Time for Wise to step up?

TRon

No more time for bullshit. Wise has balls, these are his players he needs to take responsibility. If Joe is wavering and claiming his 'hands are tied' then we need someone in charge who believes in the squad being built here. If Wise is that man then he needs to carry the can.

:lol:

I didn't even consider this option, but sure, why not.

To think that the day would come where I would welcome Dennis Wise as manager...

It's quite mental, but I think you're right. :lol:

It's completely bonkers, but I agree :lol:

Joe needs to be locked away somewhere with no access to a microphone.

if the worst happens on sunday and god i hope it doesnt. i think there needs to be a real push to get shearer till the end of the season. just for the lift it will give the fans. it will create a buzz around the club and hopefully bring the new manager lift that tends to happen for a few games.

Ive always bin against shearer being manager because hes not ready obviously but how much worse could he be? and his inexperience would be outweighed by the excitement of his return in this time of need.

and plus ive had about enuf of that incompetent coughing and spluttering mentalist  :kinnear:

Yup, this is insane, but it's also possibly our best option. Kinnear must go, decent replacements would need their heads read to come here right now and as BigTron suggests he has to carry some responsibility (how much we don't actually know) for our current situation, so we may as well give him the chance to win the plaudits.

For those who are whole-heartedly against the idea, could you please argue why? In a reasoned and factually-based manner? Ie without hysteria and hyperbole?

if the worst happens on sunday and god i hope it doesnt. i think there needs to be a real push to get shearer till the end of the season. just for the lift it will give the fans. it will create a buzz around the club and hopefully bring the new manager lift that tends to happen for a few games.

Ive always bin against shearer being manager because hes not ready obviously but how much worse could he be? and his inexperience would be outweighed by the excitement of his return in this time of need.

and plus ive had about enuf of that incompetent coughing and spluttering mentalist  :kinnear:

If I was Shearer I'd be more likely to try to bring us back to the Prem, than oversee us being relegated from it...

Wise doesn't want the job. He left Leeds because he didn't like the day to day management. He wanted an executive scouting role where he was doing the deals at a higher level. Why would he then open himself up to the abuse and hassle of managing us?

Wise doesn't want the job. He left Leeds because he didn't like the day to day management. He wanted an executive scouting role where he was doing the deals at a higher level. Why would he then open himself up to the abuse and hassle of managing us?

Because Ashley might pop into his office and say "I'm changing your job description. Sorry son, but times are desperate, and it's just for four months"

seriously, curbishley ain't in a job right now is he?  ship JFK and ask curbishley in to the end of the season with 5 year contract on offer if he keeps us up

what's the worst that could happen?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah, let's hire a guy who left for the same reason Keegan did.

seriously, curbishley ain't in a job right now is he?  ship JFK and ask curbishley in to the end of the season with 5 year contract on offer if he keeps us up

what's the worst that could happen?

Yeah, let's hire a guy who left for the same reason Keegan did.

oh, sorry yeah, ok lets stick with JFK then...i'll pre-book some tickets for hartlepool away in the 2011 season