Shepherd Has His Say (Again)

Tooj

"World-Class" managers? F*ck off, Freddie. We had Keegan and Robson, thats it. So he's telling us that Kenny Dalglish, Ruud Guillit, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce are all "world class managers? Dickhead.

He's right in some terms, as in Ashley should've done his homework etc. but he hasnt lost his ways of bullshitting.

Ashley is a cunt and a tight fucker, but at least he has a plan to build for the future, whereas Shepherd was just interested in trophy signings and dealing with corrupt agents.

Two of the biggest cunts in NUFC's history.

"World-Class" managers? F*ck off, Freddie. We had Keegan and Robson, thats it. So he's telling us that Kenny Dalglish , Ruud Guillit, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce are all "world class managers? Dickhead.

He's right in some terms, as in Ashley should've done his homework etc. but he hasnt lost his ways of bullshitting.

Ashley is a cunt and a tight fucker, but at least he has a plan to build for the future, whereas Shepherd was just interested in trophy signings and dealing with corrupt agents.

outstanding ignorance of mandiarse type proportions.

mackems.gif

Please tell us how many other managers have won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards ?

BTW, the biggest cunts in NUFC's history are the people who ran the club down for over 30 years between the 1950's and 1992, and Mike Ashley is well on the way to matching their acheivements.

I'm also pleased for you that you think Mike Ashleys lack of "trophy signings" has seen the club make such rapid progress

Freddie's just trying to deflect attention from the recent accounts which don't reflect well on him and his spongeing family. Obviously Bruce Shepherd had the best warehouses available in the whole of Newcastle, and young Ken was picked as an agent because he was the best agent around, not because he was fatso's son  O0

the only family in the world  ........

You couldn't make it up if you tried. Any stick will do.

i'm embarrased for you, any defence will do

Not defending anything, I'm embarrassed for you lot given the current state of the club since the change of ownership was made, because at the end of the day, this and other comments he has made, and SJH too, are all totally and completely irrelevant to what happens on a football pitch and how the club is run by its owners.

It's not a case of 'if you dislike Shepherd then you must like Ashley'. People can criticise him all they want, it doesn't mean they think highly of Ashley in the slightest, even if it's a point on which they base a particular defence of Ashley.

Given how much longer Shepherd had control at the club it's no surprise that people look back at his time with a lot more fondness than they have the year and a half or so of Ashley's time. They've both messed up.

I wouldn't call playing in the Champions League, capacity crowds, top quality international footballers, and 2 FA Cup finals messing up.

No, and nor would I. Under his tenure we did a lot right. However towards the end of his time in particular he was doing a pretty poor job of it. Recruiting the wrong managers, backing the wrong managers, and backing them with money that put us heavily in debt.

in the 2nd last season with Shepherd as chairman, we finished 7th and consequently played in the UEFA Cup. A position matched only twice in over 30 years prior to the Halls and Shepherd, and considered to be massively successful.

A "poor job" ?

Leeds had similar league finishes to NUFC, got the semi finals of the CL and built a fairly decent side. Would you therefore consider Ridsdale's time a success?

There are obvious similarities. I don't think Shepherd deserves half the stick he gets on here and elsewhere, but your seemingly blind defence of him is sometimes amazing. Both gambled at getting success, and did so in a manner which put the future of the club at risk. When it didn't happen, they gambled some more. It MIGHT have worked, and Shepherd MIGHT have got lucky under Robson and delivered a piece of silverware, but it didn't, and with all high risk strategies when it goes wrong it can have devastating affects.

The club without someone prepared to fund it out of their own pocket would have hit administration. When the credit dries up, where does the cash come from? The future income was securitised, the expenses were fixed and difficult to shift. Shepherd himself knew this, hence the comments about paying "Rolls Royce" wages.

Shepherd is a fan, he gambled, he got close, but failed. The price of his gamble was leaving a club which at the moment is not self sufficient. This is an unquestionable fact.

"World-Class" managers? F*ck off, Freddie. We had Keegan and Robson, thats it. So he's telling us that Kenny Dalglish , Ruud Guillit, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce are all "world class managers? Dickhead.

mackems.gif

Please tell us how many other managers have won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards ?

BTW, the biggest cunts in NUFC's history are the people who ran the club down for over 30 years between the 1950's and 1992, and Mike Ashley is well on the way to matching their acheivements.

I'm also pleased for you that you think Mike Ashleys lack of "trophy signings" has seen the club make such rapid progress

You picked the wrong post to belittle NE5, after all he did name 5 other managers which make his point.

Freddie's just trying to deflect attention from the recent accounts which don't reflect well on him and his spongeing family. Obviously Bruce Shepherd had the best warehouses available in the whole of Newcastle, and young Ken was picked as an agent because he was the best agent around, not because he was fatso's son  O0

Not defending anything, I'm embarrassed for you lot given the current state of the club since the change of ownership was made, because at the end of the day, this and other comments he has made, and SJH too, are all totally and completely irrelevant to what happens on a football pitch and how the club is run by its owners.

It's not a case of 'if you dislike Shepherd then you must like Ashley'. People can criticise him all they want, it doesn't mean they think highly of Ashley in the slightest, even if it's a point on which they base a particular defence of Ashley.

Given how much longer Shepherd had control at the club it's no surprise that people look back at his time with a lot more fondness than they have the year and a half or so of Ashley's time. They've both messed up.

I wouldn't call playing in the Champions League, capacity crowds, top quality international footballers, and 2 FA Cup finals messing up.

No, and nor would I. Under his tenure we did a lot right. However towards the end of his time in particular he was doing a pretty poor job of it. Recruiting the wrong managers, backing the wrong managers, and backing them with money that put us heavily in debt.

in the 2nd last season with Shepherd as chairman, we finished 7th and consequently played in the UEFA Cup. A position matched only twice in over 30 years prior to the Halls and Shepherd, and considered to be massively successful.

A "poor job" ?

Leeds had similar league finishes to NUFC, got the semi finals of the CL and built a fairly decent side. Would you therefore consider Ridsdale's time a success?

There are obvious similarities. I don't think Shepherd deserves half the stick he gets on here and elsewhere, but your seemingly blind defence of him is sometimes amazing. Both gambled at getting success, and did so in a manner which put the future of the club at risk. When it didn't happen, they gambled some more. It MIGHT have worked, and Shepherd MIGHT have got lucky under Robson and delivered a piece of silverware, but it didn't, and with all high risk strategies when it goes wrong it can have devastating affects.

The club without someone prepared to fund it out of their own pocket would have hit administration. When the credit dries up, where does the cash come from? The future income was securitised, the expenses were fixed and difficult to shift. Shepherd himself knew this, hence the comments about paying "Rolls Royce" wages.

Shepherd is a fan, he gambled, he got close, but failed. The price of his gamble was leaving a club which at the moment is not self sufficient. This is an unquestionable fact.

Firstly, Shepherd didn't own the club, he only had less than 30% of the shares, so its extremely unlikely he ran the club, made major decisions, and told the Halls later.

Secondly, not a single Leeds supporter didn't enjoy the run to the Champions League semi finals. I would rather have a club that aims for the top and doesn't make it than a club who never tries. We now have an owner who isn't going to attempt it, so do you want to spend the next 20 years as a yo-yo club going absolutely nowhere like the mackems have done for the last 20 years, and ourselves in our current predicament, or do you want to see the club at least have a go ?

Its your choice by the way, but if you prefer the 2nd option, I simply don't agree.

Ashley is a c*** and a tight fucker, but at least he has a plan to build for the future, whereas Shepherd was just interested in trophy signings and dealing with corrupt agents.

Two of the biggest c***s in NUFC's history.

mackems.gif

BTW, the biggest c***s in NUFC's history are the people who ran the club down for over 30 years between the 1950's and 1992, and Mike Ashley is well on the way to matching their acheivements.

Aye, I know we've had worse people (so far) in our history, like Westwood and McKeag. They sold all our best players and replaced them with horrendous replacements. But your cleary happy with Ashleys work at the club so far, I take it?

So you think Shepherd didnt sign big names to keep the fans happy? Ha! I wonder how many players we signed for massive money were well researched and watched for months.... Not enough I would say.

Owen for £17m? Luque £9.5m? Boumsong £8.5m? Duff £5m? etc. etc. Aye, they've all turned out smashing havnt they? Yes they were all 1st teamers, but were they all right for the club and what we needed at the time? Not a chance! Only Owen has turned out near good.

mackems.gif

You picked the wrong post to belittle NE5, after all he did name 5 other managers which make his point.

Gullit left his team as FA Cup winners, in the top 3 in the league, and still in the European Cup. Even the scottish fuckwit had won the FA Cup and the League Cup. Allardyce was widely regarded as one of the most potentially up and coming managers, ready for the big job and a possible future England manager.

Ignore this in the usual way though, if you don't then I'm sure others will.

Dalglish was the most outstanding name of his ludicrous list and I picked it for that reason, I'm sure others will realise that.

Feel free to tell me what I say is incorrect if it doesn't suit your opinion.

Ashley is a c*** and a tight fucker, but at least he has a plan to build for the future, whereas Shepherd was just interested in trophy signings and dealing with corrupt agents.

mackems.gif

BTW, the biggest c***s in NUFC's history are the people who ran the club down for over 30 years between the 1950's and 1992, and Mike Ashley is well on the way to matching their acheivements.

Aye, I know we've had worse people (so far) in our history, like Westwood and McKeag. They sold all our best players and replaced them with horrendous replacements. But your cleary happy with Ashleys work at the club so far, I take it?

So you think Shepherd didnt sign big names to keep the fans happy? Ha! I wonder how many players we signed for massive money were well researched and watched for months.... Not enough I would say.

Owen for £17m? Luque £9.5m? Boumsong £8.5m? Duff £5m? etc. etc. Aye, they've all turned out smashing havnt they? Yes they were all 1st teamers, but were they all right for the club and what we needed at the time? Not a chance! Only Owen has turned out near good.

do you mean "clearly happy" ? I would tie a brick to the fat bastards balls and throw him off the Tyne Bridge if it were possible to get away with it.

Lots of people were doing cartwheels when we bought Luque and Boumsong by the way, but these things are the responsiblity of the team manager, assuming your owner isn't Mike Ashley and the manager is allowed to run the team. The board/owners remit stops at supporting his judgement.

The signings made by the old board qualified for europe regularly and filled the stadium by the way. Thats the point of making quality signings, unless I'm mistaken, so please enlighten us if that isn't the case. In that regard, Solano, Woodgate, Dyer, Jenas, bellamy, Robert, Speed, Milner, Given, Hamman, Ferguson, Domi, Dabizas, Martins....all did well for the club, but continue cherry picking, unless you think nobody else makes a poor buy in the transfer market.

mackems.gif

Gullit left his team as FA Cup winners, in the top 3 in the league, and still in the European Cup. Even the scottish fuckwit had won the FA Cup and the League Cup. Allardyce was widely regarded as one of the most potentially up and coming managers, ready for the big job and a possible future England manager.

Dalglish was the most outstanding name of his ludicrous list and I picked it for that reason, I'm sure others will realise that.

I did have Dalglish's success in the back of my mind but he did anything but take us forward did he? Yes, we were a post away of winning the Cup with him, but other than that it was nowt but mid-table mediocrity. Shepherd played his part in that as well....

