Shepherd Has His Say (Again)

Tooj

So you think that the revenue will stay the same if we are relegated and/or poor results continue ?

Or like Mike Ashley, you maybe think we will get 50,000 gates regardless of the investment in the team ?

How exactly do you propose we get back among the top clubs ?

f***ing hell, can't u understand that the investment is already unsustainable? Ur logic is like if we don't take a gamble then we couldn't chase back the money lost AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHY LEEDS AND FIORENTINA HAPPENED.  NO WONDER U SUPPORT FRED BECAUSE U BOTH HAVE SOME PROBLEM INSIDE YOUR HEAD.  How could you run a club like that?  Worry about the drop of revenues? Higher revenues doesn't mean higher spending power FFS.

HAVE PATIENCE TO RECOVER THE FINANCIAL POSITION AND THEN DO A VILLA. PATIENCE. Understand what it means?

Yep, because Randy Lerner undermined his manager with a guy who was 6 months earlier was fading away in League 1 while speding no money on new players and trying to offload anyone with a pulse?

Hence it being asked!

He's used the terms interchangably over the past couple of pages and I doubt he knows the difference between the two or the different approaches taken during each process

Because both of them will bring the club to hell--- just like the difference between final stage cancer and certified death.

Either one of them is enough to evaluate Fred's reign imo.  You rarely see a club that can recover very soon after administration rite?

How many clubs have gone into liquidation?

Oh and your comment re 'either one of them is enough to evaluate Freds regin' is completely wrong.

Liquidation - The club ceases to be, all assets sold of to pay those who we owe money to.

Administration - The club is run by an outside body for a period of time to bring its debts under control, pay of its creditors and get it to a level where it can be sold to a new owner and continue to operate.

Only if administration failed would liquidation be an option for a business like NUFC which has a number of sellable assets and strong cash inflows.

It would sting like hell in the short run, but in the long run companies can come out of administration in a better position then when they went in.

(on a side note I doubt that relegation would tip us into administration wtraight away now. We have a number of high earners leving the club in the summer and a number of players who would generate decent enough fees to put the club on a stable footing for a short period in the fizzy pop league)

Guest toonlass

NE5, forget about the game of football for one second. Set it aside. Don't even think about the football aspect.

Now answer this question straight. Was Freddy Shepherd (at least partially) responsible for the financial situation that we face at this club?

accountants running football clubs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Murray

As opposed to a scrap metal merchant running one

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59575.0.html

doesn't quite compare with this. Are you saying you have been envious of the mackems over the past 15 years  bluelaugh.gif

However, Sunderland had progressed well during the final 11 seasons of Murray's ownership. They never finished below third place in the league's second tier; whereas the club had finished below this position 7 times in Murray's first 9 seasons as chairman, despite the fact that they had been relegated 3 times during this period - and twice during his first nine seasons as chairman.

so you both think fred is a scrap metal merchant ?

It's actually getting hilarious how everyone's trying to make NE5 admit that he's talking nonsense.

It's not happening. Ever. Give up. :lol:

:lol:

True.

But it's his very pig-headedness that provides the comedy.

The whole I'm-ignoring-the-information-about-the-club's-finances-because-the-people-discussing-it-will-be-insulting-Shepherd routine is particularly funny.

It's actually getting hilarious how everyone's trying to make NE5 admit that he's talking nonsense.

True.

The whole I'm-ignoring-the-information-about-the-club's-finances-because-the-people-discussing-it-will-be-insulting-Shepherd routine is particularly funny.

It's not funny tbh.  It hasn't been for quite a long time.

It's not funny tbh. It hasn't been for quite a long time.

True.

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:zPH5JU0o01eqqM:http://625.uk.com/pifs/learn2swim.jpg

learn to quote young man....learn to quote

It's not funny tbh. It hasn't been for quite a long time.

True.

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:zPH5JU0o01eqqM:http://625.uk.com/pifs/learn2swim.jpg

learn to quote young man....learn to quote

Young man?  Fuck me, it's me Dad!  I edited that within a couple of minutes, you were quick off the mark!

NE5, forget about the game of football for one second. Set it aside. Don't even think about the football aspect.

Now answer this question straight. Was Freddy Shepherd (at least partially) responsible for the financial situation that we face at this club?

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

If anything, the direction taken by Mike Ashley since buying the club nails the daft theory that any old successful businessman can come into football and be a success, something else numerous people said when they were slating the fat bastard for only running a club that qualified regularly for europe, and not splashing cash whenever we lost a game, ironically.

