk him lads disloyal cunt, lets move on....

:D

Players move clubs all the time. He's a talented footballer who doesn't want to play for us anymore and he's engineered himself a move away on the sly. He's not a f***ing god. 

He's arguably the club's biggest legend in the past decade bar Shearer.

He's the last "respectable" footballer we have remaining at this club and probably will be the last one of those we have for a long, long while.

Of course it hurts more than "just another player moving clubs."

Players move clubs all the time. He's a talented footballer who doesn't want to play for us anymore and he's engineered himself a move away on the sly. He's not a f***ing god. 

He's the last "respectable" footballer we have remaining at this club and probably will be the last one of those we have for a long, long while.

I was so over him and then you go and say things like that...

:lol:

Exactly. It's a sad sad day for this football club when a player that has taken so much shit over the years from the powers above and still stayed loyal to the club, finally holds up his hands and says he's had enough.

I'd agree with that. I'm sad that he's felt he needed to move on but I'm annoyed at how he's gone about making sure it happen.  :thup:

I'd agree with that. I'm sad that he's felt he needed to move on but I'm annoyed at how he's gone about making sure it happen.  :thup:

I agree with that definitely. I think it's the fact we're in this position that Shay is getting away with the part you've mentioned, as someone like that doesn't come around very often. And won't be coming to this club for a very long time.

If he was 'respectable' he'd have handed an official transfer request in rather than getting his lawyer to release a snidey little statement. He should have been honest about it rather than hanging on for a loyalty payment like Barton did.

If he was 'respectable' he'd have handed an official transfer request in rather than getting his lawyer to release a snidey little statement. He should have been honest about it rather than hanging on for a loyalty payment like Barton did.

Agreed, if he thinks it's bad while living a life of luxury then he wants to try it from the stands.

Shay's a true NUFC legend and selling him at his peak, not because of a mega bid from Barcelona but simply because he's utterly sick of the way the club is going is devastating.

Of all the things the poisonous charlatans running the club have done in their short time here, this ranks up at the top.

What's bad about how he's gone about it btw? He's advertised himself, that's all in my opinion. I don't think he's gone and spoken to other clubs' representatives behind our back, has he? He'd probably deserve a bit of a slap on the wrist if he's done that but... and i'll probably get lambasted for this... we owe Shay Given absolutely nothing - nothing whatsoever. Can't believe you can have a go at people for being gutted that Shay's going. I'm afraid to use this term nowadays, simply because it is overused and used out of context - but Given is a legend imo. He's probably in his peak right about now aswell.

It just underlines what a fucking mess the club is in. Pretty sad day iyam. :undecided:

Be interesting to see what he has to say once he has moved, he is our last real "big player" very very sad he is going but I understand how he feels. We are in such a mess and for the past few seasons every transfer widow Shay has cane out and said we must strengthen the squad, the hab=ve not done that so he feels he needs to move on, no matter how long he is at City for this club will always be the one he loves.

Shay's a true NUFC legend and selling him at his peak, not because of a mega bid from Barcelona but simply because he's utterly sick of the way the club is going is devastating.

Of all the things the poisonous charlatans running the club have done in their short time here, this ranks up at the top.

Agree entirely.

Yup.

You're a right iconoclastic c*nt, you know that?

Exactly. It's a sad sad day for this football club when a player that has taken so much shit over the years from the powers above and still stayed loyal to the club, finally holds up his hands and says he's had enough.

To be fair, this is the first time a club has been persistent in it's persual of Given.

He's been well paid for the decade and more he's been at the club and we've had a good return from an excellent goalie. I wish him all the best in his new job.

I'm sure Harps will step into the breach and do a good job for us. Let's hope he doesn't get injured because we won't have the insurance of having 2 of the best goalies in the league in our squad anymore.

You're a right iconoclastic c*nt, you know that?

:lol: