Falling apart - latest from True Faith

Tooj

Guest aoliversaknob

We've been flirting with relegation for the last four seasons. I'm concerned, but I don't feel any more worried than I have been in the past. However, the amount of hand-wringing and anger that I see on this site seems to be much greater than previously, for some reason.

The situation isn't great, but we still seem to be going through this extended hangover from the Keegan walkout. I do worry that we're going to talk ourselves into a crisis.

Talk ourlselves in to a crisis ?open yer fooking eyes man, we have Joe kinnear as manager and Denis wise in charge of bringing payers to the club. That sure looks like a crisis to me!

We've been flirting with relegation for the last four seasons. I'm concerned, but I don't feel any more worried than I have been in the past. However, the amount of hand-wringing and anger that I see on this site seems to be much greater than previously, for some reason.

The situation isn't great, but we still seem to be going through this extended hangover from the Keegan walkout. I do worry that we're going to talk ourselves into a crisis.

Talk ourlselves in to a crisis ?open yer fooking eyes man, we have Joe kinnear as manager and Denis wise in charge of bringing payers to the club. That sure looks like a crisis to me!

Dennis Wises signings haven't been all that bad tbf. He has done his job in my eyes. The worst thing is he is an arrogant cockney shit and that's why everyone is so against him. It's Ashleys doing really, not Wises. The only difference with Keegan in charge was the fact we had confidence and stability, without the stability we have lacked confidence. Joe Kinnear is trying his best with the players he acquire dbut he has a team not a squad. If I am totally honest I doubt we would have been in a much better position if Keegan were in charge and if he did have the same amount of money as Wise appeared to get to spend.

Xisco and a loan deal for Gonzalez are the only two who didn't go quite right, one through injury and the other has barely had a chance. Bassong, Guthrie and Jonas have all been good additions, as has Coloccini.

Guest aoliversaknob

You miss my point -

If you were a half decent player looking for a move this transfer window would you look at JK as a manager who will develop your skills / be a manager who would inspire and improve you as a player, bring you success?

Or do you think D Wise has the personality, negotiating skills and ability to persuade players to join the new nufc regime with its exciting upward trajectory for Newcastle United.

Thats why we are in a crisis - fooking hell man we couldnt even get anybody decent wanting to manage us a couple of months ago, why on earth do you think players of the right physicality, mental strength and skill level would want to come play for us?

You miss my point -

If you were a half decent player looking for a move this transfer window would you look at JK as a manager who will develop your skills / be a manager who would inspire and improve you as a player, bring you success?

Or do you think D Wise has the personality, negotiating skills and ability to persuade players to join the new nufc regime with its exciting upward trajectory for Newcastle United.

Thats why we are in a crisis - fooking hell man we couldnt even get anybody decent wanting to manage us a couple of months ago, why on earth do you think players of the right physicality, mental strength and skill level would want to come play for us?

I agree no-one int he right mind shoudl want to come to us, but I think Kinnear and Wise are just doing the jobs to the best of their ability, the problem lies both at the very top and the very bottom of the club, not in the middle.

11 years gap on the CV? He's lucky he got offered the job the second time, pity he didnt value the opportunity that highly, we'd be lying above 6th today.

Whats the point of discussion with you, you cant see the blindingly obvious.. if he failed with players he didnt want he would be held responsible.  He was lied to - was told it would get better 'judge me after deadline day'.

Didn't even want to sell Milner.. and his replacement? If the club was well run we would have a permanent manager within 2 weeks of him leaving!  Gus Poyet right?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,29304.msg1658992.html#msg1658992

Guest aoliversaknob

You miss my point -

I agree no-one int he right mind shoudl want to come to us, but I think Kinnear and Wise are just doing the jobs to the best of their ability, the problem lies both at the very top and the very bottom of the club, not in the middle.

As with any organisation the responsibility is always at the very top to ensure the correct level of person is employed to carry out the management responsiblites, and to that way of thinking you are absolutlry correct. However it seems to me that Ashleys is looking to D Wise for all the footballing descions and it is he who does not have the skills or credibilty to forfill his role as DOF. Hence the main reason why we have the inept JK and the inept DW at the club is Ashley. 

Muppets at every managerial level hence the crisis we are in.

Fair point but as for backing KK with funds, I would never have done that.

aye nixon, who would want a 1st 3rd 6th 2nd, or 2nd, league finish these days, its s*** isnt it.

How long ago was that?

why , does it preceed you jumping on the toon bandwagon?

Mate the reason I say that is because by his own admission he'd not seen a game for 3 years, you think its wise to give someone like that millions of pounds? Come on man, be  sensible.

he had been out of the game 8 years in 1992,

the bloke was european footballer of the year twice, his record of buys was excellent, England capatain, liverpool captain,newcastle captain, league champion, european champion,,... you dont forget in three years man, be sensible.

my point is, he has an eye for a player, he dosent lose this in 3 years, open your eyes, see what is happening without him.

