Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Guest diddimz

Sorry to break this news guys. Nolan's not had a good game for eighteen months. He's been trading on his reputation - so the chances are he'll fit straight in at SJP.  :coolsmiley:

Having said that he'll probably play out of his skin for the next three months.

So things haven't been the same for him there since Allardyce left?

pretty mixed reaction from the fans on the Bolton forum.......seems he`s been well off form for the last 2 seasons from what I`ve read and has been given loads of stick sometimes justifiably. Maybe a move would revitalise his career.

Here`s a few of the reactions

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?t=17397&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

------

about time we moved on I think. He has lost his way in the last couple of seasons, no longer scores enough, does not assist, cant tackle and fails to complete any covincing passes. Fails to add anything to the team.

It's like this. Nolan was a passenger yesterday. In fact he has been a passenger for too many games. If the deal is right I think we can find better. The guys got a turning circle of an articulated lorry, sits on his heels, can't jump or tackle and struggles passing. If we make a few million quid for him, I won't be too sorry to see him go.

---

i feel unhappy about this.

we face a relegation struggle. and we've just sold our captain and a player equipped with the commitment that's going to be necessary. to a relegation rival.

If this happens, I would be sad to see him go as he is class.. certainly ahead of what we currently have. I would not blame him for leaving as I know what it is to give your heart and soul for your team, only to face abuse. It was intersting to hear people saying Basham was Man of the Match vs Man U when if Nolan had put in a performance like that, he would have been abused for contributing little to the team.

I can't say too much right now because anything I say will be hugely coloured by emotion. I am absolutely gutted at this.

If Megson HONESTLY thinks the team is better off without Nolan, it just goes to prove that he really is on a mission to remove any kind of quality we ever had and replace them with cloggers. I never thought I'd be one of "those guys" but right now, with this deal looking like reality, I can't help but feel utterly resentful towards the club for letting this happen.

Reading those statements what stoood out for me is selling their captain. I think this will back fire on them.

So more bodies for our squad and screwing over one of our relegation rivals at the same time.

More power for us.

Guest Bolton Zulu

Sorry to break this news guys. Nolan's not had a good game for eighteen months. He's been trading on his reputation - so the chances are he'll fit straight in at SJP.  :coolsmiley:

Having said that he'll probably play out of his skin for the next three months.

So things haven't been the same for him there since Allardyce left?

Well yes, now that you point it out. Four years ago he was on the fringe of the England squad - he would probably have a dozen caps now if he played for the Spuds. He has been a very good player, but he's not been performing well for a while. His effort, commitment and workrate cannot be faulted though.

He has scraped into the Bolton team recently. His departure will not have the damaging effect that some posters have raised in this forum. Wishful thinking that guys. All in all, good business for us I think. It could be good for his career too - and you could benefit from that.

Or - another one of your panic buys could crash and burn. Nothing new there then!  :coolsmiley:

Not terribly exciting news. Nothing exciting can ever come from Bolton really. But as has been said, we're buying a strong character, and if he's fit enough to start premiership matches will be quite useful to us now. Similar fighting mentality to Butt's, with better technique and goalscoring ability. Probably the only player slower than Butt mind  :crazy2:

In our current situation, a proven Premier League grafter who hardly ever gets injured and is coming on the cheap is exactly what we need.

We're not going to attract any better, it's almost February and we're 2 points off bottom. If we're buying players on the cheap, then players proven at this level are what we want. We can't afford any gambles.

Guest Bolton Zulu

Not terribly exciting news. Nothing exciting can ever come from Bolton really.

Yeah, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Jaaskelainen - shit they were! Not forgetting Gary Speed of course. Oh hang on - he came from you.

Stop reading the redtops and think for yourself.

Yeah, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Jaaskelainen - s*** they were! Not forgetting Gary Speed of course. Oh hang on - he came from you.

As much as I loved Garry Speed, i'd hardly call any of those exciting, Speed had by far his best days with us.

Okocha = one of the biggest african underachievers in recent times

Guest Bolton Zulu

Yeah, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Jaaskelainen - s*** they were! Not forgetting Gary Speed of course. Oh hang on - he came from you.

As much as I loved Garry Speed, i'd hardly call any of those exciting, Speed had by far his best days with us.

You're being silly now.

tbh it was a dig at you for half talking shit on here. I have a lot of time for my Bolton supporting mates, and some of them know their football unlike others. I don't read redtops as Im not even in the UK at the moment.

Yeah, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Hierro, Jaaskelainen - shit they were! Not forgetting Gary Speed of course. Oh hang on - he came from you.

Haha, cos Newcastle re-signing Gary Speed from Bolton would've been tres exciting news.

You're being silly now.

Not really. Okocha could have had a far bigger career than he did in the end. Far more talented than to end up spending his good years playing for a non-entity club like Bolton. No doubt he was a class above when playing for Bolton, but unfortunately he couldn't hack it with the big boys.

In our current situation, a proven Premier League grafter who hardly ever gets injured and is coming on the cheap is exactly what we need.

We're not going to attract any better, it's almost February and we're 2 points off bottom. If we're buying players on the cheap, then players proven at this level are what we want. We can't afford any gambles.

Expect him to get injured straight away then.

Guest toonlass

He's shit. One of my best mates is a Bolton fan and when I rang him last night, he laughed at me before I even opened my mouth.

14 yellow cards since his last goal is an interesting stat.

Surely the fact that he is a Bolton fan gives you all the laughing rights!

He's s***. One of my best mates is a Bolton fan and when I rang him last night, he laughed at me before I even opened my mouth.

14 yellow cards since his last goal is an interesting stat.

Why write him off before he kicks a ball?  I couldn't give a toss how he's played at Bolton where he's been unhappy for a long time and had the fans (those that bother to turn up) on his back.  He improves the quality of the midfield simply by not being Nicky Butt, is a good pro and he's been a decent prem footballer.  Better this than an overseas player who will take ages to settle in - we'd be better off signing them in the summer when hopefully we're out of trouble.

Realistically a player like Nolan is the best we can get in this transfer window, personally I'm happy we've brought in a midfielder who knows his way round a relegation scrap.  If he does turn out to be shit, at least they tried to do something positive.  I doubt Kaka is demanding to move to us.