Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

for the first half of this season i was in africa, didn't watch any matches, and rarely got news off the internet - at times i hated it, but now i miss it so much - what a fuckin circus this is.....

i hope jfk buys a couple of players, stays until summer and then fucks off!

KINNEAR MULLING OVER NEW DEAL

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has refused to commit himself to agreeing a new contract and insists he wants to create his own team.

The Magpies are two points off the relegation zone and have won just twice in the last 11 games.

The transfer window has only increased the uncertainty at St James' Park with Shay Given linked with a move, Michael Owen failing to agree a contract and 11 senior players out through injury.

Kinnear has already said he wants to build his own team and he added: "Can I bring in the players I want - and can I get rid of the players I don't want?

"I've got an offer of a two-and-a-half year contract here and I'm just mulling it over.

"I'll make that decision later. I've got the offer in writing and I'm quite happy with everything except one or two things I want to sort out."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/20/SOCCER_Newcastle.html

KINNEAR MULLING OVER NEW DEAL

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has refused to commit himself to agreeing a new contract and insists he wants to create his own team.

The Magpies are two points off the relegation zone and have won just twice in the last 11 games.

The transfer window has only increased the uncertainty at St James' Park with Shay Given linked with a move, Michael Owen failing to agree a contract and 11 senior players out through injury.

Kinnear has already said he wants to build his own team and he added: "Can I bring in the players I want - and can I get rid of the players I don't want?

"I've got an offer of a two-and-a-half year contract here and I'm just mulling it over.

"I'll make that decision later. I've got the offer in writing and I'm quite happy with everything except one or two things I want to sort out."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/20/SOCCER_Newcastle.html

Fuck sake like... I'm late on this thread as I've been busy. But I will say, if he signs this then I my avergae attendence of 9 away games per season will dramatically decreas to, maybe 2? I'm sick of getting taken the piss out of by Ashley & Co.

Kinnear: I understand Toon fans' frustration

Jan 20 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Joe Kinnear

JOE KINNEAR has revealed he fully understands the pain of the Toon Army going into one of the most crucial periods of Newcastle United’s Premier League history.

Geordie fans are still stewing over the abysmal 3-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers in which they protested vigorously against Mike Ashley and also taunted the Newcastle boss with chants of “Joe Kinnear you’re having a laugh.”

And with the team currently in their worst state ever at this stage of a season – and just two points above the drop zone with 16 games to go – anxiety is growing on Tyneside that United could be playing in the Championship next season.

For United have never been lower at this stage in a Premier League season and have never picked up so few points or victories with 23 points on the board so far and just five wins.

However, Kinnear told the Chronicle today: “The fans must vent their anger – I understand that.

“In the first half at Blackburn the fans were as good as gold.

“They were chanting, singing and enjoying themselves.

“But my hands are tied with what I can do for them.

“It was a disappointing day for everybody.

“It would be different if I had every single player at the club available to me. But I haven’t, so what else can I do but battle on.

“I have been criticised since I arrived here. But I have broad shoulders, and I know I am more than capable of keeping the club up.

“Whatever happens, if I do stay I don’t want to be in this position in 12 months time.”

Sources close to the club have suggested that the new two-year contract extension Kinnear has gone public with is in the pipeline.

And Kinnear revealed what his plans will be if he stays on Tyneside.

He said: “I need to have my own players and put my own stamp on the team.

“Providing we stay up – we will rebuild.

“It’s crying out to be rebuilt.

“That’s what is needed.

“At the moment I have to get the best out of what I’ve got because this is a patched-up team and people have been played out of position.”

Kinnear has taken some responsibility for Jose Enrique’s poor performance at Ewood Park.

He said: “I brought Jose Enrique back in and he looked well off the pace.

“He didn’t train all week but there was nobody else.

“I could drop down to the youth team but we just aren’t blessed with cover in all positions.”

You see I think there has been talk of an offer (to keep him sweet) but I have a feeling he's jumped the gun.

I think it's a bluff to try and persuade players to sign.

