Shepherd Has His Say (Again)

Tooj

Look at David Moyes- He's spent something like £30m in his whole 7 years at Everton- and look where hes got them in recent years! Not as good as us at our peak but very well. Look at Aston Villa of today- Randy Lerner is hardly gambling the clubs future yet there 4th and are title contenders (OK, it probably wont happen). Gambling on a football clubs future (especially clubs like NUFC and Leeds) is crazy, imo. At the end of the day you'll be found out and it will all end in tears, even if you did enjoy a brief spell of success.

Look at Arsenal and Man Utd- They've spent big in recent years but they've also had a fantastic club structure thats allowed them to do this (i.e Sensible board, great managers, fantastic youth systems etc). They havnt done 'a Chelsea' on it and bought the league, they've actually built their teams around youth and experience. Good club management (from board to manager) has kept them their....thats something we missed- a good club structure. We had a fantastic manager in SBR but he didnt have the right foundations around him in terms of personel. When he first arrived at the club we were training in a local park, ffs!

"World-Class" managers? F*ck off, Freddie. We had Keegan and Robson, thats it. So he's telling us that Kenny Dalglish , Ruud Guillit, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce are all "world class managers? Dickhead.

He's right in some terms, as in Ashley should've done his homework etc. but he hasnt lost his ways of bullshitting.

Ashley is a c*** and a tight fucker, but at least he has a plan to build for the future, whereas Shepherd was just interested in trophy signings and dealing with corrupt agents.

Two of the biggest c***s in NUFC's history.

outstanding ignorance of mandiarse type proportions.

mackems.gif

Please tell us how many other managers have won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards ?

BTW, the biggest c***s in NUFC's history are the people who ran the club down for over 30 years between the 1950's and 1992, and Mike Ashley is well on the way to matching their acheivements.

I'm also pleased for you that you think Mike Ashleys lack of "trophy signings" has seen the club make such rapid progress

You picked the wrong post to belittle NE5, after all he did name 5 other managers which make his point.

Gullit left his team as FA Cup winners, in the top 3 in the league, and still in the European Cup. Even the scottish fuckwit had won the FA Cup and the League Cup. Allardyce was widely regarded as one of the most potentially up and coming managers, ready for the big job and a possible future England manager.

Ignore this in the usual way though, if you don't then I'm sure others will.

Dalglish was the most outstanding name of his ludicrous list and I picked it for that reason, I'm sure others will realise that.

Feel free to tell me what I say is incorrect if it doesn't suit your opinion.

I did have Dalglish's success in the back of my mind but he did anything but take us forward did he? Yes, we were a post away of winning the Cup with him, but other than that it was nowt but mid-table mediocrity. Shepherd played his part in that as well....

Guillit a "world class" manager? Do you honestly think he was "world class", ffs? If he was that good then why the f*ck did he undermine the biggest derby in England and drop our two best players? Would a "world class" manager try to sell Alan Shearer? Exactly! Look at all the shyte Guillit bought. F*cking awful.

Allardyce's run was come to quite a hault by the time he left Bolton. And the way he went about his business at SJP really showed his true colors. Thank f*ck he didnt get that England job...

#So what is your criteria for appointing managers ? Those who have won trophies, or those who have not ? Or is it just hindsight ?

Preferably those who've won trophies. I admit Dalglish would be in that catagory but I guess it was one of those cases where it just didnt work out for him. But why us? Why didnt it? Was he allowed to do his job properly?....

But the only reason Sam was brought in was because Fred knew there was f*ck all to spend and Sam had been renound for working on a shoestring budget. Thats the only reason, imo, that he was brought in- because Shepherd knew the ship at NUFC was sinking.

Why employ a manager of a team that were currently BOTTOM of the league? Souness was and always will be a shyte manager. I think everyone knew Souness was around a 4th choice appointment.

If the old board had any sense then they would've 'relieved' SBR of his duties at the end of the 04/05 season and appointed someone like Houllier or Ranieri who had just been let go by their clubs. Its simple planning that make all the difference.

