Is Redknapp untouchable?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Even so, I still think we should bring back quartering in 'Arry's case, I'd take great pleasure in seeing the consequences of horses being attached to each of his jowls and made to gallop in opposite directions.

It would create a limitless powersource, which would allow us to manipulate time!

Sorry, just watched the new episodes of lost...  :tongue:

Hope they get relegated and found out for what he is a gob s****, corrupt arsehole.

I predict he will stay until the League Cup Final then walk. But of course because he's Arry he won't be a lily livered cretin like Keegan, he'll be a poor put upon Manager whose players just didn't understand him or his wonderful coaching abilities.

In fact I might put a bet on him being gone before April. He won't want to be the one who takes them down.

Guest toonlass

Here's a letter me mate had published on football365.com today, spot on in my eyes!!

Is He Above Criticism?

Wow, last night's game was a real hum dinger wasn't it - no thanks to Tottenham Hotspur. They didn't turn up, their players to a man had an absolute Weston Super Mare and once again Harry is in the papers moaning about just about everything apart from his own tactics and game plan (or lack of...)

When he took over he inherited a 'decent squad' of players in his own words. Since then his Spurs side went on a decent run but have since slumped and are still well and truly in the mire. They scraped through to the Milk Cup final last night and Harry is all over the papers this morning saying that he won't play his best players on Saturday because he can't risk them - he's basically saying "sod the FA Cup". And there was naive old me thinking it was just the foreign managers who did the historic trophy down. He, his son and his cohorts (Tim Sherwood, Sir Les etc etc) are the first ones to slag off any foreign manager that rests players in the FA Cup, saying they don't understand the British game or the passion and history of the cup.

Yet there's no criticism of him today in the papers for admitting he's going to throw Saturday's game against Man U. Neither is there any widespread criticism of him for the shocking way they are playing football at the moment, the mediocre results he's achieving or the ludicrous amounts of cash he's lashing out left right and centre on players. It seems Redknapp himself is above criticism.

Bah, I'm rambling a bit here. I just wanted to vent my spleen I suppose. Harry is not the best English manager around. He is not a man that runs a club on a shoestring budget and achieves amazing results - he's a decent man manager that splashes the cash and achieves below par results. And he has a tendency to walk when things get tough. If he was your average Carlos Kick a Ball, the media would be all over this. But as we all know, Harry is a media darling (of sorts) - he scratches their backs with stories and stuff and in return he has a get out of jail free card that means he's immune from negative press coverage. And to boot, he looks like a celeriac.

Mike 'Safe to say I'm not Harry's biggest Fan' N'gog

:lol:

Guest kingdawson

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8929_4837682,00.html

ALLARDYCE DEFENDS REDKNAPP DECISION

Posted 23/01/09 15:39

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has defended Harry Redknapp's decision to field his weakest possible line-up for Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round clash at Manchester United.

Spurs boss Redknapp has been criticised by supporters' groups for devaluing the competition, and for short-changing the fans who will be making the trip to Old Trafford for the evening kick-off.

But with Tottenham involved in a vital Barclays Premier League game with Stoke at White Hart Lane on Tuesday, Redknapp's priorities lie elsewhere.

Allardyce feels the critics have no grounds for complaint as Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger at Arsenal get away with the tactic all the time.

"Why shouldn't he field his weakest side?" countered Allardyce when asked on the subject.

"Nobody moans about Arsene playing all his kids in the Carling Cup or FA Cup. That's okay.

"So why should we moan about Harry playing his weakest side in the FA Cup? Just because it's Harry?

"Harry has more reason to play his kids than Arsene Wenger has, or Manchester United or Chelsea because he is fighting to stay in the Premier League, which is more important.

"So I don't know why people are giving Harry some stick, and I can't see why anybody would dream of doing so. He's only doing what we all need to do.

"If you are going to do that, then you're going to have to give Sir Alex some stick, but perhaps people are frightened of doing that."

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has defended Harry Redknapp's decision to field his weakest possible line-up for Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round clash at Manchester United.

Spurs boss Redknapp has been criticised by supporters' groups for devaluing the competition, and for short-changing the fans who will be making the trip to Old Trafford for the evening kick-off.