Guillit a "world class" manager? Do you honestly think he was "world class", ffs? If he was that good then why the f*ck did he undermine the biggest derby in England and drop our two best players? Would a "world class" manager try to sell Alan Shearer? Exactly! Look at all the shyte Guillit bought. F*cking awful.

Allardyce's run was come to quite a hault by the time he left Bolton. And the way he went about his business at SJP really showed his true colors. Thank f*ck he didnt get that England job...

mackems.gif

I did have Dalglish's success in the back of my mind but he did anything but take us forward did he? Yes, we were a post away of winning the Cup with him, but other than that it was nowt but mid-table mediocrity. Shepherd played his part in that as well....

Guillit a "world class" manager? Do you honestly think he was "world class", ffs? If he was that good then why the f*ck did he undermine the biggest derby in England and drop our two best players? Would a "world class" manager try to sell Alan Shearer? Exactly! Look at all the shyte Guillit bought. F*cking awful.

Allardyce's run was come to quite a hault by the time he left Bolton. And the way he went about his business at SJP really showed his true colors. Thank f*ck he didnt get that England job...

#So what is your criteria for appointing managers ? Those who have won trophies, or those who have not ? Or is it just hindsight ?

mackems.gif

do you mean "clearly happy" ? I would tie a brick to the fat bastards balls and throw him off the Tyne Bridge if it were possible to get away with it.

Lots of people were doing cartwheels when we bought Luque and Boumsong by the way, but these things are the responsiblity of the team manager, assuming your owner isn't Mike Ashley and the manager is allowed to run the team. The board/owners remit stops at supporting his judgement.

The signings made by the old board qualified for europe regularly and filled the stadium by the way. Thats the point of making quality signings, unless I'm mistaken, so please enlighten us if that isn't the case.

1) Boumsong had been at Rangers for a year after signing from Auxerre on a FREE. £8.5m for a defender from the SPL? Aye, fantastic research. Sir Bobby actually said in his book that Charlie Woods (chief scout) watched Boumsong and they both agreed he wasnt good enough for us.

Luque could've been bought for a much reduced price if Shepherd knew what he was doing. If Souness is to be believed, we could've had Anelka for around £7m but instead Shepherd decided on Luque...

2) Who employed that manager after sacking the best manager we'd had in god knows how long, in SEPTEMBER?!

mackems.gif

#So what is your criteria for appointing managers ? Those who have won trophies, or those who have not ? Or is it just hindsight ?

Preferably those who've won trophies. I admit Dalglish would be in that catagory but I guess it was one of those cases where it just didnt work out for him. But why us? Why didnt it? Was he allowed to do his job properly?....

But the only reason Sam was brought in was because Fred knew there was f*ck all to spend and Sam had been renound for working on a shoestring budget. Thats the only reason, imo, that he was brought in- because Shepherd knew the ship at NUFC was sinking.

Why employ a manager of a team that were currently BOTTOM of the league? Souness was and always will be a shyte manager. I think everyone knew Souness was around a 4th choice appointment.

If the old board had any sense then they would've 'relieved' SBR of his duties at the end of the 04/05 season and appointed someone like Houllier or Ranieri who had just been let go by their clubs. Its simple planning that make all the difference.

mackems.gif

Preferably those who've won trophies. I admit Dalglish would be in that catagory but I guess it was one of those cases where it just didnt work out for him. But why us? Why didnt it? Was he allowed to do his job properly?....

But the only reason Sam was brought in was because Fred knew there was f*ck all to spend and Sam had been renound for working on a shoestring budget. Thats the only reason, imo, that he was brought in- because Shepherd knew the ship at NUFC was sinking.

Why employ a manager of a team that were currently BOTTOM of the league? Souness was and always will be a shyte manager. I think everyone knew Souness was around a 4th choice appointment.

If the old board had any sense then they would've 'relieved' SBR of his duties at the end of the 04/05 season and appointed someone like Houllier or Ranieri who had just been let go by their clubs. Its simple planning that make all the difference.