I don't agree that it is "planning" or "timing", I think its just getting the right manager, of which only 3 can win a trophy per season, and appointing them is a lottery most of the time. Alex Ferguson and Arsene wenger were both appointed by their respective clubs during the season by the way, to emphasise its the choice that matters and not the timing.

Agree about Souness, but quite a lot of people thought he would succeed and backed his buying and selling accordingly.

Particularly you. :lol:

wrong. You're mixing me up with someone like mandiarse, who supported the sale of, and still maintains selling Craig Bellamy for instance was the right thing to do  ;D

It was. Unless you feel that players should be permitted to undemine the requests of a manager employed (in haste) by his chairman.

Or feign injury? Or decide where he should play?

I'm sure that you'll agree that the actions of no player should be allowed to undermine the running of a club?

"World-Class" managers? F*ck off, Freddie. We had Keegan and Robson, thats it. So he's telling us that Kenny Dalglish , Ruud Guillit, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce are all "world class managers? Dickhead.

He's right in some terms, as in Ashley should've done his homework etc. but he hasnt lost his ways of bullshitting.

Ashley is a c*** and a tight fucker, but at least he has a plan to build for the future, whereas Shepherd was just interested in trophy signings and dealing with corrupt agents.

mackems.gif

Please tell us how many other managers have won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards ?

BTW, the biggest c***s in NUFC's history are the people who ran the club down for over 30 years between the 1950's and 1992, and Mike Ashley is well on the way to matching their acheivements.

I'm also pleased for you that you think Mike Ashleys lack of "trophy signings" has seen the club make such rapid progress

You picked the wrong post to belittle NE5, after all he did name 5 other managers which make his point.

Gullit left his team as FA Cup winners, in the top 3 in the league, and still in the European Cup. Even the scottish fuckwit had won the FA Cup and the League Cup. Allardyce was widely regarded as one of the most potentially up and coming managers, ready for the big job and a possible future England manager.

Dalglish was the most outstanding name of his ludicrous list and I picked it for that reason, I'm sure others will realise that.

I did have Dalglish's success in the back of my mind but he did anything but take us forward did he? Yes, we were a post away of winning the Cup with him, but other than that it was nowt but mid-table mediocrity. Shepherd played his part in that as well....

Guillit a "world class" manager? Do you honestly think he was "world class", ffs? If he was that good then why the f*ck did he undermine the biggest derby in England and drop our two best players? Would a "world class" manager try to sell Alan Shearer? Exactly! Look at all the shyte Guillit bought. F*cking awful.

Allardyce's run was come to quite a hault by the time he left Bolton. And the way he went about his business at SJP really showed his true colors. Thank f*ck he didnt get that England job...

#So what is your criteria for appointing managers ? Those who have won trophies, or those who have not ? Or is it just hindsight ?

Preferably those who've won trophies. I admit Dalglish would be in that catagory but I guess it was one of those cases where it just didnt work out for him. But why us? Why didnt it? Was he allowed to do his job properly?....

But the only reason Sam was brought in was because Fred knew there was f*ck all to spend and Sam had been renound for working on a shoestring budget. Thats the only reason, imo, that he was brought in- because Shepherd knew the ship at NUFC was sinking.

Why employ a manager of a team that were currently BOTTOM of the league? Souness was and always will be a shyte manager. I think everyone knew Souness was around a 4th choice appointment.

If the old board had any sense then they would've 'relieved' SBR of his duties at the end of the 04/05 season and appointed someone like Houllier or Ranieri who had just been let go by their clubs. Its simple planning that make all the difference.

I don't agree that it is "planning" or "timing", I think its just getting the right manager, of which only 3 can win a trophy per season, and appointing them is a lottery most of the time. Alex Ferguson and Arsene wenger were both appointed by their respective clubs during the season by the way, to emphasise its the choice that matters and not the timing.

