The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

i prefer,

Newcastle - promoted , and finished 1, 3 , 6, 2, 2,...won 55% of games

City- promoted , and established in the prem.

England - name a manager that has won anything in 40 years

Fulham- promoted, established in prem, left for england.

he didnt take us to second twice, he didnt take fulham to the prem, let alone establish them there.

He was here at the start of the 2nd place in question,

what division are Fulham in?

he was here at the start of this season too  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

He had his team in 97  :pow:  ....and he was here longer then.

he actually was allowed to buy and sell players then, instead of denis wise,.. it took us to second, unlike this arrangement, that got us relegated.

:lol: Isn't that what I just said, but in more words?

yep, iwas siding with you against the lib.

point scoring again?

3 emotes usually conveys sarcasm btw.

By which way?

Dont want Keegan back here after what he has done to us .

What did he do to us exactly?

I'll think you'll find he had our best interests at heart going by the events since he left.  And I bet he has been gagged by the del boy who owns us.

He left us in the s*** at the start of the season and we never recovered and i cannot forgive him for that and its been churned up so many times he should never have came back ,How many times has he jumped ship ?  if he wasnt so spineless he should have insisted on Wise leaving before him ,this argument will go on and on but imho let him go cos self interest is his motivation and we need to start a fresh as i said why oh why go back to him because we all know it will end in tears as history tells us this,how many managers have acted like a spoilt brat like him through there managerial careers .

That is actually one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum.

Come on then smart arse tell us your perception of the Keegan affair instead of being a prick and slagging me off ,its all about opinions and i have just stated mine and i dont really give a flying fuck what you think but thats how i feel after having watched him play for us and first time managing then to the mess we are in now and it is my honest belief if he had fought his corner we would not be having this conversation but argueing with you seems a waste of time though i will make an exception if you wish .

The point was he did try and fight his corner publicly too after the Chelsea game at the end of last season. Only for him to get a slap on the wrists in London of all places.

I'll think you'll find he had our best interests at heart going by the events since he left.  And I bet he has been gagged by the del boy who owns us.

He left us in the s*** at the start of the season and we never recovered and i cannot forgive him for that and its been churned up so many times he should never have came back ,How many times has he jumped ship ?  if he wasnt so spineless he should have insisted on Wise leaving before him ,this argument will go on and on but imho let him go cos self interest is his motivation and we need to start a fresh as i said why oh why go back to him because we all know it will end in tears as history tells us this,how many managers have acted like a spoilt brat like him through there managerial careers .

Come on then smart arse tell us your perception of the Keegan affair instead of being a prick and slagging me off ,its all about opinions and i have just stated mine and i dont really give a flying f*** what you think but thats how i feel after having watched him play for us and first time managing then to the mess we are in now and it is my honest belief if he had fought his corner we would not be having this conversation but argueing with you seems a waste of time though i will make an exception if you wish .

The point was he did try and fight his corner publicly too after the Chelsea game at the end of last season. Only for him to get a slap on the wrists in London of all places.

was that when he said it would take more money than we could have to challange the top four ?

Guest BooBoo

Come on then smart arse tell us your perception of the Keegan affair instead of being a prick and slagging me off ,its all about opinions and i have just stated mine and i dont really give a flying f*** what you think but thats how i feel after having watched him play for us and first time managing then to the mess we are in now and it is my honest belief if he had fought his corner we would not be having this conversation but argueing with you seems a waste of time though i will make an exception if you wish .

was that when he said it would take more money than we could have to challange the top four ?

I always thought that was extremely odd, the way KK came out with such a negative spin on things. The old KK would have been all "we might not be able to match the likes of Chelsea in spending but we hope to really improve this team so that next year we're that little bit closer."

When he came out with his comments after that game, i knew that the Third Coming was not going to last long.

I always thought that was extremely odd, the way KK came out with such a negative spin on things. The old KK would have been all "we might not be able to match the likes of Chelsea in spending but we hope to really improve this team so that next year we're that little bit closer."

When he came out with his comments after that game, i knew that the Third Coming was not going to last long.

