Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham United - 10/01/09 - Post match reaction from P16

PM

Overall Wiley had a bloody awful game, as a lot of the refs the come up here do, trying to prove how 'tough' they are and give fuck all to us.  The Caroll incident with an arm in the back would have been a 'stone wall' penalty in any match involving the top four in Sky's eyes but overlooked for us.  The one just after half time on Bellamy by Bassong should have been a penalty, but Wiley didn't give it as he should have given the foul on Bassong prior to that.

Then we had the hand ball mid way in the second half.  Fine - he was two foot away, but if you jump up like you're a basket ball defender with your arms above your head then surely there is at least some sort of intent.  And the disallowed goal - there was a hell of a lot less contact than the Carroll incident, but one is called and one is isn't, strangely enough both against the team in balck and white.

Resepect the Referee.  Respect is earned, not given and most of these fuckers get the 'respect' that they deserve and Alan Wiley is the short, barrel shaped, hairier version of Steve Bennet who I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire.

Guest Heneage

The own goal should never have been ruled out, judging by the highlights. The contact was minimal, and Collins was diving over well before he was even touched.

Lucas Neill didnt see any foul..... he was gutted.

Was the best part :lol:

I seriously hate that twat, typical good luck for a shite player, I agree mind the contact was minimal, and I think other end probably would have stood.

Overall Wiley had a bloody awful game, as a lot of the refs the come up here do, trying to prove how 'tough' they are and give f*** all to us.  The Caroll incident with an arm in the back would have been a 'stone wall' penalty in any match involving the top four in Sky's eyes but overlooked for us.  The one just after half time on Bellamy by Bassong should have been a penalty, but Wiley didn't give it as he should have given the foul on Bassong prior to that.

Then we had the hand ball mid way in the second half.  Fine - he was two foot away, but if you jump up like you're a basket ball defender with your arms above your head then surely there is at least some sort of intent.  And the disallowed goal - there was a hell of a lot less contact than the Carroll incident, but one is called and one is isn't, strangely enough both against the team in balck and white.

Resepect the Referee.  Respect is earned, not given and most of these fuckers get the 'respect' that they deserve and Alan Wiley is the short, barrel shaped, hairier version of Steve Bennet who I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire.

:thup: Spot on.

They talk about respect for referees - like a Premiership manager said a few months ago (can't remember who), we're all ready to respect the referees if they start getting the big decisions right.

This year, referees have been nothing short of woeful. They're too busy trying to show they're tough rather than getting the decision right. If they can frustrate the Old Trafford or St James Park crowd, they've done well....blah blah...

Maybe I'm blind, or an idiot, but imo after Michael Owen and Shay Given, Danny Guthrie is our best player!

He was a class above the rest with his control and reading of the game. He still has a long way to go to polish a few aspects of his game, but he has the character to become a top class international and I for one would hold on to him no matter the temptation.

Enrique was brilliant today apart from his usual misplaced passes which he simply HAS to do something about. Otherwise he is more than a capable full back, and actually a very good one.

Thought Taylor had a very good game as well. Joined in the attack at every opportunity. Well played.

Andy Carroll, considering some of the stick he's got from some of you lot on here lately, stuck two fingers up at the whingers. Hold up play was exceptional for someone who has hardly been involved, and he made his presence felt. Man of the match today imo.

Special mention to Damien Duff and Seb Bassong who both had good games.

Jonas was once again extremely disappointing. Apart from the first 10 minutes, and his injury time dribble, he was non-existent and ineffective. Coloccini has had better games.

Overall, a decent come back, but we really should have had them dead and buried by half time.

Bellamy is a cunt

Maybe I'm blind, or an idiot, but imo after Michael Owen and Shay Given, Danny Guthrie is our best player!

He was a class above the rest with his control and reading of the game. He still has a long way to go to polish a few aspects of his game, but he has the character to become a top class international and I for one would hold on to him no matter the temptation.

Enrique was brilliant today apart from his usual misplaced passes which he simply HAS to do something about. Otherwise he is more than a capable full back, and actually a very good one.

Thought Taylor had a very good game as well. Joined in the attack at every opportunity. Well played.

Andy Carroll, considering some of the stick he's got from some of you lot on here lately, stuck two fingers up at the whingers. Hold up play was exceptional for someone who has hardly been involved, and he made his presence felt. Man of the match today imo.

Jonas was once again extremely disappointing. Apart from the first 10 minutes, and his injury time dribble, he was non-existent and ineffective. Coloccini has had better games.

