Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

Ashley is left with two choices give Joe a longer term deal, or sack him and try and get someone else in.

We will not be able to attract anyone much better than Joe.

Sad but ture.

or the third choice.....let his contract run out and use from now til then to find someone else.

Ashley is left with two choices give Joe a longer term deal, or sack him and try and get someone else in.

No he hasn't he can leave it as it is.

Kinnear isn't going anywhere, unless Ashley's bought the stories that JFK could be offered a job somewhere else (we couldn't be so lucky) . Like the ridiculous Sunderland link which sprang up when Keane went. Which no doubt was started by Kinnear himself.

Why the f*** is he being offered a contract now.

He's signed up to the end of the season anyway. Let's see where we are then.

Another one of Ashley's brilliant decisions.

Maybe he is making sure Man City don't poach him in the summer?

Maybe he is making sure Man City don't poach him in the summer?

Aye Kaka's insisting apparently.

Guest pont-toon

perhaps uncle Joe isnt as daft as he seems

Ashely needs a manager more than ever to protect his investment. Nobody else is interested because the future ownership is still very much uncertain.

Great time to speak to the gaffer and negotiate a better deal or threaten to quit - no lose situation

or maybe im as barking as old frothy mouth joe

We will not be able to attract anyone much better than Joe.

Sad but ture.

or the third choice.....let his contract run out and use from now til then to find someone else.

we will still  not attract anyone any better.

Doesn't really mean anything to me. If he starts doing shit, he'll get the sack. Contracts don't mean a thing in football.

At least then he's accountable and sackable, because right now, none of this is his fault in the eyes of the board, but as a contracted manager he's going to be held accountable for a lot more of his decisions and most certainly his results.

Kinnear also bemoaned the fact that his team could be the first to face Brazilian superstar Kaka if he agrees to join Manchester City.

City's home game against Newcastle on January 28 has been pencilled in as a possible debut date for the AC Milan man.

And Kinnear is bracing himself for a tough test against moneybags City.

'Manchester City could have the best team in the world when we go to play them. It's just Sod's Law how the fixtures have come up.

'It could be Kaka's first game against us. We might play Manchester City and they will have the most expensive team in the world. It's just the way things have worked out.'

This just about sums up the guy and what the future holds a pityful excuse of a defeat before we even get on the pitch with them and what sort of message does it send out to our squad  :angry:

You don't think perhaps he's been asked the same question as every other manager this week & answered it by pointing out we'll find out how good they are pretty soon?

Still any excuse to be critical eh? O0

Fair enough like, its about the context it was said it, whether he was just making an innocent comment or actually was moaning about bad luck. But like I said, the way he's gone on about the injuries, when most 1st teamers are available, you tend to think he was moaning, making excuses up already.

?

Sorry, most of the players in the starting 11 against Hull were 1st team players.

Guest The Libertine

JOE KINNEAR has been handed a two-year Newcastle contract by Mike Ashley.

It is a massive show of support from billionaire owner Ashley who is hoping to draw a line under his grievances with the Toon Army.

Ashley has been impressed by manager Kinnear, 62, since he arrived on a month-to-month deal in October in place of Kevin Keegan.

Kinnear said last night: “I know what my own future is.

“I’m just mulling over things in my head at the moment. I have been offered a very lucrative contract.”

The deal is a monumental boost for Kinnear’s confidence as Newcastle have not won in five games and were dumped out of the FA Cup by Hull in midweek.

With today’s crunch trip to Blackburn followed by even bigger clashes at Manchester City, Sunderland and West Brom, Ashley will soon find out if keeping Kinnear is a good move.

Failure to make a mark in those games will see Newcastle plunge towards a relegation nightmare.

But Kinnear insisted: “It’s very important we stick together. We can’t do anything or achieve anything without the fans’ support.

“Our next four games are all against teams below us in the table so it is a good chance for us to put a bit of distances between them and ourselves.

“Let’s hope we’re still talking like that after going to Blackburn.”

But a £5million raid for Cameroon midfielder Stephane Mbia looked doomed last night with the French club wanting at least double that.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2141454.ece

In terms of specific events, this news is worse than 'Kevin Keegan resigns'.

Whilst we were absolutely gutted, and rightfully so... we still had a decent and motivated squad of players, a competent recruitment set-up, financial stability, just some sort of credibility as a football club. We could have replaced him with someone good.

This though, Christ. This merely guarantees a lengthy spell of shitness that could actually have been avoided, believe it or not. We have actually succeeded as a football club without Kevin Keegan - as shocking a statistic as that is.

Kinnear is an utterly wank manager, and a thoroughly minging person to boot with no charisma, no charm, and i generally just feel embarrassed that he is the current pioneer of my football club.

Sickening news. Aye i might be going over the top but i don't give a fuck, i'm gutted by this, if unsurprised.

TBH I trust Hall and Shepherd as much as I trust Ashley when it comes to telling the truth - the only difference was the ambition.