Has an eye for a player? Not recently (if ever unless spending big on obvious names).

His record for buying players at Man City was absolutely toss.

Anelka was his main signing there iirc, and he scored a large number of goals for them. Also, he did progress with them, as he got them up and stabilised in the prem.

Fair point but as for backing KK with funds, I would never have done that.

aye nixon, who would want a 1st 3rd 6th 2nd, or 2nd, league finish these days, its s*** isnt it.

How long ago was that?

why , does it preceed you jumping on the toon bandwagon?

Mate the reason I say that is because by his own admission he'd not seen a game for 3 years, you think its wise to give someone like that millions of pounds? Come on man, be  sensible.

No, he hadn't been to a game of football for three years, not having seen one for three years. As a wannabe journalist I wouldn't expect you to post incorrect facts now.

:lol:

Guest taff2727

this will probably go down like a lead balloon but I don't have much time for True Faith, they have been moaning like hell about everything for what seems like years and just seem like someone else who say they want a good board but didn't realise when we had one.

And also the impression I get that they think they know best all the time, when they don't.

Said this before but the Mag beats it hands down

totally agree.

Ashley has till the end of this month to prove that article wrong. While comparisons have been made to the McKeag era, I don't think it's accurate - yet. We are the fifth biggest wage payers in the premiership and our position isn't reflected by that so obviously changes have to be made.

Supposedly Ashley is going to make a statement when the transfer window closes, and there's still time to do business if he is going to put the situation right. There is still a basis of a decent team which if we can make a few additions in the right areas could became a decent squad.

If signings aren't through the door by Jan 31st then we can safely assume not only is Ashley a tight-fisted cunt but also a complete idiot because we could easily go down.

Ashley has till the end of this month to prove that article wrong. While comparisons have been made to the McKeag era, I don't think it's accurate - yet. We are the fifth biggest wage payers in the premiership and our position isn't reflected by that so obviously changes have to be made.

Supposedly Ashley is going to make a statement when the transfer window closes, and there's still time to do business if he is going to put the situation right. There is still a basis of a decent team which if we can make a few additions in the right areas could became a decent squad.

If signings aren't through the door by Jan 31st then we can safely assume not only is Ashley a tight-fisted c*** but also a complete idiot because we could easily go down.

It's not guaranteed they will talk. they have only deterred any possible interviews until after the window. 

You miss my point -

As with any organisation the responsibility is always at the very top to ensure the correct level of person is employed to carry out the management responsiblites, and to that way of thinking you are absolutlry correct. However it seems to me that Ashleys is looking to D Wise for all the footballing descions and it is he who does not have the skills or credibilty to forfill his role as DOF. Hence the main reason why we have the inept JK and the inept DW at the club is Ashley.  

Dennis Wise's recruits - Bassong, Guthrie, Coloccini and Jonas - seem to be doing pretty well. The weak links are those who have been recruited by previous managers for double the price. Wise's only crime seems to be that he fell out with Keegan.

We have Kinnear as manager because Keegan walked out, Ashley decided that he had to sell up in order to pacify the fans, and Kinnear was the only one who would take the job on such a temporary basis. The situation is far more complex than you're making out.

There are several teams in the danger zone, and while I imagine they're all worried, I just wonder whether there's quite the same level of hysteria among their respective fans. The True Faith article is just self-indulgent negativity, lashing out at various targets, with no constructive ideas. You'd have thought we were bottom of the league with 9 points the way it goes on.

Usual sense there from Bob.

With True Faith, they are usually either wildly positive or crushingly negative. To be honest i stopped buying it a few years back because its full of shite.

For a magazine named True Faith it doesn't show much backing towards anything like.

The magazine is called 'True Faith' not 'Blind Faith'.

I appreciate what you're saying, but people are being far too pessimistic about the realistic issue that we are in and the bit of optimism I have (and many others may have) is the only thing keeping our 'support' supportive.

For a magazine named True Faith it doesn't show much backing towards anything like.

I appreciate what you're saying, but people are being far too pessimistic about the realistic issue that we are in and the bit of optimism I have (and many others may have) is the only thing keeping our 'support' supportive.

I'm hoping come the Sunderland game the atmosphere is going to be that sort of defiant magic we've seen a few times (I'm mostly remembering games against Arsenal, for some reason) from the crowd. One of those games where everyone forgets the shite around the club and focuses everything they have on what it's all about at the end of the day: the football. Obviously everyone is royally fucked off with how things are going and how things have been, but if we can get some venom and direct it towards the Mackems and really get the players in black and white brimming it could be a magical occasion. Might define the season, so I'm praying we don't buckle.

