Falling apart - latest from True Faith

Tooj

I agree with everything the tf bunker has said,,,,,,,,,,,,i wish it was feb now so we know where we stand with mike ashley

ot....does anybody know when the Northern Rock sponsorship deal ends

Our next sponsor will be Sports Direct on an Umbro shirt after Adidas ditch us.

Fair point but as for backing KK with funds, I would never have done that.

aye nixon, who would want a 1st 3rd 6th 2nd, or 2nd, league finish these days, its s*** isnt it.

How long ago was that?

why , does it preceed you jumping on the toon bandwagon?

Mate the reason I say that is because by his own admission he'd not seen a game for 3 years, you think its wise to give someone like that millions of pounds? Come on man, be  sensible.

he had been out of the game 8 years in 1992,

the bloke was european footballer of the year twice, his record of buys was excellent, England capatain, liverpool captain,newcastle captain, league champion, european champion,,... you dont forget in three years man, be sensible.

my point is, he has an eye for a player, he dosent lose this in 3 years, open your eyes, see what is happening without him.

Has an eye for a player? Not recently (if ever unless spending big on obvious names).

His record for buying players at Man City was absolutely toss.

aye nixon, who would want a 1st 3rd 6th 2nd, or 2nd, league finish these days, its s*** isnt it.

How long ago was that?

Mate the reason I say that is because by his own admission he'd not seen a game for 3 years, you think its wise to give someone like that millions of pounds? Come on man, be  sensible.

the bloke was european footballer of the year twice, his record of buys was excellent, England capatain, liverpool captain,newcastle captain, league champion, european champion,,... you dont forget in three years man, be sensible.

my point is, he has an eye for a player, he dosent lose this in 3 years, open your eyes, see what is happening without him.

Has an eye for a player? Not recently. His record for buying players at Man City was absolutely toss.

so man city would have preffered not to get promoted by him, cos he bought shit players, and they would rather be in a lower division, with someone buying better players,. ..lolol

How long ago was that?

Has an eye for a player? Not recently. His record for buying players at Man City was absolutely toss.

so man city would have preffered not to get promoted by him, cos he bought shit players, and they would rather be in a lower division, with someone buying better players,. ..lolol

Lolol?  ???

Why are you changing your arguement? His record in terms of spending there was laughable and they were simply not progressing.

If anything all you are doing is making the case for the people you are arguing with. I'm sure Man city fans were grateful for what he did in terms of getting them up but that doesn't absolve him of criticism, just as many Newcastle supporters can look back at his past with fondness but were wary of his return, and do not see him as automatically blameless in in the events leading to our current plight.

How long ago was that?

Lolol?  ???

Why are you changing your arguement? His record in terms of spending there was laughable and they were simply not progressing.

If anything all you are doing is making the case for the people you are arguing with. I'm sure Man city fans were grateful for what he did in terms of getting them up but that doesn't absolve him of criticism, just as many Newcastle supporters can look back at his past with fondness but were wary of his return, and do not see him as automatically blameless in in the events leading to our current plight.

well bottle dog, stick around, you may soon find out what its like to get promoted and still criticise the manager....if were lucky.

How long ago was that?

so man city would have preffered not to get promoted by him, cos he bought s*** players, and they would rather be in a lower division, with someone buying better players,. ..lolol

Lolol?  ???

Ok then show me what he spent for man city.

I think he was only there 3 seasons.  Not progressing, surely staying in the prem was way better then being a yo yo club.

How long ago was that?

Lolol?  ???

well bottle dog, stick around, you may soon find out what its like to get promoted and still criticise the manager....if were lucky.

I have no idea how old you are and have no interest in it, but you are going down an idiotic path if you are insinuating i was not around well before Keegans first stint of managing the club.

For a magazine named True Faith it doesn't show much backing towards anything like.

It all sounds a bit knee-jerk, and almost exaggerates everything.

Our defense or attack for that matter wouldn't be all that bad if we had a midfield, we have a number of players out too. When we have a fully fit squad we have a decent team, but our squad is paper thin so one or two injuries and we are f***ed. What we need is 2 or 3 quality midfielders and cover at left and right back.

If Kinnear has set out for a solid CM then he obviously knows where we are weakest. Don't get me wrong JFK is far from the answer and aye his tactics can be absurd, but we aren't in half as bad a situation as you would think reading that...not yet anyways.

If there was ever a time the players needed us then the time is now, because you can guarentee if we are in this situation leading into the end of the season then everyone arond us will be pulling together 110% fans and players...we need to form that bond beore it't too late and we go down!

I just don't see how they have all this evidence -- none of which they are willing to disclose -- which pretty much nails Dennis Wise's role at the club and in our recent demise, and gives them a right to have such a pop at him alone.

Blame the system, not just pegs in it.

Guest northwestmag1892

Why not take this to PM as it was a review of the True Faith brilliant article rather than a debate on KK...

Agree with nearly everything there. It will be luck if we stay up this season and like they say, it's just delaying the inevitable unless everything changes. I think JK should be commended for what he has tried to do so far though, he may be shite but I do feel he is trying his best and given the current situation not many managers would be able to get any sort of motivation from this squad.

