Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

JK

'I can confirm the offer is a 2 year contract worth over 4million a year. Mike Ashley tried to give me a deal for 1million a year but i said to him 'It was only a month ago that you were comparing me to Capello, and he is on 6million a year. Mike agreed'

Shows how little Mike knows, it doesn't matter how bad an option we look at to manage, I'm sure theres a score of managers who would jump at the chance of earning 4million a year, plus the inevitable payoff they would get.

Stacks would come because most takeover clubs when they are in the shite anyway.

JK

'I can confirm the offer is a 2 year contract worth over 4million a year. Mike Ashley tried to give me a deal for 1million a year but i said to him 'It was only a month ago that you were comparing me to Capello, and he is on 6million a year. Mike agreed'

Shows how little Mike knows, it doesn't matter how bad an option we look at to manage, I'm sure theres a score of managers who would jump at the chance of earning 4million a year, plus the inevitable payoff they would get.

Stacks of mediocre managers would come, no decent manager is on the horizon. Who's to guarantee the managers who will come will get better results?

It shows Mike Ashley is not the businessman he would like everybody to think he is. For any club to have financial success they need stability first and then a good management team which obviously makes for a good playing team. This is not to be!

Joe Kinnear seems to be a decent bloke as was Glenn Roeder, the similarities are there for all to see, came in steadied the boat and avoided relegation. The mistake was made when an extension was offered and here we are again and we all know where it is heading with a sickening apathy and melancholy setting in on us whilst surreal sensations of deja vu sweep through our minds.

**vomits**

It shows Mike Ashley is not the businessman he would like everybody to think he is. For any club to have financial success they need stability first and then a good management team which obviously makes for a good playing team.

Is that not precisely what he's trying to achieve by keeping Joe on?

It shows Mike Ashley is not the businessman he would like everybody to think he is. For any club to have financial success they need stability first and then a good management team which obviously makes for a good playing team.

Lesser of 2 evils really - another managerial change or stability?

Personally I'd prefer a better appointment at the seasons end.

Lesser of 2 evils really - another managerial change or stability?

Personally I'd prefer a better appointment at the seasons end.

I would as well, not saying I completely agree with this decision.

Wouldn't be wise to keep Kinnear on next season.  Only if it is to keep the majority of fans happy, which is dam important in our case.

Oh and I have little faith in his abilities of a manager.  Although in reality I haven't got a clue how good his is.

100 million and 500k per week for kaka seems a bargin if kinnear gets 4 million a year

Sicko made that quote up, didn't he?

To all those who say no decent manager would work for us, I think you are spectacularly wrong. The Hiddinks, Mourinho's, etc evidently won't come here, but from that level to Kinnear there are hundreds of managers throughout Europe who would jump at the chance of managing a Premiership club, especially one with such obvious potential. Our recent track record could favour a new manager as well; due to bad results and not qualifying for Europe in the last few years, expectations have been lowered massively and most fans would settle for midtable combined with signs of progress and decent football out on the pitch. Just like with scouting players, Ashley and co need to research what type and profile of manager they need for this club to achieve its potential and subsequently pull out all the stops to get that man. Giving Kinnear a contract extension on the back of no more than mediocre results and displays is just taking the easy option and will massively hurt us in the long run as our stock will fall even further (Championship). Show some guts and ambition for crying out loud.

To all those who say no decent manager would work for us, I think you are spectacularly wrong. The Hiddinks, Mourinho's, etc evidently won't come here, but from that level to Kinnear there are hundreds of managers throughout Europe who would jump at the chance of managing a Premiership club, especially one with such obvious potential. Our recent track record could favour a new manager as well; due to bad results and not qualifying for Europe in the last few years, expectations have been lowered massively and most fans would settle for midtable combined with signs of progress and decent football out on the pitch. Just like with scouting players, Ashley and co need to research what type and profile of manager they need for this club to achieve its potential and subsequently pull out all the stops to get that man. Giving Kinnear a contract extension on the back of no more than mediocre results and displays is just taking the easy option and will massively hurt us in the long run as our stock will fall even further (Championship). Show some guts and ambition for crying out loud.

:clap:

Guest justin99.

wouldn't kinnear re-signing reduce the value of the club should ashley try again to sell at the end of season?

assuming an average mid-table finish, any new owners would have to pay kinnear off to bring in someone decent

Guest sicko2ndbest

100 million and 500k per week for kaka seems a bargin if kinnear gets 4 million a year

Sicko made that quote up, didn't he?

Yes i did!

Kinnear also bemoaned the fact that his team could be the first to face Brazilian superstar Kaka if he agrees to join Manchester City.

City's home game against Newcastle on January 28 has been pencilled in as a possible debut date for the AC Milan man.

And Kinnear is bracing himself for a tough test against moneybags City.

'Manchester City could have the best team in the world when we go to play them. It's just Sod's Law how the fixtures have come up.

'It could be Kaka's first game against us. We might play Manchester City and they will have the most expensive team in the world. It's just the way things have worked out.'

This just about sums up the guy and what the future holds a pityful excuse of a defeat before we even get on the pitch with them and what sort of message does it send out to our squad  :angry:

You don't think perhaps he's been asked the same question as every other manager this week & answered it by pointing out we'll find out how good they are pretty soon?

Still any excuse to be critical eh? O0

So is Kinnear ok in going out with that kind of attitude  i think it stinks of negativity and if that is ok with you fair enough but it stinks and i do not accept this attitude from our boss.So what do you think the Boss should be saying before the man city  cos the line "Man city could have the best team in the world by the time we play them" is a nonsense quote as you can throw 11 world class players together but without training together for a while doesnt make them the best team in the world and they may never be .I am not being critical on everything Kinnear says but i pick on certain things i do not agree with and this is one of them,Kinnear for me is not the man to take us forward and will have plenty more discussions about this in the future.

I don`t see the problem. We wont be able to attract a decent manager until we are in Europe again. The club is no less of a joke than it was when nobody wanted the job before. I prefer him to Souness,Alladyce and Rodent or any of the caretakers.

The problem is though that the pope has more chance of getting married then Kinnear getting us in to europe

Phil Thompson, for once, has made a very good point on Soccer Saturday.

Basically saying that players and agents will be looking at the situation here regarding his contract and that players would sign for him, knowing they might have a new manager 5 months later. By saying this he might just be doing it to get players to think there is some sort of a long-term future with him...even though in reality it might not be.

has he actually been offered a contract or is he spouting bigger sh*te than me, bearing in mind his so called transfer negotiations don't seem to be going very well  and now Geremi allegedly not knowing whats going on.

I didnt hear it but he did an interview on Talksport this morning and he confirmed it

Phil Thompson on SSN saying Kinnear may have said this to get players in- making it look like i have stability.

My hope: Kinnear is saying he'll be here for a while to attract new players to the club. If he says "I'm only here until May...then anything could happen" it's hardly the type of security a player will look for. Just a thought.

:snod:

...Shit I'm on the same level as that wanker

What the fuck is big nose on about? Kinnear's already got a contract until the end of the season.

I thought that. "This guy doesn't even know if he's going to be here next month..."

Of course he fucking does, you big nosed twat. :lol:

What the f*** is big nose on about? Kinnear's already got a contract until the end of the season.

And he reckons he deserves a new long term deal.

They talk shit, it's all about who they think is a good bloke and that. It's like they don't even see us play.