If things go badly against them and we haven't made any waves in the market then I'm absolutely dreading the repercussions.

I'm hoping come the Sunderland game the atmosphere is going to be that sort of defiant magic we've seen a few times (I'm mostly remembering games against Arsenal, for some reason) from the crowd. One of those games where everyone forgets the s**** around the club and focuses everything they have on what it's all about at the end of the day: the football. Obviously everyone is royally f***ed off with how things are going and how things have been, but if we can get some venom and direct it towards the Mackems and really get the players in black and white brimming it could be a magical occasion. Might define the season, so I'm praying we don't buckle.

If things go badly against them and we haven't made any waves in the market then I'm absolutely dreading the repercussions.

Exactly, If we were to get beat and we hadn;t signed anyone imagine the embarassing displays that would occur outside The Milburn Stand and how much satisfaction it would give he SMB's!!

We cannot afford to crumble, because if we do we'll go down, we need that defiance that you're talking about and Iam sure we have it in us, but the more pessimism that there is the more likely we are to achieve failure rather than success

You miss my point -

Dennis Wise's recruits - Bassong, Guthrie, Coloccini and Jonas - seem to be doing pretty well. The weak links are those who have been recruited by previous managers for double the price. Wise's only crime seems to be that he fell out with Keegan.

We have Kinnear as manager because Keegan walked out, Ashley decided that he had to sell up in order to pacify the fans, and Kinnear was the only one who would take the job on such a temporary basis. The situation is far more complex than you're making out.

There are several teams in the danger zone, and while I imagine they're all worried, I just wonder whether there's quite the same level of hysteria among their respective fans. The True Faith article is just self-indulgent negativity, lashing out at various targets, with no constructive ideas. You'd have thought we were bottom of the league with 9 points the way it goes on.

"pretty well" ? What do you mean, what sort of standards do you mean when you say "pretty well" ? Do you think that the likes of Liverpool would settle for someone who did "pretty well" ? Do you think Keegan would be happy with someone doing "pretty well"

Not good enough is what I would call it. And money, for the 3rd biggest supported club in the country [for the past 16 years anyway] doesn't come into it, when assessing the transfer fees etc as the only thing that matters is the quality of the players.

And to THAT degree, Colocinni - despite my admittedly enthusiastic response at first - I think now doesn't have the physical strenth or bottle to be a top defender in the premiership, and Guthrie is a bottom 6 player. You also forget to mention Xisco.

The club is in the worst predicament that it has been in for many, many years, and the reason for that is down to the quality of players brought in, and putting that against those who have left, it may be about to get a lot worse.

Usual sense there from Bob.

With True Faith, they are usually either wildly positive or crushingly negative. To be honest i stopped buying it a few years back because its full of shite.

I agree with you about the merits of True Faith anyway.

The club is in the worst predicament that it has been in for many, many years, and the reason for that is down to the quality of players brought in, and putting that against those who have left, it may be about to get a lot worse.

Disagree with this slightly.

This might be the season I have feared relegation the most since we were promoted in 1993, moreso than last season, and regardless of what happens I don't think that will change until May. So the first team may be in the worst predicament for many a year.

BUT ... as a CLUB there are a lot of things in the background which have improved. I think it's generally acknowledged that for the first time perhaps ever we have a decent Academy set up, and a proper youth recruitment policy. We have no bank debt, which is a massive positive in the current banking market.

Relegation this year would be a disaster, but if the unthinkable does happen, we are better placed to handle it than if it had happened a couple of years ago.

This might be the season I have feared relegation the most since we were promoted in 1993, moreso than last season, and regardless of what happens I don't think that will change until May. So the first team may be in the worst predicament for many a year.

BUT ... as a CLUB there are a lot of things in the background which have improved. I think it's generally acknowledged that for the first time perhaps ever we have a decent Academy set up do we? , and a proper youth recruitment policy. We have no bank debt and you know this for sure, if we havent why the recluctance to spend any money or even the money of the sale of milner?, which is a massive positive in the current banking market.

Relegation this year would be a disaster, but if the unthinkable does happen, we are better placed to handle it than if it had happened a couple of years ago.

BUT ... as a CLUB there are a lot of things in the background which have improved. I think it's generally acknowledged that for the first time perhaps ever we have a decent Academy set up, and a proper youth recruitment policy. We have no bank debt, which is a massive positive in the current banking market.

This sort of thinking shouldn't even be entertained by fans of a club with the stature of Newcastle. I don't have an issue with the players signed so far, there are always going to be good signings and bad signings. It would be unforgiveable though, if the squad shortcomings weren't addressed in this transfer window, nothing would send a clearer message that we are willing to play russian roulette with our Premiership survival.