I still don't understand the stick Sir John Hall gets.

I don't dislike him for what he did - more so because I don't think he was completely honest. I disliked his claim that the club would have gone bust without his intervention and I dislike the way he underplayed how much money he made out of the club despite frequently claiming otherwise.

I also found his "Geordie nation" stuff patronising (though not to the same degree as Shepherd's).

You are wrong about the club not going bust - it WOULD have gone into receivership for sure if SJH had not taken over.

The fact is that he was actually on a World Tour as part of Alan Whicker's programme when dear Douglas phoned him in Sydney to say that unless they stood surety, the Bank would foreclose, so Sir John told Douglas that the Cameron Hall directors were to put a rescue package together, and he would take over when they got back.

It is also a fact that the Bank(Barclays at the time)wanted to grab Sir John's personal Loan to the club which was made to allow KK to buy Kilcline from Coventry - crucial to the club staying up that season -

because the club owed them money ; the personal loan was NOT part of the bail-out agreement.

I do agree that he made a lot of money out of the club, but he took the risk in the first place when it could all have gone sour, and nearly did with Ossie in charge...unfortunately, that is what capitalism and investment is all about - look at our current Dear Chairman's gamble on Bradford & Bingley which went spectacularly sour and lost him 100m...that's life.

The 'Geordie Nation' thing wore thin because he didn't follow up on the Scouting and Academy schemes - mainly because KK wasn't too bothered about that side, but Sir John DID finance the Falcons, the Cobras Ice Hockey, and the Basketball team in an effort to make the club like Barca - that was never going to work because most fans are just interested in Newcastle United.

He also wanted to build the Leazes Park stadium, which would have been the best in Britain ; derailed by his having to step back from the club day-to-day due to ill-health, and lack of real pressure on the Council who allowed a bunch of nimbys to derail the project..SJH was ready to move to Gateshead if Planning Permission was denied, but too many fans were against it...

As things have turned out, we wouldn't have got near to filling it right now, so just as well....

Personally, I don't give 2 monkeys about the money he made - he DID save the club when it was needed and gave it the chance of being a top outfit...he got old and its hardly his fault if those that followed him didn't build on the platform left..

When you talk about financial greed, you can find some much better and deserving targets just now..!!!!

Giving Kinnear a 2 year contract is an admission of opt-out ; basically, Ashley is just desperate to keep the club in the Prem, even if its by the skin of its teeth, rather than invest in it and try to recruit a younger manager with long-term potential.

If you look at Kinnear's record, you can tell what sort of club(and team) NUFC will be for the next few years and its not pretty ; take into account that one day(hopefully!)Ashley will sell,and then the new owners will have all the sorting-out to do and that ALSO will take at least 2 years....

Look forward to mediocrity for the foreseeable future, AND plenty of controversy with Refs, FA etc...

In terms of specific events, this news is worse than 'Kevin Keegan resigns'.

Whilst we were absolutely gutted, and rightfully so... we still had a decent and motivated squad of players, a competent recruitment set-up, financial stability, just some sort of credibility as a football club. We could have replaced him with someone good.

This though, Christ. This merely guarantees a lengthy spell of shitness that could actually have been avoided, believe it or not. We have actually succeeded as a football club without Kevin Keegan - as shocking a statistic as that is.

Kinnear is an utterly wank manager, and a thoroughly minging person to boot with no charisma, no charm, and i generally just feel embarrassed that he is the current pioneer of my football club.

Sickening news. Aye i might be going over the top but i don't give a fuck, i'm gutted by this, if unsurprised.

Its how I feel too, makes me feel sick to be honest.

Its like watching something collapse and die right in front of you and you can't do fuck all about it...

You are wrong about the club not going bust - it WOULD have gone into receivership for sure if SJH had not taken over.

There may have been a foreclosure - though Barclays would have been mad to do it - but he actually said the club would no longer exist which is the bit that got me. All that would have happened is that we would have done exactly what Boro did - start a new club.

I agree about the ground though - I wish he had had the strength to see that through - having the head NIMBY shot would have been a good start.

I don`t see the problem. We wont be able to attract a decent manager until we are in Europe again. The club is no less of a joke than it was when nobody wanted the job before. I prefer him to Souness,Alladyce and Rodent or any of the caretakers.

Guest sicko2ndbest

JK

'I can confirm the offer is a 2 year contract worth over 4million a year. Mike Ashley tried to give me a deal for 1million a year but i said to him 'It was only a month ago that you were comparing me to Capello, and he is on 6million a year. Mike agreed'

Guest diddimz

JK

'I can confirm the offer is a 2 year contract worth over 4million a year. Mike Ashley tried to give me a deal for 1million a year but i said to him 'It was only a month ago that you were comparing me to Capello, and he is on 6million a year. Mike agreed'

Shows how little Mike knows, it doesn't matter how bad an option we look at to manage, I'm sure theres a score of managers who would jump at the chance of earning 4million a year, plus the inevitable payoff they would get.