I don't agree that it is "planning" or "timing", I think its just getting the right manager, of which only 3 can win a trophy per season, and appointing them is a lottery most of the time. Alex Ferguson and Arsene wenger were both appointed by their respective clubs during the season by the way, to emphasise its the choice that matters and not the timing.

Agree about Souness, but quite a lot of people thought he would succeed and backed his buying and selling accordingly.

Technically the board run the company, the shareholder's don't. The board of directors made the decisions, and Shepherd as chief executive would have had most sway in those decisions.

I'm not disagreeing that the Leeds fans enjoyed the ride, as did the NUFC fans. But if the Leeds fans were told that this ride would threaten the existence of the club, and lead to them being out in the wilderness for the forseeable future, they might have traded that Champions League semi and top 4 finish for a sustainable top flight club.

Not a personal dig at you here, but the current disagreements between supporters might be to do with too many polarised views, and your last post is an example. You suggest the only alternative to massive expenditure without regard to the risks of it not producing anything is to become a yo yo club going nowhere. There is a middle ground. It is possible to speculate and aim for the top, without putting the future of the club at risk. Those in charge have a responsibility to the fans and wider community. Since we didn't have anyone who would finance out of their own pocket, the club had to be self sufficient, and ensure that what was being spent on players, agents, fees could be financed out of club income. Instead we spent future income in the hope we would get back into the top 4, but with little regard to what would happen if we didn't.

I can admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed large parts of Shepherds tenure, without his gamble we might not had had nights at the San Siro etc., but the legacy of this risk taking is still being felt now, and may get a lot worse.

I believe at law the company accounts need to make reference to the viability of a company as a going concern. I'm led to believe that the independent auditors could not make that statement unless Ashley personally committed to underwrite funding of the club for the next 12 months. So putting personal opinions to one side, it seems that legally NUFC are not a viable business without Ashley. So despite our views, he personally is the reason we have a club to support next season.

We might be able to move forward as a club it we just accept that neither Shepherd or Ashley are/were the devil, they just have different views on how the club should be run. Shepherd's tried, but didn't quite make it. Perhaps its time to give Ashley's method a go.

mackems.gif

The signings made by the old board qualified for europe regularly and filled the stadium by the way. Thats the point of making quality signings, unless I'm mistaken, so please enlighten us if that isn't the case.

1) Boumsong had been at Rangers for a year after signing from Auxerre on a FREE. £8.5m for a defender from the SPL? Aye, fantastic research. Sir Bobby actually said in his book that Charlie Woods (chief scout) watched Boumsong and they both agreed he wasnt good enough for us.

Luque could've been bought for a much reduced price if Shepherd knew what he was doing. If Souness is to be believed, we could've had Anelka for around £7m but instead Shepherd decided on Luque...

2) Who employed that manager after sacking the best manager we'd had in god knows how long, in SEPTEMBER?!

Bobby Robson had left the club when we signed Boumsong so I don't see your point, it was up to the manager at that time.

The manager also decided to buy Luque, Shepherd wasnt a scout.

If you think September is the wrong time to appoint a manager, you must have been against the appointment of Bobby Robson I take it ?

mackems.gif

I don't agree that it is "planning" or "timing", I think its just getting the right manager, of which only 3 can win a trophy per season, and appointing them is a lottery most of the time. Alex Ferguson and Arsene wenger were both appointed by their respective clubs during the season by the way, to emphasise its the choice that matters and not the timing.

Agree about Souness, but quite a lot of people thought he would succeed and backed his buying and selling accordingly.

it's not just a "winning manager" it's a manager whom when he joins you get the inmpression that he'll improve us......hands up who thought that with souness,roeder or allardyce. ?

mackems.gif

Particularly you. :lol:

mackems.gif

it's not about getting in a manager who wins things,it's about getting in a manager who you think will improve things.....hands up who thought the day souness,roeder or allardyce wlaked in that improvement was on the way ?

