Shepherd Has His Say (Again)

Tooj

Guest toonlass

Bloody hell NE5 will be sitting there  :fwap: over his Freddie poster at this. Fred you are as deluded as NE5 if you think that its all Ashley's fault we are in this mess. You ran the club into the ground, piled up the debts and thought you were the messiah. Why don't you shut your stupid fat mouth and go back to doing what you do best. Eating out at Greggs!

Bloody hell NE5 will be sitting there  :fwap: over his Freddie poster at this. Fred you are as deluded as NE5 if you think that its all Ashley's fault we are in this mess. You ran the club into the ground, piled up the debts and thought you were the messiah. Why don't you shut your stupid fat mouth and go back to doing what you do best. Eating out at Greggs!

:lol: ...people...glass houses...throwing...stones...

Guest neesy111

no mention of how he was going to refinace the debt which was due to be paid and also the northern rock loan which we would of needed to pay back after they collapsed

also no mention of the vast divindend's he and the hall's took out of the club especially in the season where we didn't spend a penny and untimely went down hill since then

to NE5 you said ashley had disgraced the geordie nation, remember toon gate and the disgrace of him and douglas after resigning being allowed back onto the board total disgrace

Deckyesque Gman!!!

Deckyesque Gman!!!

Aw shit. I've got to stop doing this.

Sorry toonlass. :coat:

Guest toonlass

Deckyesque Gman!!!

Aw shit. I've got to stop doing this shit.

Sorry toonlass. :coat:

S'all right, I'm not Decky. I won't go off in the huff for a bit of banter.

I kind of miss the Shepherd days, we might have been heading towards our inevitable doom with him just as we are now with Ashley, but at least we weren't aware of it most of the time back then.

I would rather know what was going on, knowing your problems should be the first step to putting them right.

I kind of miss the Shepherd days, we might have been heading towards our inevitable doom with him just as we are now with Ashley, but at least we weren't aware of it most of the time back then.

I would rather know what was going on, knowing your problems should be the first step to putting them right.

Yeah, I know. But the gut-wrenching feeling of despair watching your loved one struggle against death and feeling of wanting to kill self wasn't present back then. I miss that.

Guest Heneage

Dear Fred,

How long were you prepared to go on borrowing ? and do you realise what happens when the banks wont lend you anymore ?

Yours

Madras

Its partly the reason a fan should never own us, he just wanted the best wanted stars on the pitch, Ashley has it where by the stars are the away team we need a healthy medium.

Guest neesy111

Dear Fred,

How long were you prepared to go on borrowing ? and do you realise what happens when the banks wont lend you anymore ?

Yours

Madras

Its partly the reason a fan should never own us, he just wanted the best wanted stars on the pitch, Ashley has it where by the stars are the away team we need a healthy medium.

i'm sure leeds fan would disagree with that

would rather have a team to watch than than no team at all

mackems.gif

silly woman

Guest sittingontheball

He's right about Llambias. Most of the rest is self-delusion.

I don't know why the Sunday Sun has just let him rant without asking him any questions.

The downward spiral back to our customary position in the wilderness all starts with his man Souness.

Fred's last season = 43 points

Ashley's first season = 43 points

Maybe this season = 40 points

Freddie's just trying to deflect attention from the recent accounts which don't reflect well on him and his spongeing family. Obviously Bruce Shepherd had the best warehouses available in the whole of Newcastle, and young Ken was picked as an agent because he was the best agent around, not because he was fatso's son  O0

the only family in the world  ........

You couldn't make it up if you tried. Any stick will do.

i'm embarrased for you, any defence will do

Not defending anything, I'm embarrassed for you lot given the current state of the club since the change of ownership was made, because at the end of the day, this and other comments he has made, and SJH too, are all totally and completely irrelevant to what happens on a football pitch and how the club is run by its owners.

i'm ignoring everthing past the first part because its irrelevant to what i posted. explain how you posting 'the only family in the world......' in a response to a post that accused shepherd of nepotism is not you leaping to his defence at the first opportunity. again, its this sort of thing that shows your agenda as the one true voice in defense of shepherd, and it undermines any shred of subjectivity that you might have shown towards him in the past.

you just cant help shooting yourself in the foot, hence the embarassment.

basically, its as I posted. Any stick whatsover to beat the fat bastard with.

I don't expect its escaped your notice the state we are now in, despite having new owners, that the majority of people wanted, on the basis that "anybody but Shepherd would do better", having been told by myself and one or two others that backing managers and showing ambition wasn't an automatic thing, but a matter of choice.

We now have an owner who has chosen not to back his managers and show ambition, and the whole point is still lost on you and others. Personalities have nothing to do with this, and I have to feel sorry for people with such mind boggling lack of perception and judgement. Amazing beyond belief.

Freddie's just trying to deflect attention from the recent accounts which don't reflect well on him and his spongeing family. Obviously Bruce Shepherd had the best warehouses available in the whole of Newcastle, and young Ken was picked as an agent because he was the best agent around, not because he was fatso's son  O0

Not defending anything, I'm embarrassed for you lot given the current state of the club since the change of ownership was made, because at the end of the day, this and other comments he has made, and SJH too, are all totally and completely irrelevant to what happens on a football pitch and how the club is run by its owners.

It's not a case of 'if you dislike Shepherd then you must like Ashley'. People can criticise him all they want, it doesn't mean they think highly of Ashley in the slightest, even if it's a point on which they base a particular defence of Ashley.

Given how much longer Shepherd had control at the club it's no surprise that people look back at his time with a lot more fondness than they have the year and a half or so of Ashley's time. They've both messed up.

I wouldn't call playing in the Champions League, capacity crowds, top quality international footballers, and 2 FA Cup finals messing up. Still, have it your way. How long do you think it will take someone else to equal such "messing up"

It's not a case of 'if you dislike Shepherd then you must like Ashley'. People can criticise him all they want, it doesn't mean they think highly of Ashley in the slightest, even if it's a point on which they base a particular defence of Ashley.

Given how much longer Shepherd had control at the club it's no surprise that people look back at his time with a lot more fondness than they have the year and a half or so of Ashley's time. They've both messed up.

I wouldn't call playing in the Champions League, capacity crowds, top quality international footballers, and 2 FA Cup finals messing up.

No, and nor would I. Under his tenure we did a lot right. However towards the end of his time in particular he was doing a pretty poor job of it. Recruiting the wrong managers, backing the wrong managers, and backing them with money that put us heavily in debt.

I wouldn't call playing in the Champions League, capacity crowds, top quality international footballers, and 2 FA Cup finals messing up.

No, and nor would I. Under his tenure we did a lot right. However towards the end of his time in particular he was doing a pretty poor job of it. Recruiting the wrong managers, backing the wrong managers, and backing them with money that put us heavily in debt.

in the 2nd last season with Shepherd as chairman, we finished 7th and consequently played in the UEFA Cup. A position matched only twice in over 30 years prior to the Halls and Shepherd, and considered to be massively successful.

A "poor job" ?

Guest Heneage

Dear Fred,

Yours

Madras

i'm sure leeds fan would disagree with that

would rather have a team to watch than than no team at all

That's what I'm saying, I could see why he was doing it but it was a bad idea. Ashley not being a fan means he sees us as his business. But he needs to realize as fans we have hopes and amibitions, like Europe like good players being on the pitch, its good signing lads for the future, but whats the point if your future is The Fizzy Pop league.