But with Tottenham involved in a vital Barclays Premier League game with Stoke at White Hart Lane on Tuesday, Redknapp's priorities lie elsewhere.

Allardyce feels the critics have no grounds for complaint as Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger at Arsenal get away with the tactic all the time.

"Why shouldn't he field his weakest side?" countered Allardyce when asked on the subject.

"Nobody moans about Arsene playing all his kids in the Carling Cup or FA Cup. That's okay.

"So why should we moan about Harry playing his weakest side in the FA Cup? Just because it's Harry?

"Harry has more reason to play his kids than Arsene Wenger has, or Manchester United or Chelsea because he is fighting to stay in the Premier League, which is more important.

"So I don't know why people are giving Harry some stick, and I can't see why anybody would dream of doing so. He's only doing what we all need to do.

"If you are going to do that, then you're going to have to give Sir Alex some stick, but perhaps people are frightened of doing that."

Fergie agrees with Redknapp too................

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has defended Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp's right to field a weakened side for Saturday's FA Cup tie.

The two teams meet in the fourth round of the famous competition at Old Trafford with both clubs coming off the back of midweek Carling Cup semi-final clashes.

While United managed beat Derby over two legs, Spurs were taken to extra-time against Burnley on Wednesday and Redknapp is concerned over the fitness of his squad.

Midfielder Jamie O'Hara limped off against the Clarets to join captain Ledley King and fellow midfielder Jermaine Jenas on the sidelines.

Redknapp has the visit of Stoke to think about on Tuesday with both sides on the same amount of points and just goal difference separating them from the Premier League drop zone.

With the rewards for staying in the Premier League continuing to rise many top-flight managers view league safety above having the chance to lift the FA Cup.

Understanding

But Ferguson, who faces an injury crisis of his own at Old Trafford, feels that his counterpart's decision to field a weakened side does not disrespect the competition.

"It is not a reflection on the FA Cup at all," the Scot insisted.

"Harry was speaking in the emotion of a game of what I am sure is a concern. He has some genuine injuries and is concerned about Tuesday night against Stoke.

"At the moment they are down there along with three or four others on 21 points.

"He has been picking up one or two injuries and their next few league games are quite tough ones.

"They have three six-pointers and are coming out of a match played on a really soft pitch in atrocious conditions. In that situation you must respect your club."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4837683,00.html

Alnwick ( :frantic:)Zokora, Gio and Dervite all start apparently.

As much as I hate Allardyce, he makes a good point about Arsenal and their youth policy in the cups. The idea that you have to play your 'strongest XI' no matter what is stupid. How else are you meant to introduce youngsters to the game? In the league which is pretty much top priority for every team? On your bike, FA.

Guest kingdawson

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has defended Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp's right to field a weakened side for Saturday's FA Cup tie.

The two teams meet in the fourth round of the famous competition at Old Trafford with both clubs coming off the back of midweek Carling Cup semi-final clashes.

While United managed beat Derby over two legs, Spurs were taken to extra-time against Burnley on Wednesday and Redknapp is concerned over the fitness of his squad.

Midfielder Jamie O'Hara limped off against the Clarets to join captain Ledley King and fellow midfielder Jermaine Jenas on the sidelines.

Redknapp has the visit of Stoke to think about on Tuesday with both sides on the same amount of points and just goal difference separating them from the Premier League drop zone.

With the rewards for staying in the Premier League continuing to rise many top-flight managers view league safety above having the chance to lift the FA Cup.

Understanding

But Ferguson, who faces an injury crisis of his own at Old Trafford, feels that his counterpart's decision to field a weakened side does not disrespect the competition.

"Harry was speaking in the emotion of a game of what I am sure is a concern. He has some genuine injuries and is concerned about Tuesday night against Stoke.

"At the moment they are down there along with three or four others on 21 points.

"He has been picking up one or two injuries and their next few league games are quite tough ones.

"They have three six-pointers and are coming out of a match played on a really soft pitch in atrocious conditions. In that situation you must respect your club."

Taarabt will/should start too.

Honestly what can Redknapp do if Gomes,Hutton,corluka,dawson,woodgate,king,lennon,jenas,o'hara and probably Bent and Modric are all out injured.