That is definitely part of it. To give the illusion of continuity.

i dont believe for a second that if he had an offer in writing he'd be talking about it before signing it, would have been done and dusted immediately imo

Yup. And there isn't one, he has just started laying his stall out and shooting his mouth off as he does with everything else. He won't be here in the summer.

I'll be delighted if Kinnear's just taking the piss out of them.

That's the strength of it Dave, I believe he's just chancing his arm. I know things are looking gloomy, but logic dictates that the the management team in no way see JK as a long term solution.  I've been giving this some heavy thought and I think JK has realised that right now his bargaining position is much stronger than it will be in the summer.

Guest aoliversaknob

Unfortunatley the more he speaks during this window whether its about players moving in or out, his alledged new contract, performances, the fans......etctetc, he just looks more and more like a man unable to grasp the concept that like all NUFC fans he to is being played for mug.

Guest aoliversaknob

although, to his credit he is increasingly breaking from the company line and putting the pressure/ reasons/ blame firmly on the senior management.

I'll be delighted if Kinnear's just taking the piss out of them.

That's the strength of it Dave, I believe he's just chancing his arm. I know things are looking gloomy, but logic dictates that the the management team in no way see JK as a long term solution.  I've been giving this some heavy thought and I think JK has realised that right now his bargaining position is much stronger than it will be in the summer.

I still think they'll keep him on should we stay up.

Guest Sniffer

I'd think that will severely impact season ticket sales as nobody will expect us to get better next season. Factor in the economic situation and if ashley doesn't dangle a carrot a lot more will opt for a walk up to Dunstanburgh with the missus and a couple of pints.

“But my hands are tied with what I can do for them.

“It would be different if I had every single player at the club available to me. But I haven’t, so what else can I do but battle on.

Given, Harper, Beye, Taylor, Coloccini, Bassong, Cacapa, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Guthrie, Butt, Barton, Duff, N'Zogbia, Gutierrez, Ameobi, Martins, Xisco

Given, Harper, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Cacapa, Jose Enrique, Gutierrez, Geremi, Guthrie, Butt, Barton, Duff, N'Zogbia, Martins, Ameobi, Owen, Carroll

Given, Harper, Beye, Edgar, Taylor, Cacapa, Coloccini, Bassong, Jose Enrique, N'Zogbia, Geremi, Guthrie, Gutierrez, Owen, Martins, Viduka, Carroll, Xisco

Given, Harper, Beye, Taylor, Edgar, Coloccini, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Gutierrez, Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, Lua Lua, Duff, Owen, Viduka, Xisco, Carroll

Get to fuck Kinnear. Having your 'hands tied' means nowt. It just means we lost by more goals than we would have done if you had best eleven available like you did on these occassions. The players aren't the problem, pal.

EDIT: Might breaching the rules here. Ah well. Deleted the scores just incase... my point is you still did shit Kinnear, even with the quality of players you had at your disposal.

Does anyone really think there's an iota of chance that Joe Kinnear is still going to be manager in July 2011?  How come we have to be so painstakingly frugal in the transfer market but are quite willing to line ourselves up a nigh-on certain severance payout?

Guest justin99.

Does anyone really think there's an iota of chance that Joe Kinnear is still going to be manager in July 2011?  How come we have to be so painstakingly frugal in the transfer market but are quite willing to line ourselves up a nigh-on certain severance payout?

the club's run be idiots; simple as that

the club's run be idiots; simple as that

I think its more of a chance of it is being ran the way they want it to.  With "structure" they are comfortable working in, they must think their fortunes are bound to change.

I hope for our sake, not happy with the appointment one bit (if true).

"My hands are tied theres nothing more I can do for them"

What a bloody cop out, how weak is that? Only about THREE OF THE PLAYERS would be in the first eleven man!!! Why not have standards? Why not see it as a challenge to get the best out of the side who are down at the moment, build up confidence, show some faith in the likes of LuaLua, at least give him some confidence the media?

"I cant do anything", well leave now then mate! If having injuries to 3 first team players, paralizes you from doing your job then might aswell quit then, because having 3 first team players injured is part of football!