Pre Match - Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - Sat 17th of Jan - 15:00pm

CaliMag

We'll get beat and anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't got the first fucking clue what they're talking about.

Number one in a series:

"The other team were fired up by Sam"

"Kaka was making his debut"

"Derbies can always go either way"

"West Brom are down there and scrapping and were at home"

"Everton are an excellent away side"

"Bolton are always hard to play against"

"Fuck - good teams"

Daily Mail think Barton could make the bench.

Bloomin' 'eck, didn't realise he was so close to coming back. Good news, I just hope (again) Guthrie stays in. Doubt it though.

Barton should make a timely come back against s********d.  :celb:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Blackburn have tightened up at the back, have santa cruz back against a defense that is shit in the air, no Martins

Only one result people

Blackburn comfortable win

First twenty minutes will decide the result, we always seem to be capable in the first twenty then lose control and panic afterwards.

If Owen is focused with spagetti coming to see him we might just scrape a draw.

I-ll be positive 2 2 draw

Jk said Barton was 2 weeks away from training on Radio Newcastle before the Hull FA cup match.

Pictures on .cock of both him and Alan Smith in training.

:lol: the JK interview was played before the match pre-recorded on Tuesday he said Barton and Smith 2 weeks away, Shola 1 week, Enrique 1 week, Beye 12 weeks, Oba 6weeks and Viduka 1 week, but he said away from training not away from being fit.

Jk said Barton was 2 weeks away from training on Radio Newcastle before the Hull FA cup match.

:lol: the JK interview was played before the match pre-recorded on Tuesday he said Barton and Smith 2 weeks away, Shola 1 week, Enrique 1 week, Beye 12 weeks, Oba 6weeks and Viduka 1 week, but he said away from training not away from being fit.

Ten years away from the PL may mean he's a bit old-school when it comes to assessing a player's fitness.

Ten years away from the PL may mean he's a bit old-school when it comes to assessing a player's fitness.

aye along with tactics and transfers :D

Guest sicko2ndbest

First twenty minutes will decide the result, we always seem to be capable in the first twenty then lose control and panic afterwards.

If Owen is focused with spagetti coming to see him we might just scrape a draw.

I-ll be positive 2 2 draw

No it won't.

When we score early we tighten up allowing the opposition forward, when we dont score early the longer the game goes on the more likely we are to again tighten up!

Judging by what we've got available (if Taylors passes fit) I'd probably go with:

Given

Edgar Taylor Colo Bassong

Duff Butt Guthrie Jonas

Owen Xisco

I know that means moving Bassong over to left back, but I'd quite honestly rather have Edgar in defence than N'Zogbia. I'd rather see Butt dropped for N'Zogbia but that's not going to happen, hence sticking Butt in my lineup.

A bit fruity....

Given

Taylor - Colo - Bassong

Jonas                                        Zog (Wing backs)

Butt Guthrie

Lua Lua                    Duff

Owen

Or drop Duff and play Xisco up top with Owen, just can't see JFK playing Xisco twice in a week cos he's as idiot

I'm starting to think that we could get something out of this game.  Given the misses Owen has had of late he is due to score in this game.  I'm also thinking about the Portsmouth away game and wondering if we could produce this performance again, it wasn't that long ago.  We did do ok against Hull, it was a lack of finishing that prevented us from stepping it up another gear. 

If we don't win this game then it will because of that amount and who we have injured.  I'm just hoping that some of young players who come in will surprise a few.  It would be nice to see Lua Lua, Carroll or Xisco get a goal today.

Given

Taylor     Colo    Bassong   N'Zogbia

Lua Lua   Butt    Guthrie    Jonas

Owen

Xisco

...is what I'd play. Jonas will give Charlie plenty of cover to make up for his defensive frailties and both have pace and guile in attack. Lua Lua looked promising against Hull and I'll be disappointed if he doesn't at least feature today. Xisco is better than Carroll imo and with an alright performance mid-week should start again. I think we'll go a goal down in the first half but come back strongly, get an equaliser and come within inches of winning it right at death, 1-1.

A bit fruity....

Given

Taylor - Colo - Bassong

Jonas                                         Zog (Wing backs)

Butt Guthrie

Lua Lua                    Duff

Owen

Or drop Duff and play Xisco up top with Owen, just can't see JFK playing Xisco twice in a week cos he's as idiot

FM08 tac ;-)

I'm starting to think that we could get something out of this game.  Given the misses Owen has had of late he is due to score in this game.  I'm also thinking about the Portsmouth away game and wondering if we could produce this performance again, it wasn't that long ago.  We did do ok against Hull, it was a lack of finishing that prevented us from stepping it up another gear. 

If we don't win this game then it will because of that amount and who we have injured.  I'm just hoping that some of young players who come in will surprise a few.  It would be nice to see Lua Lua, Carroll or Xisco get a goal today.

We had Martins in that game and IMO he's crucial to our chances in away games bbbecause he has pace. Not everyone agrees but I've yet to see us play well away from home when he's not in the team.