Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Nolan is clearly a better player than Butt. Butts second touch is a tackle, and he has made about 5-6 penalties against us this season.

I prefer Butt. Say what you want about him but he's definately a fighter who gives his all. People say the same about nolan but i really don't agree. He has a decent shot on him but other then that, he offers nothing else. He's also extremley slow and about a half a stone overweight. He's the sort of player that rarely gets involved in play but might come up with a decent shot on goal now and again, then go back to doing nothing.

Barton is better than Nolan, but Butt is far worse than both. He's been a disgrace this season.

Barton is 10 times the player Nolan is.

Maybe i'm wrong about Butt and his performances this season but honestly speaking, if someone said that spurs were gonna sign either him or nolan, i'd go with Nicky (maybe it's because of the type of midfielder he is, i don't know). He's been motm the last couple of times we've played you at the Lane.

barton was...he's done nothing on the pitch for us to live up to the good player he was at citeh

Really is funny, other people's interpretations of Butt. Understandable, obvioulsy - i don't expect other fans to watch all Newcastle games. But people cannot grasp what an utterly woeful 'footballer' Nicky Butt is. :lol: To think he was 'player of the season' for many squad members last year. :nope:

Nolan will be a fantastic signing for us. Exactly what we need.

HE puts in 100% all the time and will get more goals than an of our midfield.

Rings a bell - see Joey Barton.

Hope he will be a great signing but past experience tell me that playing for Newcastle usually means you become shit!

How has Barton became shit?  He's still a good player, he just never plays because he's either injured or in jail.

Hope he will be a great signing but past experience tell me that playing for Newcastle usually means you become shit!

How has Barton became shit?  He's still a good player, he just never plays because he's either injured or in jail.

He's been a fucking disaster. Hardly pulled up trees when on the pitch as well, although to be fair to the psychopath he's probably never been 100% fit.

The most frustrating thing is that any sensible person would have drawn a big red circle around Nicky Butt's name in the summer of 2007 or before and done something to replace him.  We got so close to being rid of him when Souness shipped him off to Birmingham. 

most did, and i'm someone who don't think he's been as bad as some on here think,but in the summer most identified  a new spine as being necessary for the team......centre forward,2 central midfielders and a centre half.

where as the manager of the time wanted a left back and apparantly walked because his wide midfielder turned us down on deadline day.

Guest Bolton Zulu

Sorry to break this news guys. Nolan's not had a good game for eighteen months. He's been trading on his reputation - so the chances are he'll fit straight in at SJP.  :coolsmiley:

Having said that he'll probably play out of his skin for the next three months.

Nolan is clearly a better player than Butt. Butts second touch is a tackle, and he has made about 5-6 penalties against us this season.

I prefer Butt. Say what you want about him but he's definately a fighter who gives his all. People say the same about nolan but i really don't agree. He has a decent shot on him but other then that, he offers nothing else. He's also extremley slow and about a half a stone overweight. He's the sort of player that rarely gets involved in play but might come up with a decent shot on goal now and again, then go back to doing nothing.

Barton is better than Nolan, but Butt is far worse than both. He's been a disgrace this season.

Maybe i'm wrong about Butt and his performances this season but honestly speaking, if someone said that spurs were gonna sign either him or nolan, i'd go with Nicky (maybe it's because of the type of midfielder he is, i don't know). He's been motm the last couple of times we've played you at the Lane.

barton was...he's done nothing on the pitch for us to live up to the good player he was at citeh

Exactly. He's falling into the Smith, Duff category for me. He has been a bit unlucky with injuries but his problems off the field have kept him out for even longer. Overpaid wasters. I think Viduka is now in this category too because he's just too injury prone.

Amazing how someone outside of the club can sometimes see a player as absolutely nothing near the reality.  When you were describing Nolan there I actually thought you were describing Butt for a minute.. minus having a good shot that is.  He does nothing at all, he's slow and the only time he does really get involved he either gives the ball away trying some Hollywood pass he can't achieve or gives away a penalty trying to make a tackle he used to be able to make..  He has the odd extremely rare game where he rolls back the years and does well, but the rest of the time he costs us dearly.

Thought Butt was very far from motm last time at the lane, played pretty well though. He's honestly been bad beyond belief this season, can't put it into words. Can't pass, can't run, poor reading of the game in general. Occasionally a half decent performance, usually interspersed by concession of a pen. He's utter, utter wank.

He's been a fucking disaster. Hardly pulled up trees when on the pitch as well, although to be fair to the psychopath he's probably never been 100% fit.

Bingo, he's been a disaster due to him being a fucking idiot off the pitch and his injuries on it, but he hasn't suddenly turned into a poor Footballer.  When he's had a run of games he's started to look like the player he was at City, unfortunately its always been cut short, amazingly short this time around.

No doubt he's played shit for years, but I've seen him score at least 1 good goal in those years. Therefore he's better than Smith/Geremi/Butt.

If Bolton fans think otherwise, how about we give them all those players and we get Nolan. I'd accept that trade tbh.

SSN now saying medical in the morning

SSN now saying medical in the morning

medical is brilliant, more like him and we'd be challenging for europe.

dunno about brilliant, i'd have him in over smithy though.

Sorry to break this news guys. Nolan's not had a good game for eighteen months. He's been trading on his reputation - so the chances are he'll fit straight in at SJP.  :coolsmiley:

I don't rate him, but the bid in bold would make the signing worth it.

I'm assuming that we are struggling to sign any other players, and our only fit CM at the moment is Nicky Butt, so to say that are desperate would be the understatement of the century.

Also, Yorkie, you do know that Guthrie and Barton wont be injured forever, right? You've made your point, and it's a fair one for a few weeks, but surely you can accept the fact that "long" term, he will hopefully replace Butt, so discussing him partnering Guthrie or Barton shouldn't isn't strange or wrong at all.

Now that's what I call hedging your bets.

Guest Bolton Zulu

Now that's what I call hedging your bets.

Not really. Happens a lot with a change of club. I think he's a great player, particularly his attitude. He's been bobbins for quite a while though. Lost his way a bit.

Guest sittingontheball

He's better than Colo or Cacapa in midfield for starters. I thought Allardyce would have brought him when he came.

More bodies to come in, I hope.

Has Barton scored for us from open play?