A "poor job" ?

Firstly, Shepherd didn't own the club, he only had less than 30% of the shares, so its extremely unlikely he ran the club, made major decisions, and told the Halls later.

Secondly, not a single Leeds supporter didn't enjoy the run to the Champions League semi finals. I would rather have a club that aims for the top and doesn't make it than a club who never tries. We now have an owner who isn't going to attempt it, so do you want to spend the next 20 years as a yo-yo club going absolutely nowhere like the mackems have done for the last 20 years, and ourselves in our current predicament, or do you want to see the club at least have a go ?

Its your choice by the way, but if you prefer the 2nd option, I simply don't agree.

Technically the board run the company, the shareholder's don't. The board of directors made the decisions, and Shepherd as chief executive would have had most sway in those decisions.

I'm not disagreeing that the Leeds fans enjoyed the ride, as did the NUFC fans. But if the Leeds fans were told that this ride would threaten the existence of the club, and lead to them being out in the wilderness for the forseeable future, they might have traded that Champions League semi and top 4 finish for a sustainable top flight club.

Not a personal dig at you here, but the current disagreements between supporters might be to do with too many polarised views, and your last post is an example. You suggest the only alternative to massive expenditure without regard to the risks of it not producing anything is to become a yo yo club going nowhere. There is a middle ground. It is possible to speculate and aim for the top, without putting the future of the club at risk. Those in charge have a responsibility to the fans and wider community. Since we didn't have anyone who would finance out of their own pocket, the club had to be self sufficient, and ensure that what was being spent on players, agents, fees could be financed out of club income. Instead we spent future income in the hope we would get back into the top 4, but with little regard to what would happen if we didn't.

I can admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed large parts of Shepherds tenure, without his gamble we might not had had nights at the San Siro etc., but the legacy of this risk taking is still being felt now, and may get a lot worse.

I believe at law the company accounts need to make reference to the viability of a company as a going concern. I'm led to believe that the independent auditors could not make that statement unless Ashley personally committed to underwrite funding of the club for the next 12 months. So putting personal opinions to one side, it seems that legally NUFC are not a viable business without Ashley. So despite our views, he personally is the reason we have a club to support next season.

We might be able to move forward as a club it we just accept that neither Shepherd or Ashley are/were the devil, they just have different views on how the club should be run. Shepherd's tried, but didn't quite make it. Perhaps its time to give Ashley's method a go.

mackems.gif

OK, fair points. But it would've made much more sense to get a manager (a quality one) in as the summer started, so he could get his own staff in, get the squad he wanted, and build from there. Souness' CV hardly set the world alight did it? Neither did Roeders or Allardcyes....

Shepherd didnt plan and it cost him. He took us from title contenders and a top 4 side, to a side finishing 13th and 14th.

mackems.gif

OK, fair points. But it would've made much more sense to get a manager (a quality one) in as the summer started, so he could get his own staff in, get the squad he wanted, and build from there. Souness' CV hardly set the world alight did it? Neither did Roeders or Allardcyes....

Shepherd didnt plan and it cost him. He took us from title contenders and a top 4 side, to a side finishing 13th and 14th.

mackems.gif

Particularly you. :lol:

wrong. You're mixing me up with someone like mandiarse, who supported the sale of, and still maintains selling Craig Bellamy for instance was the right thing to do  ;D

A "poor job" ?

I'm not advocating huge expenditure, I'm one of the few people on here who don't slate the club for not spending more than the 9m quid in 2003 when they bought Woodgate, and also said what Souness was doing to the club to the numerous people that supported his buying and selling.

I think the club should behave like the big club it is, and not like small clubs such as Bristol City, Plymouth, Blackburn etc etc. And I am not happy to give Ashleys methods a chance because I think they are no chance as they currently stand, but sadly we don't have a choice in the matter.