Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Guest neesy111

If this was MBia or Veloso this thread would be double the length

I think Nolan will be far more influential in us staying up than these 2

nolan has been in a few relegation battle's with bolton and we need a battler like him not foreign player's who may or may not be up for it

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bolton boss Gary Megson has confirmed Kevin Nolan is on the verge of joining Newcastle.

Nolan has travelled to Tyneside for talks and a medical after Newcastle agreed a fee in the region of £4.5million for the midfielder.

Megson admitted he knew little about Nolan's proposed move to St James' Park.

"The situation as we speak is that the club received a bid from Newcastle which the club accepted and he's up there having a medical at the moment," said Megson.

"For any more details that you're going to need or want to know you will have to go to the press office of the football club and they will let you know what we're doing.

"That's as far as I'm going to go with it."

SSN

Surely it's a better signing now than five years ago? Then we could have better players than Nolan, now we absolutely need the likes of him.

Scoring close to 10 goal a season back then, would have been delighted to get a midfielder who was up to that much in the scoring stakes.

Done nothing this season. 

Would be interesting to know why Bolton are allowing him to leave so easily?

He's 26, I'm certain he could rekindle the form of 03 to 06. 

Bolton boss Gary Megson has confirmed Kevin Nolan is on the verge of joining Newcastle.

Nolan has travelled to Tyneside for talks and a medical after Newcastle agreed a fee in the region of £4.5million for the midfielder.

"The situation as we speak is that the club received a bid from Newcastle which the club accepted and he's up there having a medical at the moment," said Megson.

"For any more details that you're going to need or want to know you will have to go to the press office of the football club and they will let you know what we're doing.

SSN

Megson sounds pretty fucked off there... fingers crossed this has been a decision made over his head that he's not happy about

Guest neesy111

SSN

Megson sounds pretty fucked off there... fingers crossed this has been a decision made over his head that he's not happy about

certainly sounds like it

Surely it's a better signing now than five years ago? Then we could have better players than Nolan, now we absolutely need the likes of him.

Scoring close to 10 goal a season back then, would have been delighted to get a midfielder who was up to that much in the scoring stakes.

At Newcastle? Unlikely.

At Newcastle? Unlikely.

have faith! bolton are a nothing club, always going nowhere. At least here its more exciting, for good or bad. We have an amazing stadium and training ground, these kind of things can put a spring in your step, plus I'm sure he'll sample some of the bigg market too :lol:

Answered yourself.

And, apparently, done next to nothing for a couple seasons now.

If this was MBia or Veloso this thread would be double the length

I think Nolan will be far more influential in us staying up than these 2

The key to this being a good signing would be signing one of those two as well, or Donadel. A total re-vamp of the engine room would be just what the doctor ordered. Unlikely but maybe the sale of Given and Zog might loosen the purse strings.

Guest toonlass

Fucking negativity is astounding. We need grafters, players who have bottle, who can dig in. This lad was captain of Bolton, so he has motivational skills as well as being a grafter. He can score goals. Give yourselves a shake.

Fucking negativity is astounding. We need grafters, players who have bottle, who can dig in. This lad was captain of Bolton, so he has motivational skills as well as being a grafter. He can score goals. Give yourselves a shake.

:thup:

I forgot about the captaincy as well, I say give him the armband straight away, we've got nobody else to wear the thing.

Amen to that.

Technically he maybe fairly average but he is a battler and can force the game onto the opposition. Added to that he is a captain and a penalty taker (should we ever get one).

This isn't a good signing because he's a great player but a good signing because he's a good player at a resonable price.

:thup:

I forgot about the captaincy as well, I say give him the armband straight away, we've got nobody else to wear the thing.

I was thinking that too. Straight into the deep end against the Mackems, with the arm band. One of the few players who i think could handle the pressure.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Im actually really chuffed about this, he's a quality midfielder, hasnt exactly set the world alight this season but he's a grafter with a good fighting spirit !!

I was thinking that too. Straight into the deep end against the Mackems, with the arm band. One of the few players who i think could handle the pressure.

he seems like a good candidate, was having the captaincy conversation in the pub and there didn't seem to be any decent candidate, nolan would seem like the best choice

he seems like a good candidate, was having the captaincy conversation in the pub and there didn't seem to be any decent candidate, nolan would seem like the best choice

If Beye was a couple of years younger he would be the outstanding guy but right now we need a Barton or Nolan.

Aye Owen being Captain was a disgrace once he said he would not sign a new deal now, not a good message to the rest of the squad a non dedicated player being Captain. BUT giving it to a new signing is not good too, Beye for me should have it but he is out so maybe give it to Harper for Sunday.

Aye Owen being Captain was a disgrace once he said he would not sign a new deal now, not a good message to the rest of the squad a non dedicated player being Captain. BUT giving it to a new signing is not good too, Beye for me should have it but he is out so maybe give it to Harper for Sunday.

Maybe giving it to a new signing like Nolan will be like when a new boss comes in at work, everyone tows the line for a while until they find out what's going on.

If we bring him in to boss the midfield, then maybe giving him the armband will boost his authority and help him motivate the players around him more.

Maybe giving it to a new signing like Nolan will be like when a new boss comes in at work, everyone tows the line for a while until they find out what's going on.

If we bring him in to boss the midfield, then maybe giving him the armband will boost his authority and help him motivate the players around him more.

Nah they would resent him for getting it without even having to try

Guest neesy111

5 minutes to get him registered in time for sunday!

i think it could be 5pm deadline for sunday

yeah i was thinking that