Keegan came back a different person imho a pale imitation of his former self and thats why i have been so angry with him as i think he was not in it for the long term with us at heart but to sort his money problems out and he realised he  wasnt up to the fight ,ffs not having watched a game for 3 years .

ok Tooj your turn :rolleyes:

Keegan was statistically(,,,,,) the worst england manager.

Keegan - P-18 W-7 L-7 D-4 W%-38.89%

McClaren - P-18 W-9 L-4 D-5 W%-50%

(THIS IS A TONGUE IN CHEEK COMMENT)

McClaren also won something with a club.

And he had the honesty and integrity to realise that so he walked away  :thup:

Keegan's usual response to a problem was to go to the Chairman and demand more money for new players. Obviously not an option with England, so he left early.

The rest of the country has seen through this bloke a long time ago. Eventually, we'll catch up.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/may2009/0/7/seal-clubbing-image-2-224556181.jpg

Libertine attacking KK again

There might not be many good arguements defending him in this thread, but he's not quite so unarmed and vunerable as that little fella. 

Heck, while our future lies on a knife edge, he continues to demand one tenth of our clubs supposed worth in compensation. Thanks for that. O0

Heck, while our future lies on a knife edge, he continues to demand one tenth of our clubs supposed worth in compensation. Thanks for that. O0

Any compensation that Keegan gets will ultimately come out of Ashley's pocket, so what's your problem???

Any compensation that Keegan gets will ultimately come out of Ashley's pocket, so what's your problem???

hows that. any case for wrongful dismissal will come against nufc ltd as opposed to mike ashley.

hows that. any case for wrongful dismissal will come against nufc ltd as opposed to mike ashley.

Ashley owns the club at the moment and, if he manages to sell before Keegan's claim is finalised, any future purchaser would factor into the price paid the potential cost of Keegan's compensation, therefore Ashley will pay Keegan's compensation out of his own pocket. Simples.

Keegan came back a different person imho a pale imitation of his former self and thats why i have been so angry with him as i think he was not in it for the long term with us at heart but to sort his money problems out and he realised he  wasnt up to the fight ,ffs not having watched a game for 3 years .

ok Tooj your turn :rolleyes:

Actually he said he had never been to a game not watched a game, there is a big bit of difference. I agree he never seemed the same at first but you could see that old spark was coming back. Look at him being interviewed before the Man Yoo game ffs, most of us on here at the time didn't think we stood a chance of getting anything. On the other hand he did. I will quote what I posted earlier on in this thread.

Everyone knows my affection for Kevin Keegan, and yes of course I am biased towards Keegan. Especially when it comes to people like Mike Ashley, everyone Keegan has done for us in the past is why I believe he went for the right reasons. When it comes down to it, I would always choose Kevin Keegan over Mike Ashley, without a shadow of a doubt. Obviously some people disagree with me but that's life.

The day Mike Ashley chose his structure or more so his personnel over Keegan for me was the day he burnt his bridges with the club for me. It's true I will never forgive Ashley for allowing things to happen, that's right Mike Ashley. At the end of the day the buck stops with him, he is the man who has been naive and appointed all of the wrong people. Some may say Keegan too, I will agree with that to an extent. And that is simply due to the way his role was defined. Yet if he was given free reign things could have been so different for us.

I am fully aware of the fact we would not have been challenging for the big prize with Keegan in charge again, I never once believe we could do such a thing. Although the propaganda from the hierarchy at the time did make me think anything was possible.

Before Keegan was re-appointed I was not for it at all nor did I believe such could happen. Although I should have known better knowing what this club was like. I was of the belief that Kevin's time in football was over and he was destined to be a memory of everything that this club could potentially be. However, upon hearing that he had been re-appointed I can't describe the emotion I felt. Part of me told myself to think with my head, he had been out of the game for a few seasons, appeared to have fallen out of love with all things football, but then my heart told me this is Kevin Keegan, this is the man who not once, but twice made not just a football club, but a whole city be proud of who they are, who reinvigorated a people, who understood what this football club and city is all about. Once again I was enjoying going to the matches, I felt no matter where we finished under Keegan we would give it our best shot, and play football the way he and us believe it should be played. I honestly felt like I was 10 again, the aura of the man made me realise why I hold him in such high regards. As he said before the Old Trafford game when I felt it was simply a case of damaged limitation "I've told the players, the headlines aren't written, we write these headlines." It's that optimism, that enthusiasm that gave me that feeling of being a child again.