Guest neesy111

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

If anything, it nails the daft theory that any old successful businessman can come into football and be a success, something else numerous people said when they were slating the fat bastard for only running a club that qualified regularly for europe, and not splashing cash whenever we lost a game, ironically.

football is a business first now, it has to be with the money involved

so i ask where was ur darling freddy going to find his 100 million which needed paying back

oh dear, I remember people saying that people like me were talking nonsense when we said Ashley was turning the club into a 2nd rate selling club again, and heading for relegation through selling players and looking for cheap replacements.

When exactly do you think we will match the european qualifications that we have seen for the last 15 years, under Ashleys strategy ?

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

If anything, it nails the daft theory that any old successful businessman can come into football and be a success, something else numerous people said when they were slating the fat bastard for only running a club that qualified regularly for europe, and not splashing cash whenever we lost a game, ironically.

so i ask where was ur darling freddy going to find his 100 million which needed paying back

grow up lad.

Guest neesy111

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

grow up lad.

still haven't answered the question

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

If anything, it nails the daft theory that any old successful businessman can come into football and be a success, something else numerous people said when they were slating the fat b****** for only running a club that qualified regularly for europe, and not splashing cash whenever we lost a game, ironically.

NE5 will NEVER answer that question because a) he has no idea. b) he knows full well that we would have struggled to pay it back, and could have gone into administration had the creditors come calling.

Yes NE5, football is about football first, no doubt about that and I agree. But you also have to have some kind of business sense. You can't simply spend more than you have, as then you would be knee-deep in it.

Guest neesy111

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

If anything, it nails the daft theory that any old successful businessman can come into football and be a success, something else numerous people said when they were slating the fat b****** for only running a club that qualified regularly for europe, and not splashing cash whenever we lost a game, ironically.

NE5 will NEVER answer that question because a) he has no idea. b) he knows full well that we would have struggled to pay it back, and could have gone into administration had the creditors come calling.

Yes NE5, football is about football first, no doubt about that and I agree. But you also have to have some kind of business sense. You can't simply spend more than you have, as then you would be knee-deep in it.

if NE5 ran this football club we would be like leeds now

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

nah, its Mike Ashley, and we will soon be back to where the Halls and Shepherd saved it.

FWIW, I was one of the few people on here who said that the fat bastard couldn't carry on splashing cash whenever the team lost a game. Thats quite a lot of u-turns ........ like I said, any old stick will do.

Care to tell me yet when or how Mike Ashley will attempt to match the european qualifications of the old board, or are you going to be happy supporting a selling club sitting in the bottom half of the league and making a profit for the next 10 years instead .

By the way, I take it you have missed my posts where I pointed out how well Bob Murray ran the mackems, like a business.

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back in the CL?

well, a manager who win 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards could do it, or do you think such a criteria isn't good enough, unless you prefer Souness and Allardyces qualifications for the job, which you quite clearly enthusiastically backed all the way on here ?

So, village, what is it ?

These simple questions are sooooooo hard for poor NE5.

so you thought a manager who won 4 titles with 2 different club and 3 manager of the year awards was a poor CV then ?

These simple questions are sooooooo hard for poor NE5.

Tbf Ozzie, he's already answered that question elsewhere

Yeah? What was his answer, then?

Let's face it, only a prize-winning moron would answer anything but "No, Shepherd didn't have a cat in hell's chance of getting us back into the Champions League!" But somehow I can't see NE5 conceding such an obvious truth.

The very thought of it has him burbling dumb irrelevancies about villages and manager of the year awards.

Guest neesy111

forget about football ?

haha, it IS football.

nah, its Mike Ashley, and we will soon be back to where the Halls and Shepherd saved it.

FWIW, I was one of the few people on here who said that the fat bastard couldn't carry on splashing cash whenever the team lost a game. Thats quite a lot of u-turns ........ like I said, any old stick will do.

Care to tell me yet when or how Mike Ashley will attempt to match the european qualifications of the old board, or are you going to be happy supporting a selling club sitting in the bottom half of the league and making a profit for the next 10 years instead .

By the way, I take it you have missed my posts where I pointed out how well Bob Murray ran the mackems, like a business.

i would rather have a club to support than no club at all, which was a distinct possibility if shepherd and hall's we're still at the club