Everything is set-up so badly at the moment, for example Owen being captain. He obviously doesn't give a flying fuck about the club, never has imo. I don't see an actual leader in our team apart from Shay but even he is so disheartened I can't imagine him being any use in this situation. The good foreign boys we have will be off soon too leaving us with Butt, Smith, Taylor etc and a bunch of untried youngsters who have no-one to guide them forward in their already doomed careers.

How long ago was that?

so man city would have preffered not to get promoted by him, cos he bought s*** players, and they would rather be in a lower division, with someone buying better players,. ..lolol

Lolol?  ???

Ok then show me what he spent for man city.

I think he was only there 3 seasons.  Not progressing, surely staying in the prem was way better then being a yo yo club.

Covered his spending in this post to a degree. -> http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58540.msg1606066.html#msg1606066

I love what Keegan has done for the club, and it kills me that it has ended in the way it has, but not everyone was jumping for joy when he returned a year ago and rightly so. Asley was playing with fire bringing him back.

this will probably go down like a lead balloon but I don't have much time for True Faith, they have been moaning like hell about everything for what seems like years and just seem like someone else who say they want a good board but didn't realise when we had one.

And also the impression I get that they think they know best all the time, when they don't.

Said this before but the Mag beats it hands down

Agree with nearly everything there. It will be luck if we stay up this season and like they say, it's just delaying the inevitable unless everything changes. I think JK should be commended for what he has tried to do so far though, he may be shite but I do feel he is trying his best and given the current situation not many managers would be able to get any sort of motivation from this squad.

Everything is set-up so badly at the moment, for example Owen being captain. He obviously doesn't give a flying fuck about the club, never has imo. I don't see an actual leader in our team apart from Shay but even he is so disheartened I can't imagine him being any use in this situation. The good foreign boys we have will be off soon too leaving us with Butt, Smith, Taylor etc and a bunch of untried youngsters who have no-one to guide them forward in their already doomed careers.

lots of doom and gloom but sadly I agree with pretty much all of this.

The TF article sums up most of what I have said about the club in the Blackburn match thread - I agree with almost everything they have written, and anyone who can't see that this article sums up the plight in which the club finds itself is living in La-La land.

Although I think highly of Owen's skills, I WOULDN'T have made him skipper - but then, there is NO obvious

candidate anywhere in the side, and I didn't rate Allardyce's choice of Geremi either..

Perhaps that is one of the main on-field problems ; there is NO inspirational figure who can pull the players together and create a team spirit...as for those wanting Barton to get it, well, how much respect would YOU have for this guy ??

The team is possibly the most dysfunctional unit in the Prem, with characters like Zog(the sulk),Barton(the thug)as against professionals like Beye, Owen & Given who must view the whole pantomime with contempt and their discontent transmits itself to other players...the 2 Argies are in their first Prem seasons and must wonder what they have got into...the players all know that Kinnear is there because nobody of any status will take the job, so how much faith do you think they have in him OR the Board !???

On top of that, the manager makes the club look even more ridiculous by his spaced-out comments on both games and referees - this also puts the club at a disadvantage in future games as refs will undoubtedly talk to each other about his attitude and foul-mouthed outbursts...its one thing to do that sometimes if you are Fergie and manage Man U, a completely different scenario if you are Kinnear managing a football circus like NUFC...

Having said all that, at least Kinnear stood up to the plate when no-one else would, but that tells you more about how NUFC are viewed in the game than Kinnear's courage - he was out of work,61 and offered the chance to manage a large Prem club for a FEW months - what would you have done in that situation?

The main problem starts, as ever, at the top - the Owner, 'Chairman' - I use the term in it loosest sense -

the DOF(again, in the loosest sense..)all fail to inspire confidence from either their employees or customers(the fans), and have given the media - always looking for an excuse to run the club down - plenty of ammunition to assist the demolition.

This is basically what True Faith are saying - indeed, it is what MOST fans are saying - and they are almost totally correct. If anyone had told fans 10 years ago that Kinnear would be managing the club because no-one else would do it, or that the club looked a cert for relegation, the fans would have laughed in their faces - just shows how it takes a special talent to ruin a club of Newcastle's potential....

Good article.

And if some supporters think that promotion is a formality - all the while Ashley & Wise continue to adhere to an unbalanced strategy of building a low-cost first team squad, centered around acquiring cheap/basement prospect signings - next year in the event of us going down they'll be mistaken. That idea, or so-called formality, bit McKeag on the arse prior to prior to The Halls and Co stepping up to the plate.

I agree with True Faith's assessment. If we fall this season, there is a possibility of things getting worse.

Thinking back, I think the quality of the editorials and articles in fanzines rises when the quality on/off the pitch falls.

The Mag was at its best when we were at our lowest; KD's second season, Gullit and Souness onwards.

KK (1st time and start of 2nd) and SBR made it too easy for them. Comfort zone and aal that.

How long ago was that?

No, he hadn't been to a game of football for three years, not having seen one for three years. As a wannabe journalist I wouldn't expect you to post incorrect facts now.