Then the day Keegan walked that was all gone, simply I don't blame him for going if the circumstances are true, I blame those above him for that, I blame those above him for ruining not just my dreams but the dreams of a people. The dreams of a man who had unfinished business. Events since have proven to me who was to blame, simply due to the sheer incompetency of those running the club. People may now hold the main in disdain, but for me he will always be the man who taught us that impossible was nothing, who showed us what it was like to be where we belong, a man who understood what you were feeling.

Thanks for everything Kevin.

Ashley owns the club at the moment and, if he manages to sell before Keegan's claim is finalised, any future purchaser would factor into the price paid the potential cost of Keegan's compensation, therefore Ashley will pay Keegan's compensation out of his own pocket. Simples.

Ah, I really hope you're right. :laugh: :thup:

Would the club factor the claim into the sale price when they believe they are right in fighting it though? I dunno, doubt it.

It will be up to the buyer to weigh up yet another unwelcome complication as they will be the ones liable for an extra 1/10th on top of the reported offers if he wins.

Would love to think that wouldn't affect things much (sale/speed of sale/future transfer plans etc), but none of these gadgies seem particularly flush. :undecided:

Tooj bumming KK through rose tinted glasses

People may now hold the main in disdain, but for me he will always be the man who taught us that impossible was nothing, who showed us what it was like to be where we belong, a man who understood what you were feeling.

This is possibly one of the worst postings on this forum i have ever read

"a man who understood what you were feeling"

Yes he cared so much he jumped ship without a fight and cared so much no message to us but a feeble excuse through the F.A     well thanks KK  :clap:

[glow=red,2,300]That is actually one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum.[/glow]

Tooj bumming KK

People may now hold the main in disdain, but for me he will always be the man who taught us that impossible was nothing, who showed us what it was like to be where we belong, a man who understood what you were feeling.

Yes he cared so much he jumped ship without a fight and cared so much no message to us but a feeble excuse through the F.A     well thanks KK  :clap:

f*** off Biggs.

Dont fookin start just read the opening quote and that is why i am replying by defending myself before you go off on a hissy fit  :snod:

[glow=red,2,300]That is actually one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum.[/glow]

Tooj bumming KK

f*** off Biggs.

Dont fookin start just read the opening quote and that is why i am replying by defending myself before you go off on a hissy fit  :snod:

Ok, i was a bit harsh, so i removed it,..could smell a ban  creeping up on me.

Obviously ignored my comment about his remarks after the Chelsea game. Love how you are using my own post against me too. Absolute genius.

Obviously ignored my comment about his remarks after the Chelsea game. Love how you are using my own post against me too. Absolute genius.

Tooj, your wasting your time these people dont like finishing 2nd in the prem, playing attacking football, scoring hundreds of goals, winning 55% of our games,... they dont like it :no:

This probably should be locked in the near future

It won't happen, but I agree with that.

We need to move on from that debacle now the ultimate disaster has actually come to fruition. Time to start afresh.

Tooj, your wasting your time these people dont like finishing 2nd in the prem, playing attacking football, scoring hundreds of goals, winning 55% of our games,... they dont like it :no:

Just like I'd say you really enjoy being shat on by Keegan. That's not a normal fetish.

Just like I'd say you really enjoy being shat on by Keegan. That's not a normal fetish.

I need to find him, im missing his shit. 1st, 3, 6, 2, 2,..poop

Shat on? It's canny obvious that he felt his position was untenable.

Well i tell you what when you slag me off for posting my feelings on KK who i adored as a player and manager and say "That is actually one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum" i will defend myself to the hilt as this is how i feel and to take such a ignorant viewpoint on a posters comments is pathetic really and i still stand by what i originally posted so keep going on about it if you will but i am standing up for myself and my feelings on this and if you cannot see that it is not worth debating any further .