Overall, a decent come back, but we really should have had them dead and buried by half time.

Bellamy is a c***

No way Guthrie is better than: Oba, Jonas, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, N'Zogbia, or even Viduka (fit one obviously) in my opinion. He's a decent player. Don't think he is ready to be a starter in a team that is going places (He will grow into that). I think the player I listed above are good enough for that.

Just got in, few points i'd like to make on the game.

No matter how much Bellamy is a cunt, and how much i hate him, i'd LOVE to see him wearing black and white stripes again.

Thought Carroll done better than usual, held up the ball very well and made some excellant headers, including his goal. Hate his hair though.

Guthrie was good, excellant distributer of the ball, will only get better as months go on.

Gutierrez done OK, always runs with the ball, but seems to run out of ideas at the last minute, worked hard.

Defence was, well, average. Thought Enrique was good apart from him giving the ball away so stupidly. That really pisses me off, because he is a fine player.

Geremi was basically non-existant, slow as usual, coudln't put a decent ball in for shit, looks finished.

Owen and Duff looked sharpish

Given was outstanding as usual

Collocini, as said in other posts, has had better games

Bassong, sound as a pound, as per usual

Taylor, done OK, nothing spectacular

Overall, not the best day at the office, we really needed to pick up 3 points and now need to pick up a lot more points in the second half of the season away from home. I was looking at the fixtures in the programme at half-time, and it's not looking too good. We will be lucky to get 8 points out of our remaining home games, and games away from home speak for themselves, usually get jack shit

Guest toonlass

Steven Taylor is currently standing at 0% in the man of the match awards on nufc.co.uk which is fine and I agree with, but who the fuck voted for Geremi as he is standing at 0.9%. Was the Helen Keller school watching the match today?

Steven Taylor is currently standing at 0% in the man of the match awards on nufc.co.uk which is fine and I agree with, but who the fuck voted for Geremi as he is standing at 0.9%. Was the Helen Keller school watching the match today?

For the sheer crack, in hope that maybe someone like you may notice and post it on here. I might go on and vote for Geremi actually

Not sure where to post this, but I saw the text comments on the BBC score updates on the website earlier (well, yesterday) as the games were being played. And I'm positive one of them, basically having a dig at Newcastle being a laughing stock, was from someone called Louise.

From Sunderland.

Surely not!?

Not sure where to post this, but I saw the text comments on the BBC score updates on the website earlier (well, yesterday) as the games were being played. And I'm positive one of them, basically having a dig at Newcastle being a laughing stock, was from someone called Louise.

From Sunderland.

Surely not!?

Maybe a scum fan being so dis-interested in their own team they would rather concentrate on us.

Or maybe its a mackem who supports us, which i wouldn't blame them, (have you actually been to Sunderland)

It actually annoys me at matches how many people actually do have a mackem accent, but are Newcaslte fans.

Sunderland could say the same about us like, i have a few cousins and uncles who support Sunderland (embarrassingly so) and they dont have an ounce of a mackem accent in them. I really really dont know why they wanted to be Sunderland fans. It good banter actuaally, partys etc, gives us something to crack on about.

From Sunderland.

Surely not!?

Maybe a scum fan being so dis-interested in their own team they would rather concentrate on us.

Or maybe its a mackem who supports us, which i wouldn't blame them, (have you actually been to Sunderland)

It actually annoys me at matches how many people actually do have a mackem accent, but are Newcaslte fans.

Sunderland could say the same about us like, i have a few cousins and uncles who support Sunderland (embarrassingly so) and they dont have an ounce of a mackem accent in them. I really really dont know why they wanted to be Sunderland fans. It good banter actuaally, partys etc, gives us something to crack on about.

....I was actually hinting at the whole Louise Taylor thing  :lol:

But fair enough mate! I know where you're coming from.

A very bad result which could have been worse - WH are a side which we should be beating at SJP if the club is to stay up, and on the second-half performance we could easily have lost.

Jonas has confirmed my original fears about him after he never matched his performance at OT - he is, as the Scots used to say, a 'Tanner Ba' player'...in other words, looks good on the ball, but no end product ; the fact that he celebrated his goal at Mallorca with a Spider-Man mask says it all, because they won't happen very often and even in this instance, he could have found Owen with a decent pass instead....

To win the match with that late effort would have been a travesty though - the Hammers deserved at least a point.

Unfortunately, the club are going to have to rely on Lady Luck if they are to survive this season.

A very bad result which could have been worse - WH are a side which we should be beating at SJP if the club is to stay up, and on the second-half performance we could easily have lost.

