Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Ah well. :(

Hardly surprising you're leaving us now Shay, especially when you get dog's abuse for simply having reached your own breaking point. You've been a valiant and reliable stalwart over some of the most difficult times of the past decade.

All the best to you. :thup:

Seconded.

Thirded, I think some of the commenst are a bit unfair.

Bloke on Betfair forum reckons Jo on loan could be part of the deal....

:lol:

A body I guess.

SSN think he is going to Everton on loan.

Prefer to let Carroll have his chance,hes impressed in the last few games of late,while Jo hasnt looked great from what I remember.I have a feeling Moyes will get the best outta him

Ah well. :(

Hardly surprising you're leaving us now Shay, especially when you get dog's abuse for simply having reached your own breaking point. You've been a valiant and reliable stalwart over some of the most difficult times of the past decade.

All the best to you. :thup:

Seconded.

Thirded, I think some of the commenst are a bit unfair.

Fourthed  :laugh2: ,I think some of the comments have being embarassing tbh

Guest firetotheworks

Im reserving judgement on how I feel about this because hes played for us for years. But at the moment Im bitter and pissed off with the way its happened, the way hes gone about it, the timing and the fact that its him thats jumped first. Im gunna wait to see what comes out in the wash before I make judgement.

He's going to a club who will next season be challenging a top 4 place.

If that's "jumping ship", then people need to get a grip.

the top 4 comment is very, very debateable.

and as already said, he could have stayed until the end of the season instead of deserting us now.

Guest sittingontheball

Citeh won't be Top 4 with Hughes.

Over the years, I'm sure Shay could have pushed for a move somewhere better than us, so lets thank him for staying this long. Wages aside, I dunno about the wisdom of going to Citeh, but good luck to him all the same. Its great for us that he'll join them though, because no-one else would give us anything like that kind of fee. Now lets get it spent the morra!

Just a shame the City away game didn't come 2 weeks later. Would have fancied Ryan Taylor to do him. ;)

At least Taylor won't have a chance to point out to given how he's been getting things wrong.

I hope they buy Buffon in the summer and you rot on the bench Steve Harper style.

harsh indeed dude   :no:

If I can fall out of love with Kevin Keegan for abandoning us this season, I can certainly fall out of love with Shay Given.

Guest firetotheworks

I hope they buy Buffon in the summer and you rot on the bench Steve Harper style.

harsh indeed dude   :no:

If I can fall out of love with Kevin Keegan for abandoning us this season, I can certainly fall out of love with Shay Given.

One abandoning is fool them, twice is fool us surely?

I really dont have much of a problem, people say he is leaving a sinking ship but we have been sinking for a long time now and he has stuck here for a long time.

He handed in a transfer request in the end (something I hate when players whinge and moan but refuse to do because of the £££).

Been a great servant to us and deserves something from his career, still don't want him to get it mind but not because of him.

Wish him all the best. Dont hate him for leaving at all he doesnt owe us anything, he isnt leaving us in the shit, we have decent cover. Good luck to him.

Only thing Im upset about is:

A) not getting enough money for him

B) Man Citeh being Pricks

C) not getting any players in exchange

D) Man Citeh being Pricks

Whilst the board couldnt do much about B or D, we had the power to change A and C. Maybe we will be suprised, I wont be expecting anything thats for sure.

Thought Harper did well today, performed the "sweeper keeper" role to great effect. One dodgy moment from Richardson aside, obviously.

Started off poor, but built up his confidence and showed character.

Guest ObaStar

we bought him for 1.5 million. Got 12 great years of service out of him. We have good cover in Harper and good youngsters in Krul and Forster and Sodenberg. To get 8 Million for a player at his age when in 3 years he could retire or get injured and be finished is good business and can help the team move forward.