Guest Geordiesned

Understanding

Taarabt will/should start too.

Honestly what can Redknapp do if Gomes,Hutton,corluka,dawson,woodgate,king,lennon,jenas,o'hara and probably Bent and Modric are all out injured.

Nervously twitch?

Guest mackas86

if i ever saw him in public he wouldn't be untouchable, id twat him round the face and momentarily knock those peepers straight :knuppel2:

Guest GAMMELL

if i ever saw him in public he wouldn't be untouchable, id t*** him round the face and momentarily knock those peepers straight :knuppel2:

He is one of the most detestable men in football right now. The C*nt

Harry Redknapp can't blame the players as he looks anything but classy  Brian Reade 24/01/2009

I watched an old fella suffer badly the other night.

My 71-year-old father-in-law has followed Burnley since he was a boy and as he saw his Wembley dream snatched away I felt his pain. So did our dog, and half the street.

But he quickly calmed down, reflected on how the Clarets had done their fans proud, and said: "Eh, that's football".

I then watched another old fella suffer. A 61-year-old twitching at the Sky cameras like Kevin Keegan in head-explosion mode, slagging off his players and announcing he would send out his weakest team in the up-coming FA Cup tie.

Surely that's not 'Appy 'Arry Redknapp, ace motivator and English patriot, who attacks anyone who doesn't give Her Majesty's FA Cup the respect its history demands? Could you imagine the stick a foreign manager would take if he'd said he was throwing an FA Cup tie at Old Trafford?

Particularly if he continued to refuse to speak to Her Majesty's BBC?

Imagine if he'd weaseled out of all blame for his side's poor display by publicly roasting his players and the previous management?

What would have happened if he'd humiliated a reserve goalkeeper, days after slaughtering a confidence-sapped striker?

He would have been accused of insulting British institutions and not having the character or bottle to succeed in English football, that's what.

"This is a team put together by I don't know who and I don't know how. It's scary," is Redknapp's new mantra. Yet this wasn't his tune when he took over at Spurs, drew with Arsenal and twice beat Liverpool. "We have a lot of good players," he said in October.

Now it seems he's working in a talent-free zone. His whine is not without truth. Spurs' squad is unbalanced and lacks leaders.

But with the likes of Modric, Pavlyuchenko, Lennon, Bentley, Woodgate, King, Bale and Jenas, plus the £30million he's just been allowed to spend, most coaches in Europe would willingly swap places.

So why, as his players suffer a dip in form, and they need confidence boosting does he put the boot in on them? It's because their form brings his managerial skills into question, and Harry can never let that happen.

He's got previous. When he failed to keep Southampton in the Premier League he blamed the mess he'd been left. And only this week he was reminding everyone that the players Alain Perrin bequeathed him at Portsmouth were "useless".

Redknapp's top priority is convincing the outside world that he's a class act who's been prevented from running a big club (and his country) by foreigners. Well he doesn't look too classy right now.

He didn't last year, when England scraped a draw with the Czech Republic and he put the boot in on Fabio Capello. "They're not the same players we see in the Premier League. What's happened to them?" he told TV viewers. The implication being that this foreigner can't handle our boys.

But as Capello has proved, big coaches don't waste time cosying up to the media or slagging off their players. They quietly work out how to get the best out of the talent before them.

Harry's finally achieved his ambition of managing a big team.

But he's finding it takes a bit more than wheeler-dealing, pats on backs, and a wink at the cameras.

It takes broad shoulders to carry the blame, a cool brain to work out how to put things right, and an indifference to currying favour with your critics.

The question is: Has Harry got what it takes, or is he cracking up under pressure?

Redknapp's priority is convincing the world that he's a class act who's been prevented from running a big club by foreigners. He doesn't look classy now

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/reade/2009/01/24/harry-redknapp-can-t-blame-the-players-as-he-looks-anything-but-classy-115875-21067120/

Page 4 of the latest Catflap magazine has "Harry's guide to management". its pretty funny...

http://ezine.catflapmag.com/issue69/

It has:

"1) Lie about transfers

2) Blame the previous regime for everything

3) Unsettle and buy players from your old club -

4) Unsettle other teams' players -

5) Crush the morale of your sensitive striker

6) Make out that your squad is rubbish"

complete with quotes to back them up haha

Understanding

Is this the same Fergie who decided to scan the FA Cup rule book to find an ancient rule that permits clubs to play extra time instead of replays, and then tried to enforce it ahead of today's game?

