Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

I think he is a cracking signing, he might mot be Gerrard or Lampard but I tell you one thing, he will give you 100% and is a fighter, and believe it we need players like this in the relegation scrap, Ryan Taylor is in the same mold as Nolan, another good signing, we dont need expensive prima donas who wear gloves  and leggings and are always on the treatment table.

I think he is a cracking signing, he might mot be Gerrard or Lampard but I tell you one thing, he will give you 100% and is a fighter, and believe it we need players like this in the relegation scrap, Ryan Taylor is in the same mold as Nolan, another good signing, we dont need expensive prima donas who wear gloves  and leggings and are always on the treatment table.

someone had to jinx it i suppose

“I know Kevin really well and he is a quality goal-scoring midfielder – and there aren’t too many of those about when you look around the Premier League.

“He is a box-to-box midfielder and when you think about the injury problems Newcastle have got, he is an excellent signing for them. He has played in the Premier League for seven years now and he’s still only 26, so he’s still got plenty of years left.

“They’ve also got him on the cheap when you think a player like Wilson Palacios has gone to Tottenham for £14m this month, so it’s a good bit of business by Joe and I’m sure they are relieved at making the breakthrough in the transfer market.”

Guest Mucky01

To be fair to Nolan, Bolton isn't exactly a club you're going to thrive at if you're a midfielder. They play far too direct for the midfielders to get properly involved.

my feelings exactly, it was the same for Guthrie as well.

To be fair to Nolan, Bolton isn't exactly a club you're going to thrive at if you're a midfielder. They play far too direct for the midfielders to get properly involved.

So do we under JFK.

“I know Kevin really well and he is a quality goal-scoring midfielder – and there aren’t too many of those about when you look around the Premier League.

“He is a box-to-box midfielder and when you think about the injury problems Newcastle have got, he is an excellent signing for them. He has played in the Premier League for seven years now and he’s still only 26, so he’s still got plenty of years left.

“They’ve also got him on the cheap when you think a player like Wilson Palacios has gone to Tottenham for £14m this month, so it’s a good bit of business by Joe and I’m sure they are relieved at making the breakthrough in the transfer market.”

Why the hell is Sam commenting ? Where is he commenting ?

It was in the Journal article.

he was manager at Bolton and us? sort of makes sense that he would comment.

he was manager at Bolton and us? sort of makes sense that he would comment.

I know just seemed strange that at this time of year when he is Blackburn manager someone would ring him up and ask him what he thought about Nolan signing for Newcastle rather than talking to him about the lack of signings at Blackburn

From a long vested interest in M'Bia, a quick association with Veloso, we end up with Kevin f*cking Nolan having a medical.

5 years ago I would have been pleased.

Surely it's a better signing now than five years ago? Then we could have better players than Nolan, now we absolutely need the likes of him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If this was MBia or Veloso this thread would be double the length

I think Nolan will be far more influential in us staying up than these 2

If this was MBia or Veloso this thread would be double the length

I think Nolan will be far more influential in us staying up than these 2

Exactly.  It may take MBia or Veloso several games before they settle and start playing well.  We need performances now.

Surely it's a better signing now than five years ago? Then we could have better players than Nolan, now we absolutely need the likes of him.

Scoring close to 10 goal a season back then, would have been delighted to get a midfielder who was up to that much in the scoring stakes.

Done nothing this season. 

Would be interesting to know why Bolton are allowing him to leave so easily?