Shepherd Has His Say (Again)

Tooj

If things were going so well, why was Sir John Hall so keen to sell the club (supposedly) 'on the cheap'?

Answer - he knew that Freddie was screwing up, and he wanted out ASAP.

SJH got bored years ago around about the time the sporting  club failed.

indeed, but he's excluded from any "blame" because talking about the Geordie Nation etc didn't embarrass anyone. Things have gone just great in the last 18 months, nobody laughs at us anymore.

Typical reaction on here from comments most of which are spot on.

He.should.fuck.off.

errr.......I hate to tell you this, the Halls and Shepherd have fucked off, and things are going just great now an automatically better replacement is running the club.

He's clearly shit stirring with no real motivation for anything other than that.

Spot on. Desperately trying to claw back some favour with the Toon Army. Shameful.  :no:

“The club is crying out for a chairman or a chief executive who has experience of running a big football club.

That’s not a job application because I’ve had my time. But Ashley must find someone who knows how to run a football club.”

Sounded like one to me though. What a nightmare scenario that would be.

Freddie's just trying to deflect attention from the recent accounts which don't reflect well on him and his spongeing family. Obviously Bruce Shepherd had the best warehouses available in the whole of Newcastle, and young Ken was picked as an agent because he was the best agent around, not because he was fatso's son  O0

Freddie's just trying to deflect attention from the recent accounts which don't reflect well on him and his spongeing family. Obviously Bruce Shepherd had the best warehouses available in the whole of Newcastle, and young Ken was picked as an agent because he was the best agent around, not because he was fatso's son  O0

Look at what you get:

http://www.shepherdoffshore.com/warehousing/warehousing.htm

the only family in the world  ........

You couldn't make it up if you tried. Any stick will do.

Look at what you get:

looks pretty decent to me  bluelaugh.gif

Look at what you get:

looks pretty decent to me  bluelaugh.gif

:lol:

i'm embarrased for you, any defence will do

Look at what you get:

Excellent, you get a Fork Lift Truck and a PC for over £300,000.  You can buy a FLT for less than £10,000 a PC for about £300.

Look at what you get:

What were we using the premises for, stockpiling corpses? That must be where the first team squad lodges then :lol:

Not defending anything, I'm embarrassed for you lot given the current state of the club since the change of ownership was made, because at the end of the day, this and other comments he has made, and SJH too, are all totally and completely irrelevant to what happens on a football pitch and how the club is run by its owners.

Look at what you get:

Excellent, you get a Fork Lift Truck and a PC for over £300,000.  You can buy a FLT for less than £10,000 a PC for about £300.

never mind mick, your good old days are heading back.

Look at what you get:

What were we using the premises for, stockpiling corpses? That must be where the first team squad lodges then :lol:

All I can picture now is the scene from V on the mothership with all the frozen bodies.

Not defending anything, I'm embarrassed for you lot given the current state of the club since the change of ownership was made, because at the end of the day, this and other comments he has made, and SJH too, are all totally and completely irrelevant to what happens on a football pitch and how the club is run by its owners.

i'm ignoring everthing past the first part because its irrelevant to what i posted. explain how you posting 'the only family in the world......' in a response to a post that accused shepherd of nepotism is not you leaping to his defence at the first opportunity. again, its this sort of thing that shows your agenda as the one true voice in defense of shepherd, and it undermines any shred of subjectivity that you might have shown towards him in the past.

you just cant help shooting yourself in the foot, hence the embarassment.

"But I am still proud of my legacy."

From 2nd to 13th in the league and from having cash to £100m debt.  :lol:

Top class squad full of quality footballers, to a mediocre bunch of cretins (with the odd decent footballer) who are getting paid the equivalent of CL salaries. Thanks alot Freddie. Wonder why all the other "top clubs" from when Shepherd took over as Chairman are still doing well.

It's not a case of 'if you dislike Shepherd then you must like Ashley'. People can criticise him all they want, it doesn't mean they think highly of Ashley in the slightest, even if it's a point on which they base a particular defence of Ashley.

Given how much longer Shepherd had control at the club it's no surprise that people look back at his time with a lot more fondness than they have the year and a half or so of Ashley's time. They've both messed up.

I miss Humpty Numpty, yeah he was a twat and a right old prick but he was still better than Ashley, yes we were ind ebt but at least he signed players.

He lied to us but Ashley lies to us all the time, the man is treating us like cunts, Fred is right about getting a football man in charge though Lambias does not have a clue.

I miss Humpty Numpty, yeah he was a twat and a right old prick but he was still better than Ashley, yes we were ind ebt but at least he signed players.

He lied to us but Ashley lies to us all the time, the man is treating us like cunts, Fred is right about getting a football man in charge though Lambias does not have a clue.

:lol:

I can't understand people missing Shepherd the man. Yeah I miss the days of spending decent cash on players but I don't miss the man.

As things stand I certainly won't miss Ashley when he finally leaves either.

“He got the club on the cheap.

“He got a fantastic deal when Sir John Hall sold out and set the price at £134 million.

“The value of the property and the playing assets that he got was at least three times what he paid for the club.

“He got a state-of-the-art 52,000-seater stadium — which you couldn’t build today for less than £400 million — as well as a brand new training complex, an Academy and a squad of players that was bursting with internationals.”

Yes you daft twat, you couldn't build them for that much, the reason the price was so low is the amount of debt attached to the club.

If you only include the assets & don't look at the liabilities when valuing something it's always going to look cheap.

It's like talking about how much you could make out of selling your house but ignoring the mortgage you have to pay off with the proceeds.

“He got the club on the cheap.

“He got a fantastic deal when Sir John Hall sold out and set the price at £134 million.

“The value of the property and the playing assets that he got was at least three times what he paid for the club.

“He got a state-of-the-art 52,000-seater stadium — which you couldn’t build today for less than £400 million — as well as a brand new training complex, an Academy and a squad of players that was bursting with internationals.”

Yes you daft twat, you couldn't build them for that much, the reason the price was so low is the amount of debt attached to the club.

If you only include the assets & don't look at the liabilities when valuing something it's always going to look cheap.

It's like talking about how much you could make out of selling your house but ignoring the mortgage you have to pay off with the proceeds.

he says this sort of shit because the mongs believe it, a snippet of a conversation i over-heard yesterday....

'have you seen the papers? they reckon the toon are in hundreds of millions of debt'

'eh? debt, how'd they manage that like?'

'i dunno, they reckon he's gonna run the club into the ground'