Agree about Souness, but quite a lot of people thought he would succeed and backed his buying and selling accordingly.

wrong. You're mixing me up with someone like mandiarse, who supported the sale of, and still maintains selling Craig Bellamy for instance was the right thing to do  ;D

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=12503&hl= ???

mackems.gif

It was. Unless you feel that players should be permitted to undemine the requests of a manager employed (in haste) by his chairman.

I'm sure that you'll agree that the actions of no player should be allowed to undermine the running of a club?

I know that Craig Bellamy played for a season and half with a knee injury that could have finished his career, and still gave more committment than the vast majority of players at the club. So I doubt he "feigned injury" in the way that was documented. I don't see anything wrong with a player trying to tell his manager what his best position, especially a manager who is deliberately trying to force a confrontation with the said player and give him an excuse for exerting discipline on him for no other reason than him being a bully and a control freak.

Souness should have been sacked for assaulting Bellamy, a fellow employee of the club, on the training ground.

History has shown that the disruptive influence at the club was the manager, the same as he was at Blackburn when he tried to break Dwight Yorkes leg on the training ground because he nutmegged him, and also forced out Cole and Dunne.

His influence on the club ie NUFC, was also the reason the reason behind the fight on the pitch between Dyer and Bowyer, the seeds of which were sown by his over emphasis on developing and nursing a confrontational atmosphere within the club, an offshoot of his own personality.

He didn't write that you know? Somebody edited it. FACT. Apparently  :laugh2:

Despite it being on his own website.  FACT. :laugh2:

wrong again.

bluelaugh.gif

So it's not your post then?

sorry to disappoint you Liam but I didn't post that and nor is it on my website. You're wrong on 2 counts mate.

Do you think if I had posted that I would have left it there for so long, without any "edited by" quotes at the bottom ........

Baggy must be pretty upset again at me for running rings around him so often .........  mackems.gif

mackems.gif

I know that Craig Bellamy played for a season and half with a knee injury that could have finished his career, and still gave more committment than the vast majority of players at the club. So I doubt he "feigned injury" in the way that was documented. I don't see anything wrong with a player trying to tell his manager what his best position, especially a manager who is deliberately trying to force a confrontation with the said player and give him an excuse for exerting discipline on him for no other reason than him being a bully and a control freak.

Souness should have been sacked for assaulting Bellamy, a fellow employee of the club, on the training ground.

History has shown that the disruptive influence at the club was the manager, the same as he was at Blackburn when he tried to break Dwight Yorkes leg on the training ground because he nutmegged him, and also forced out Cole and Dunne.

His influence on the club ie NUFC, was also the reason the reason behind the fight on the pitch between Dyer and Bowyer, the seeds of which were sown by his over emphasis on developing and nursing a confrontational atmosphere within the club, an offshoot of his own personality.

hasn't history actually shown that craig bellamy (very good player that he was) has been a disruptive influence most everywhere he's been ?

wrong again.

bluelaugh.gif

sorry to disappoint you Liam but I didn't post that and nor is it on my website. You're wrong on 2 counts mate.

Do you think if I had posted that I would have left it there for so long, without any "edited by" quotes at the bottom ........

Baggy must be pretty upset again at me for running rings around him so often .........   mackems.gif

It only took you half of the day to come up with the excuse that it had been edited. :lol:

Practically admitting you said it here btw.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=12503&view=findpost&p=299263

mackems.gif

hasn't history actually shown that craig bellamy (very good player that he was) has been a disruptive influence most everywhere he's been ?

he's influential and plays on the edge yes, but history has also shown a lot of managers want to sign him.

wrong again.

bluelaugh.gif

Baggy must be pretty upset again at me for running rings around him so often .........   mackems.gif

It only took you half of the day to come up with the excuse that it had been edited. :lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=12503&view=findpost&p=299263

you mean half a day before I knew it had been posted  mackems.gif

Hows your man denis the DOF getting on lately ? Still happy that we will be playing near you next season ?

Careful, don't hoy your toys out of the pram again

mackems.gif

he's influential and plays on the edge yes, but history has also shown a lot of managers want to sign him.

as they all think they can change him.....which they don't.

mackems.gif

as they all think they can change him.....which they don't.

