Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Guest Howaythetoon

He'll step up his game here, trust me. He has that type of attitude and mentality. He's become stale at a stale club forever doing the same thing year in year out, playing the same way all the time. Under the other Sam his form took a different turn when Lee tried to get Bolton to play more football and changed things a bit, only to drop to his usual form under Megson who has basically fostered the Big Sam way lock, stock.

Are you lot just born deluded or is there something in the water up there? He wasn't even in the team under Sammy Lee because he can't pass a ball five yards. He played his best football under Big Sam and that was a long time ago. To suggest that he only needs to pull on the black and white shirt and he will be transformed is just utter nonsense. I really hope that this deal goes through.

It's a sign of the times mate. Our squad is wafer thin, we barely have any bodies in the middle of the park let alone quality. No one is expecting him to be anything special, if he was average it would be a good signing.

You can talk down to this lot as much as you want but we've been waiting for some news, any news that is at least the slightest bit cheerful. All we've had is negativity all season, so if there's a hope, even if it is false hope that Nolan can re-capture his form under Big Sam then we are going to believe it, no matter how awful you insist he is.

Exactly. Trotter's just showing relegation-fight tension.

Guest The Libertine

Trotter58 seems like a bit of an arse like.

ive just read a few of his posts on another forum and he's a bit of a laughing stock on there.

This (potential) signing is worth it if only to avoid the sight of a Geremi/Butt combination lining up in our centre mid against the mackems.

Always though he was a decent player - no worldbeater but steady away. Not taking the Bolton views too seriously - maybe he had gone stale and hasn't been playing well but fans always slate a player when they leave a club. Villa fans would have been gutted reading about Milner on here this summer, but right now he's a key part of a team that's only 3 points off the top of the table. Ho hum.

Villa fans think Milner is shite though.

Guest Darth Toon

This (potential) signing is worth it if only to avoid the sight of a Geremi/Butt combination lining up in our centre mid against the mackems.

Always though he was a decent player - no worldbeater but steady away. Not taking the Bolton views too seriously - maybe he had gone stale and hasn't been playing well but fans always slate a player when they leave a club. Villa fans would have been gutted reading about Milner on here this summer, but right now he's a key part of a team that's only 3 points off the top of the table. Ho hum.

Not the ones I know. And I'm pretty sure Brummie on here has been bigging him up lately as well.

Very meh. I didn't want him when Allardyce was here and the Bolton fans didn't rate him then so god knows what they think now. And as others have pointed out, our fabulous scouting system has been working behind the scenes all this time and they can't find someone better than an average player from one of our direct rivals to go down?

Still, we need bodies so it's difficult to complain too much. At least we're doing something to try arrest the decline. :thup:

Have any of you seen Kevin Nolan? I guarantee if we were on the other end of this transfer we'd be laughing our tits off at having got rid of him. He was f***ing awful 3 years ago and he's even worse now.

Hit yourself with your username.

:lol: :lol::lol:

Not the ones I know. And I'm pretty sure Brummie on here has been bigging him up lately as well.

Brummie doesn't run him down but points out all of the same things we did, that he can't cross and is slow.

His reaction is no different to some of ours when Everton were interested in Smith and some scousers were posting on their forum about how "he's still a good player, he's just made to look bad by the team". We know it'd be laughable for anyone to blame the team for Smith being finished, both are mutually exclusive, and trotter clearly thinks the same is the case with Nolan. Except trotter has the guts to go on the other clubs' forum and state what he knows about the player, so kudos to him.

Guest timmy boy

Villa fans think Milner is s**** though.

My best mate is a Villa fan and he has been raving about Jimmy recently, saying he has found some form.

Guest The Libertine

Very meh. I didn't want him when Allardyce was here and the Bolton fans didn't rate him then so god knows what they think now. And as others have pointed out, our fabulous scouting system has been working behind the scenes all this time and they can't find someone better than an average player from one of our direct rivals to go down?

Still, we need bodies so it's difficult to complain too much. At least we're doing something to try arrest the decline. :thup:

clearly not  :aww:

His reaction is no different to some of ours when Everton were interested in Smith and some scousers were posting on their forum about how "he's still a good player, he's just made to look bad by the team". We know it'd be laughable for anyone to blame the team for Smith being finished, both are mutually exclusive, and trotter clearly thinks the same is the case with Nolan. Except trotter has the guts to go on the other clubs' forum and state what he knows about the player, so kudos to him.

Uh-huh, that or he's a wanker.

We'll soon find out.

Guest Howaythetoon

I wouldn't trust what Bolton fans say about their club, they were booing Big Sam's work there and seem to be doing the same under Megson. Clueless springs to mind.

This one really could go either way, we are dying out for pace in the middle of the park which he does not have, but I always remember him been decent, and when Bolton last played at SJP I remember him absolutely rollicking his team mates. which to be honest we miss.

We need bodies and we need some character. I think him with Barton longer term could be ok, but we still need legs in there too :)

Least he will put it in against the scum.

Average signing and perfect for the championship, hope Ashley just f***s off in the summer.

we need players ffs, would you rather we signed no one at all?

he'll be a player fit for a relegation battle unlike 3/4's of our team

we need anymore s*** players though?

Are you seriously still thinking any good players are going to sign?  Do you not understand our situation?

I wouldn't trust what Bolton fans say about their club, they were booing Big Sam's work there and seem to be doing the same under Megson. Clueless springs to mind.

So you're painting a picture of all of their fans based on the arguable actions of a few of their fans, when we're hardly bereft of people booing ourselves.

Guest Howaythetoon

So you're painting a picture of all of their fans based on the arguable actions of a few of their fans, when we're hardly bereft of people booing ourselves.

Megson though is doing a damned fine job at Bolton as did Big Sam, they're punching above their weight. Like the manager himself said he's had it from day one.

Megson though is doing a damned fine job at Bolton as did Big Sam, they're punching above their weight. Like the manager himself said he's had it from day one.

My point being that not every fan of theirs is doing it, so I don't see why that should affect the validity of what this Trotter guy is saying. For all we know he might not even go to the games.