Falling apart - latest from True Faith

Tooj

Agree with about 50% of it. Mainly that if Kinnear stays were fucked. A few things we need to consider:

Firstly these class players (Given and Owen) have not left - Milner is very debateable

Secondly these second rate players (Lovenkrands) have not joined

We have added Colo, Jonas and Bassong, along with Gutherie to the squad, therefore overall we have to say the squad quality has improved.

The investment in Youth has and is taking place.

We have stopped shola leaving on a free

The rest of the article pretty much sums up how im feeling, and explains why i nearly smashed the house up Sunday morning when i pulled out the sport section of NOTW to see fat bastard sam grinning mug all over it...

Which areas do you feel have improved?

Central defence looked a bit better for a short while but other than that I can't think of any.

I think our defence had improved a lot until the injuries.  Even now, with some nasty injury problems we're a better team then the one that lost 5 games in a row under Houghton.  Is that impressive?, not particularly.  But that doesn't change the fact that TF seem to have forgotten how utterly hopeless we were under Houghton, we lost to the Spuds for fuck sake!

Fair point but as for backing KK with funds, I would never have done that.

aye nixon, who would want a 1st 3rd 6th 2nd, or 2nd, league finish these days, its s*** isnt it.

How long ago was that?

If you can spot talent then, you can spot talent now imo

aye nixon, who would want a 1st 3rd 6th 2nd, or 2nd, league finish these days, its shit isnt it.

How long ago was that?

why , does it preceed you jumping on the toon bandwagon?

Guest Heneage

aye nixon, who would want a 1st 3rd 6th 2nd, or 2nd, league finish these days, its s*** isnt it.

How long ago was that?

Mate the reason I say that is because by his own admission he'd not seen a game for 3 years, you think its wise to give someone like that millions of pounds? Come on man, be  sensible.

How long ago was that?

Mate the reason I say that is because by his own admission he'd not seen a game for 3 years, you think its wise to give someone like that millions of pounds? Come on man, be  sensible.

he had been out of the game 8 years in 1992,

the bloke was european footballer of the year twice, his record of buys was excellent, England capatain, liverpool captain,newcastle captain, league champion, european champion,,... you dont forget in three years man, be sensible.

my point is, he has an eye for a player, he dosent lose this in 3 years, open your eyes, see what is happening without him.

Guest Heneage

How long ago was that?

he had been out of the game 8 years in 1992,

the bloke was european footballer of the year twice, his record of buys was excellent, England capatain, liverpool captain,newcastle captain, league champion, european champion,,... you dont forget in three years man, be sensible.

my point is, he has an eye for a player, he dosent lose this in 3 years, open your eyes, see what is happening without him.

There's a difference to "Being out the game" and not watching Football. Open your eyes man we can't afford to take chances  the amount of money we have wasted over the years, had he sat and watched tapes and games live and built a list there's not gurantee that would bring good players. For some reason people on here seem to find it impossible to admit that someone knew more about players than King Kev.

11 years gap on the CV? He's lucky he got offered the job the second time, pity he didnt value the opportunity that highly, we'd be lying above 6th today.

Whats the point of discussion with you, you cant see the blindingly obvious.. if he failed with players he didnt want he would be held responsible.  He was lied to - was told it would get better 'judge me after deadline day'.

Didn't even want to sell Milner.. and his replacement? If the club was well run we would have a permanent manager within 2 weeks of him leaving!  Gus Poyet right?

We've been flirting with relegation for the last four seasons. I'm concerned, but I don't feel any more worried than I have been in the past. However, the amount of hand-wringing and anger that I see on this site seems to be much greater than previously, for some reason.

The situation isn't great, but we still seem to be going through this extended hangover from the Keegan walkout. I do worry that we're going to talk ourselves into a crisis.

We've been flirting with relegation for the last four seasons. I'm concerned, but I don't feel any more worried than I have been in the past. However, the amount of hand-wringing and anger that I see on this site seems to be much greater than previously, for some reason.

The situation isn't great, but we still seem to be going through this extended hangover from the Keegan walkout. I do worry that we're going to talk ourselves into a crisis.

Make no mistake, this is worse and more dangerous than the last four seasons.

Make no mistake, this is worse and more dangerous than the last four seasons.

True. There is not even one club that looks like a totally nailed on relegation candidate this season

Guest black n white

I agree with everything the tf bunker has said,,,,,,,,,,,,i wish it was feb now so we know where we stand with mike ashley

ot....does anybody know when the Northern Rock sponsorship deal ends

Which areas do you feel have improved?

Central defence looked a bit better for a short while but other than that I can't think of any.

I think our defence had improved a lot until the injuries.  Even now, with some nasty injury problems we're a better team then the one that lost 5 games in a row under Houghton.  Is that impressive?, not particularly.  But that doesn't change the fact that TF seem to have forgotten how utterly hopeless we were under Houghton, we lost to the Spuds for fuck sake!

We'd got 5 clean sheets in Keegan's last eight (i think, might be nine, possibly ten but i don't think so) competetive games. Comparing oneself to Hughton is hardly worth doing.

We've improved nowt under Kinnear, nowt.

How long ago was that?

I thought it was he hadn't seen a live game for 3 years?