Harry Redknapp can't blame the players as he looks anything but classy   Brian Reade 24/01/2009

I watched an old fella suffer badly the other night.

My 71-year-old father-in-law has followed Burnley since he was a boy and as he saw his Wembley dream snatched away I felt his pain. So did our dog, and half the street.

But he quickly calmed down, reflected on how the Clarets had done their fans proud, and said: "Eh, that's football".

I then watched another old fella suffer. A 61-year-old twitching at the Sky cameras like Kevin Keegan in head-explosion mode, slagging off his players and announcing he would send out his weakest team in the up-coming FA Cup tie.

Surely that's not 'Appy 'Arry Redknapp, ace motivator and English patriot, who attacks anyone who doesn't give Her Majesty's FA Cup the respect its history demands? Could you imagine the stick a foreign manager would take if he'd said he was throwing an FA Cup tie at Old Trafford?

Particularly if he continued to refuse to speak to Her Majesty's BBC?

Imagine if he'd weaseled out of all blame for his side's poor display by publicly roasting his players and the previous management?

What would have happened if he'd humiliated a reserve goalkeeper, days after slaughtering a confidence-sapped striker?

He would have been accused of insulting British institutions and not having the character or bottle to succeed in English football, that's what.

"This is a team put together by I don't know who and I don't know how. It's scary," is Redknapp's new mantra. Yet this wasn't his tune when he took over at Spurs, drew with Arsenal and twice beat Liverpool. "We have a lot of good players," he said in October.

Now it seems he's working in a talent-free zone. His whine is not without truth. Spurs' squad is unbalanced and lacks leaders.

But with the likes of Modric, Pavlyuchenko, Lennon, Bentley, Woodgate, King, Bale and Jenas, plus the £30million he's just been allowed to spend, most coaches in Europe would willingly swap places.

So why, as his players suffer a dip in form, and they need confidence boosting does he put the boot in on them? It's because their form brings his managerial skills into question, and Harry can never let that happen.

He's got previous. When he failed to keep Southampton in the Premier League he blamed the mess he'd been left. And only this week he was reminding everyone that the players Alain Perrin bequeathed him at Portsmouth were "useless".

Redknapp's top priority is convincing the outside world that he's a class act who's been prevented from running a big club (and his country) by foreigners. Well he doesn't look too classy right now.

He didn't last year, when England scraped a draw with the Czech Republic and he put the boot in on Fabio Capello. "They're not the same players we see in the Premier League. What's happened to them?" he told TV viewers. The implication being that this foreigner can't handle our boys.

But as Capello has proved, big coaches don't waste time cosying up to the media or slagging off their players. They quietly work out how to get the best out of the talent before them.

Harry's finally achieved his ambition of managing a big team.

But he's finding it takes a bit more than wheeler-dealing, pats on backs, and a wink at the cameras.

It takes broad shoulders to carry the blame, a cool brain to work out how to put things right, and an indifference to currying favour with your critics.

The question is: Has Harry got what it takes, or is he cracking up under pressure?

Redknapp's priority is convincing the world that he's a class act who's been prevented from running a big club by foreigners. He doesn't look classy now

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/reade/2009/01/24/harry-redknapp-can-t-blame-the-players-as-he-looks-anything-but-classy-115875-21067120/

good stuff

Guest Geordiesned

That Kenwyne Jones thing tonight is typical him.

What's he been saying? Turned over as soon as the match was finished.

Guest Heneage

Well Sky says confirmed. But he basically said "We've bid for Kenwyne Jones" If thats not tapping up.

Guest Geordiesned

Well Sky says confirmed. But he basically said "We've bid for Kenwyne Jones" If thats not tapping up.

If that's all he said then nothing wrong I can see. It's when he comes out with the shit like about Bellamy saying the bid had been rejected but we know that he wants to join us that it's a joke. Ironically, if he'd kept his trap shut West Ham would probably have let Bellamy talk to Spurs when their next bid was accepted.