Jonas has confirmed my original fears about him after he never matched his performance at OT - he is, as the Scots used to say, a 'Tanner Ba' player'...in other words, looks good on the ball, but no end product ; the fact that he celebrated his goal at Mallorca with a Spider-Man mask says it all, because they won't happen very often and even in this instance, he could have found Owen with a decent pass instead....

To win the match with that late effort would have been a travesty though - the Hammers deserved at least a point.

Unfortunately, the club are going to have to rely on Lady Luck if they are to survive this season.

I disagree.

Whilst Newcastle are capable of producing an horrendous performance, they are also likely to produce a good performance - and regularly enough to stay in the league, a la Pompey away, Villa at home, etc.

It's not going to be pretty, but I think you'll get through it.

It's sad to see the club in this state, though.

Bellamy is a c***

No way Guthrie is better than: Oba, Jonas, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, N'Zogbia, or even Viduka (fit one obviously) in my opinion. He's a decent player. Don't think he is ready to be a starter in a team that is going places (He will grow into that). I think the player I listed above are good enough for that.

Pound for pound footballing skills, technique, awareness, drive and passion, Guthrie is better than that lot when it comes to actual application. He has been a breath of fresh air, and having a top class midfielder beside him, we will become much more dominant as he's currently having to do the work of two no matter who he has been paired with. The players you mention may be more talented in certain aspects, but they are no way performing to Guthrie's standards imo (except maybe for Bassong).

I was concerned -even frightened about our situation before the game yesterday. I'm still concerned - even frightened.

The game itself was average, but that's all. The defence were poor ( marvel at how they stood still and watch West Ham score their second), and we're crying out for a central midfielder who can get the ball forward and create chances and options for the strikers. We're handicapped when we put Geremi or Butt in because they have no pace and stifle the momentum of the whole midfield - dare I say it, the whole team.And yet, we're stuck for options of who we can put in there.

The Liverpool game showed what happens to the defence if we lose one or two players to injuries/suspension. In other words, it goes from passable to shit. As for the forwards well, they don't get the service due to midfield problems (better service would do wonders for Owen and Martins, we all know that). We also have a problem with injuries. Martins - injured, Viduka - injured (yet again), Ameobi - injured (and shite), and we all know Owen can get injured easily, which leaves us with Andy Carroll, who is inexperienced.

So, we pretty much need to urgently strengthen in all areas apart from Goalkeepers (but if Given goes....?).

Basically, we're NOT going to do that. As things stand, I can't see us bringing in any player(s) that we really need. I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't bring anyone in at all. After all, how many players are going to look at NUFC at the minute, at how it's being run, at all the chaos and turmoil and think 'hmm, yes, I really want to play there!'? If we do get players in, I think that they will be in the cheap/desperate/sub-standard/not really that good mould, that will not improve the team, and will probably end up bieng virtually invisible - ala Xisco/Nacho Gonzalez.

As has already been said, we're currently 11th - purely because we've played more games than other people, and not because we're improving, but because other teams have f*cked up worse than us. The fact is we're not playing well, and could quite easily start being the one who f*cks up worse than others and going into freefall.

Overall Wiley had a bloody awful game, as a lot of the refs the come up here do, trying to prove how 'tough' they are and give f*** all to us.  The Caroll incident with an arm in the back would have been a 'stone wall' penalty in any match involving the top four in Sky's eyes but overlooked for us.  The one just after half time on Bellamy by Bassong should have been a penalty, but Wiley didn't give it as he should have given the foul on Bassong prior to that.

I'm struggling to remember the last time I saw a PL ref who looked like he was up to the job and Wiley was the worst yet.

As we now import our players from abroad can't we just fire the refs and import the best foreign ones too.

Overall not a bad match considering the conditions, credit to Carrol who looked like someone with a point to prove and we're so  lucky to have Michael Owen who's class stands out like a beacon.

It's been well documented on here what most think about Bellamy but I'd love to see him in a B&W shirt again.

A big worry for me is the large amount of people leaving the ground seemingly pleased cos "it was a canny game to watch"

Fuck that !

We were 1-0 up and scraped a 2-2 draw. We got a point when we should have had 3. We are still very much in the shite. Can people not see the reality of our predicament ? "Canny games" are matches where we win, or maybe a draw against a top 4 side. Nowt else matters but the points at the moment.

Did anyone else notice once in the second half, the ball went out for a clear corner yet the ref indicated a goal kick. The Gallowgate went nuts and the ref changed his mind and rather sheepishly pointed for a corner. Soft shite.