14 million or so reasons for Mark Hughes thinking what you say is wrong, not to mention ZOLA who wanted to keep him.

wrong again.

bluelaugh.gif

Hows your man denis the DOF getting on lately ? Still happy that we will be playing near you next season ?

Don't worry Steve I won't do a Keegan.

I notice you're still avoiding the thread about the accounts btw, I'm not sure I would fancy facing up to the mess your hero fat Fred left us in financially either if I were you.

wrong again.

bluelaugh.gif

I notice you're still avoiding the thread about the accounts btw, I'm not sure I would fancy facing up to the mess your hero fat Fred left us in financially either if I were you.

don't worry about it Matthew lad, just look forward to seeing us play in Bristol next season, or soon, courtesy of your man Mike and his mate Dennis the DOF

Freddie's just trying to deflect attention from the recent accounts which don't reflect well on him and his spongeing family. Obviously Bruce Shepherd had the best warehouses available in the whole of Newcastle, and young Ken was picked as an agent because he was the best agent around, not because he was fatso's son  O0

the only family in the world  ........

You couldn't make it up if you tried. Any stick will do.

i'm embarrased for you, any defence will do

Not defending anything, I'm embarrassed for you lot given the current state of the club since the change of ownership was made, because at the end of the day, this and other comments he has made, and SJH too, are all totally and completely irrelevant to what happens on a football pitch and how the club is run by its owners.

i'm ignoring everthing past the first part because its irrelevant to what i posted. explain how you posting 'the only family in the world......' in a response to a post that accused shepherd of nepotism is not you leaping to his defence at the first opportunity. again, its this sort of thing that shows your agenda as the one true voice in defense of shepherd, and it undermines any shred of subjectivity that you might have shown towards him in the past.

you just cant help shooting yourself in the foot, hence the embarassment.

basically, its as I posted. Any stick whatsover to beat the fat bastard with.

I don't expect its escaped your notice the state we are now in, despite having new owners, that the majority of people wanted, on the basis that "anybody but Shepherd would do better", having been told by myself and one or two others that backing managers and showing ambition wasn't an automatic thing, but a matter of choice.

We now have an owner who has chosen not to back his managers and show ambition, and the whole point is still lost on you and others. Personalities have nothing to do with this, and I have to feel sorry for people with such mind boggling lack of perception and judgement. Amazing beyond belief.

do you want to talk about what i posted? about you defending shepherd on a charge of nepotism? or do you want to talk about mike ashley?

wrong again.

bluelaugh.gif

don't worry about it Matthew lad, just look forward to seeing us play in Bristol next season, or soon, courtesy of your man Mike and his mate Dennis the DOF

NE5 blatantly fishing for a floor to sleep on when we visit Bristol. :lol:

Bobby Robson had left the club when we signed Boumsong so I don't see your point, it was up to the manager at that time.

The manager also decided to buy Luque, Shepherd wasnt a scout.

If you think September is the wrong time to appoint a manager, you must have been against the appointment of Bobby Robson I take it ?

Bobby Robson looked at both Balde and Boumsong as possible replacements for Woodgate.

Bobby Robson had left the club when we signed Boumsong so I don't see your point, it was up to the manager at that time.

If you think September is the wrong time to appoint a manager, you must have been against the appointment of Bobby Robson I take it ?

Bobby Robson looked at both Balde and Boumsong as possible replacements for Woodgate.

Indeed, Robson told Shepherd Boumsong wasn't worth it on a free, then Souness convinced Shepherd he was worth £8m.  You couldn't make it up :(

Indeed, Robson told Shepherd Boumsong wasn't worth it on a free, then Souness convinced Shepherd he was worth £8m.  You couldn't make it up :(

so he is saying that the chairman of the club should act on the advice of an ex manager rather than the current one, and you are agreeing with him ?

haha, you couldn't make it up.

I don't expect to see you accusing the chairman of the club interfering in transfers in future, having now said you think he should  bluelaugh.gif