Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

He was s*** tbh. One paced, gave the ball away, no vision and very slow. Did turn up in the box afew times which makes a nice change but otherwise I think we've wasted £4m.

Can't agree there mate. I was fairly impressed with his passing today, spread the play well and I didn't see him give it away too much either. Didn't think he was fanatstic by any stretch but he did alright and he'll find his feet with a couple more games.

Methinks Big TRon is fishing a wee bit. :razz: Pleased to hear he started reasonably well.

Just hope we're not sat here in three or four months saying the same thing... "average, but played a couple of decent passes", like we have been with Guthrie. We want to see an improvement on our midfield and, somewhat unfairly, he's got a fucking lot on his shoulders. I like his character but he's going to have to be good, no messing.

Methinks Big TRon is fishing a wee bit. :razz: Pleased to hear he started reasonably well.

Just hope we're not sat here in three or four months saying the same thing... "average, but played a couple of decent passes", like we have been with Guthrie. We want to see an improvement on our midfield and, somewhat unfairly, he's got a fucking lot on his shoulders. I like his character but he's going to have to be good, no messing.

Guthrie and Barton are far superior in technical ability, if Nolan didn't get a few goals he'd struggle to be a Championship player. I hope he scores the goals which will keep us up tbf but I think we've signed a turkey.

Guthrie and Barton are far superior in technical ability, if Nolan didn't get a few goals he'd struggle to be a Championship player. I hope he scores the goals which will keep us up tbf but I think we've signed a turkey.

Pretty ridiculous argument iyam. If Owen didn't score any goals he'd barely make the Championship, either. ???

If Nolan's good at arriving late in the box, is a decent finisher, is decent at long-shots - just reasonable going forward in general, then he'll be a significant improvement on what we've got. Forget Barton and Guthrie like.

I concede to not seeing the game today but it seems a tad early to judge the guy.

Pretty ridiculous argument iyam. If Owen didn't score any goals he'd barely make the Championship, either. ???

If Nolan's good at arriving late in the box, is a decent finisher, is decent at long-shots - just reasonable going forward in general, then he'll be a significant improvement on what we've got. Forget Barton and Guthrie like.

I concede to not seeing the game today but it seems a tad early to judge the guy.

Just a tad.

One of the most important areas of the pitch is central midfield where the tempo of the game is set and from what I've seen of Nolan today just confirms what I've thought about him in the past. He's got very little ability and he's really slow. He'd have to score a good few goals to make up for the fact he's going to contribute to us getting out-played in this area of the pitch. I hope he improves, or maybe I've missed something but I think we're going backwards with these sort of signings.

Wenger blueprint?  :lol:

Guest Bolton Zulu

Blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes - and pointing and shouting for England! Just what we have become used to for the last eighteen months.

Get him fitter and you will have a decent PL midfielder - but you aren't noted for your training ground expertise, are you?

Only one game for the pair of them, granted, but buying Davies from Wolves for £500k and knocking Nolan out to you for £4 mill looks like a shrewd bit of business to me.

I thought he looked alright tbh.

Some neat touches, rarely lost possession and worked pretty hard in a game that wasn't easy to come into.

This is from someone who thinks signing him and Taylor is very, very 'meh' so fair play.

Guest BigTrev

Some neat touches, rarely lost possession and worked pretty hard in a game that wasn't easy to come into.

This is from someone who thinks signing him and Taylor is very, very 'meh' so fair play.

i tend to agree was nice to see a mid fielder in the box for a change

i tent to agree was nice to see a mid fielder in the box for a change

Yeah - If he keeps pushing on, he'll get us a few goals between now and the end of the season.

If that's the difference between third and fourth bottom then he's £4m well spent.

Blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes - and pointing and shouting for England! Just what we have become used to for the last eighteen months.

Get him fitter and you will have a decent PL midfielder - but you aren't noted for your training ground expertise, are you?

Only one game for the pair of them, granted, but buying Davies from Wolves for £500k and knocking Nolan out to you for £4 mill looks like a shrewd bit of business to me.

Training players in WarZone is never easy.

At the end of the day you can come on here & give it the look at me I am smug twat but if we want your manager, your captain they will leave your grubby long ball club in flash.

No need to reply as I am not interested

Guest Bolton Zulu

Training players in WarZone is never easy.

At the end of the day you can come on here & give it the look at me I am smug t*** but if we want your manager, your captain they will leave your grubby long ball club in flash.

No need to reply as I am not interested

You must be a tiny bit interested, or else you wouldn't have posted this. Is English your second language, by the way? I do hope so.  :coolsmiley:

We are Newcastle and we don't care about a few millions more or less.

You are Bolton and counting every penny.

Guest Bolton Zulu

You might not care today - but you will, my friend.

And would we be that grubby long-ball club that, since the start of the 2002/03 season, has played you in the Premier League 13 times? We won 6, lost 5 and drew 2?

I love exchanging banter with fans of big clubs like Barcodes, Spuds and the Citeh Massif. It's a bit easy though.  :clap:

And would we be that grubby long-ball club that, since the start of the 2002/03 season, has played you in the Premier League 13 times? We won 6, lost 5 and drew 2?

I love exchanging banter with fans of big clubs like Barcodes, Spuds and the Citeh Massif. It's a bit easy though.  :clap:

Well, you haven't been playing football since 2002/03. Not even an attempt.

:lol: The pain.

It's been a rough season but that takes the biscuit.

Guest Bolton Zulu

:lol: The pain.

It's been a rough season but that takes the biscuit.

Only banter, Yorkie! If you want to press my button give it the "big club" approach.  :thup:

We may be a shit club now that seem to be scraping the barrel a bit but I've never seen a Trotter in Milan.

Saying that I've barely seen a Trotter at an away game. That'd involve forking out a bit of money to support their club.