Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Nolan gets into goalscoring areas which is something all of our players lack, we definitely need more players with a goal instinct. Other than getting goals he's always struck me as a fairly s*** footballer, very basic in a Vinnie Jones sort of way. Might get us the goal which saves our premier status so we'll have to go with it I suppose.

he does the basics. wins the ball,retains it well and gives it to his team. looks to get on the end of things and will try and get beyong the forwards.

don't expect defence spitting eye of a needle type passes.

slightly worse than scott parker but with more of an eye for goal imo.

He's a lot worse than Parker imo.

Nolan is a slow midfield clogger whose knack of hitting a few nice volleys each season has bought him a reputation that he doesn't match up to. The price isn't that big though so if he gets a couple of those volleys to move you up the table then he'll pay his fee back.

in a nutshell.

Well unfortunately, I don't see them lining up round the corner to jump aboard the sinking ship, so we can only take anything with decent Premiership experience.

Nolan will be a fantastic signing for us. Exactly what we need.

HE puts in 100% all the time and will get more goals than an of our midfield.

I think its a knee jerk move from the Barton injury but a good one.

I think we will certainly still be going all out to get one of Veloso/Mbia/Donadel/Quashie, ok hopefully not Quashie. Could very well see us step aside from Veloso as part of the Nolan agreement.

Nolan will be a solid player to add to what we have right now, he might not be a world beater but he is a better option than Ferguson or Quashie and will give us an extra option.

Cant see how anyone can complain given the state we are in. In an ideal world we would be looking at players on top of their game not getting them to recapture it, but we are far from said world.

Rings a bell - see Joey Barton.

Hope he will be a great signing but past experience tell me that playing for Newcastle usually means you become shit!

If we get Taylor, Ebondo, Nolan and a striker of any sorts, i think we can consider it a good window, and perhaps a good thing that Ashley turned up at Man City, be a good window, especially as we expected no players at all!

I am just pleased we are being linked with ANYONE.

Anyone clear on the date that players have to be registered in order to play the mackems yet?

Hope he will be a great signing but past experience tell me that playing for Newcastle usually means you become s***!

Thats alright Nolan is apparently shit to begin with, maybe it will work in reverse?

I'm desperate for this to go through. Everytime i have seen Bolton play at SJP Nolan has been the one constant thorn in our side, he's got a brilliant no nonsense attitude which we are desperate for.

He's certainly not a flair player but he will hang at the edge of the box and chip in with a few, as well as fight the fight in midfield. 

Guest Heneage

What's the deadline for getting him registered for this weekend?  Passed already I'm guessing.

12pm Friday I think?

definitly friday....think it's 5pm

I'm basing it on seeming to think that Redknapp mentioned it in relation to Palacios.

Hope he will be a great signing but past experience tell me that playing for Newcastle usually means you become shit!

Joey Barton is exactly what we need at the moment, problem is despite being a good player he has also had a fair few injuries and mental moments.

Barton is better than Nolan.

Guest kingdawson

Nolan is clearly a better player than Butt. Butts second touch is a tackle, and he has made about 5-6 penalties against us this season.

I prefer Butt. Say what you want about him but he's definately a fighter who gives his all. People say the same about nolan but i really don't agree. He has a decent shot on him but other then that, he offers nothing else. He's also extremley slow and about a half a stone overweight. He's the sort of player that rarely gets involved in play but might come up with a decent shot on goal now and again, then go back to doing nothing.

Nolan is clearly a better player than Butt. Butts second touch is a tackle, and he has made about 5-6 penalties against us this season.

I prefer Butt. Say what you want about him but he's definately a fighter who gives his all. People say the same about nolan but i really don't agree. He has a decent shot on him but other then that, he offers nothing else. He's also extremley slow and about a half a stone overweight. He's the sort of player that rarely gets involved in play but might come up with a decent shot on goal now and again, then go back to doing nothing.

I trump you Jermaine Jenas.

Barton is better than Nolan, but Butt is far worse than both. He's been a disgrace this season.

Nolan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>Butt

Teamsheet:

CM: Nolan - Veloso

:smug:

But in reality, Butt - Smith.   Let's face it.   :kinnear: 

:nods:

(:kinnear:)

Butt is not a fighter and he does not give it his all.  The plucky, hard working, "say what you will..." myth about Nicky Butt is just that.  If he were not English he would not be playing Premiership football.  Simple as that.  Even at his peak he was average.  Now he can't pass, he can't run and he is old as fuck.  No other team in this league would have him playing in their first team - none.

Guest kingdawson

Barton is better than Nolan, but Butt is far worse than both. He's been a disgrace this season.

Barton is 10 times the player Nolan is.

Maybe i'm wrong about Butt and his performances this season but honestly speaking, if someone said that spurs were gonna sign either him or nolan, i'd go with Nicky (maybe it's because of the type of midfielder he is, i don't know). He's been motm the last couple of times we've played you at the Lane.