Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

I signed up for 3 years because I took the hint that prices would increase substantially - though not sure that will happen now that they realise that renewals will be down - and yes I did sign up because Keegan had rekindled my hope.

I'm cancelling next month.

If I'd have known that the plans for the club made public were a load of bollocks and actually what was going to happen was we were simply going to try and stay afloat by spending fuck all and employing Joe Kinnear long-term then yes, I'd have thought twice about committing for the next three years up front. I don't give a fuck if that makes me less of a fan or whatever. It costs a fucking fortune to go to football matches and frankly I could do with the money to spend on a house.

If we get relegated this year or next (which looks very possible the way things are going) then I certainly won't be happy about the way the club was sold to me beforehand, because I believed they were going to try and do something rather than scrape survival.

And nobody seems to be addressing where all this money has disappeared to.

dont get me wrong it was because I always have gone and have always planned to but paying 600 for a ticket that would be a lot less next year would be gutting (now I know I can cancel though) I wonder if we got relegated and they reduced the price then they would have to pass it on anyone in form of a refund like last time ???

I just think I want to see football or something like it which I have not seen for about 5 year now

I signed up for 3 years because I took the hint that prices would increase substantially - though not sure that will happen now that they realise that renewals will be down - and yes I did sign up because Keegan had rekindled my hope.

It's too late to cancel next month O0

If I'd have known that the plans for the club made public were a load of bollocks and actually what was going to happen was we were simply going to try and stay afloat by spending fuck all and employing Joe Kinnear long-term then yes, I'd have thought twice about committing for the next three years up front. I don't give a fuck if that makes me less of a fan or whatever. It costs a fucking fortune to go to football matches and frankly I could do with the money to spend on a house.

If we get relegated this year or next (which looks very possible the way things are going) then I certainly won't be happy about the way the club was sold to me beforehand, because I believed they were going to try and do something rather than scrape survival.

Comes to something when the housing market seems like a better investment :(

You misunderstand me - I'm cancelling the direct debit. I don't care about getting a renewal form in the summer as I'm not buying another ST.

Comes to something when the housing market seems like a better investment :(

Same people would probably be the sort who end up buying a house and then moaning about it when prices drop and they find themselves in negative equity. Still, on the upside the government's there to step in a give those people a nice taxpayer-funded buyout clause which means they're in a no-lose situation at the expense of those who have been financially prudent and not bought beyond their means.

You misunderstand me - I'm cancelling the direct debit. I don't care about getting a renewal form in the summer as I'm not buying another ST.

You need to cancel it this month & repay your discount then.

How long have you had a season ticket for?

I understand an investment going sour isn't really going sit well, even more so emotionally as much as financially in this case.  Suppose to me it boils down to if you think it all went tits up because that was the plan all along or if the shit cookie just crumbled that way. 

I've always liked the quote "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence." -- I just don't think we're in the situation we're in because of spite or ill will or whatever other malicious intent people go on about. 

I might do that but don't really care either way.

26 years.

Guest michaelfoster

Breaking News

JK not offered a new contract

... he just found his old one under some boxes at Shola's house

26 years.

You can't just cancel the direct debit (as I'm sure you know).

And if this is the worst you think you've seen it in 26 years you have a very short memory.

26 years.

And if this is the worst you think you've seen it in 26 years you have a very short memory.

Sunderland will be my last home game anyway - if the lad who usually takes my ticket wants to go to any more games after than he can pay the £50.

It's not the worst but its the most hopeless - also when we were shit I still enjoyed going to the games - I don't now - probably an age thing or to do with in the past no matter what kind of shitbags were running the club it still felt like my club - it doesn't now.

26 years.

Sunderland will be my last home game anyway - if the lad who usually takes my ticket wants to go to any more games after than he can pay the £50.

It's not the worst but its the most hopeless - also when we were shit I still enjoyed going to the games - I don't now - probably an age thing or to do with in the past no matter what kind of shitbags were running the club it still felt like my club - it doesn't now.

Possibly a bit harsh, but you're painting the picture that you'll not be missed  then.

Guest fading star

I realize it's extremely presumptuous of me to be making any comment about ST holders, but I have to say that it seems a bit silly to complain now that you were "conned" into buying a three-year ticket.

You really should have only made that financial commitment if you were absolutely sure that you were going to attend NUFC matches for the next three years. No matter what.

If you were only going to go if Keegan was here, or if you were only going to go if we were challenging for Europe... Well, you should've bought a one year ticket then.

I mean, even ignoring for a moment that you can actually just have your ticket refunded if you really don't want it anymore.

(That said, I do share your frustration. It's just that all this repetition is getting a bit silly.)

Again :thup:

People can get out of it if they want to, so they having nothing to complain about.

Who told you that, Nile Ranger?

26 years.

The previous owners sold up and left, that's the only reason we have "shitbags" running the club now. Let's be fair now.

Guest fading star

fading star, you can get out of the three year deal.  Why don't you do that & go and support someone else?

The problem with like supporters like you is that you have no real passion for the club.

fading star, you can get out of the three year deal.  Why don't you do that & go and support someone else?

The problem with like supporters like you is that you have no real passion for the club.

He's not the one cancelling his ST  :idiot2:

The previous owners sold up and left, that's the only reason we have "shitbags" running the club now. Let's be fair now.

Being fair, Shepherd didn't want to sell - I had no time for the Halls (or indeed FS) on a personal level but I know they wanted success. Now I always said the reason they wanted success was to make money and I saw no objection to that because everybody was still happy. Now we have an owner who just wants money.

Being fair, Shepherd didn't want to sell - I had no time for the Halls (or indeed FS) on a personal level but I know they wanted success. Now I always said the reason they wanted success was to make money and I saw no objection to that because everybody was still happy. Now we have an owner who just wants money.

Shepherd didn't have to sell.