Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

You can imagine what his adviser has told him

"Sign for them, you'll play many times in your fave position and a year or so down the line we'll get you a big move to Spurs like Palacios"

Que a delighted Charlie...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00468/nzogbia_280x390_468358a.jpg

Would love it if he went the way of Bernard...really would.

"Sign for them, you'll play many times in your fave position and a year or so down the line we'll get you a big move to Spurs like Palacios"

Would love it if he went the way of Bernard...really would.

What, running a crepe shop? Is one not enough, you fat fucker?

Good deal for Wigan. They'll get a profit when he moves on just like we did on Zog. Steve Bruce has risen in my estimation today.

indeed... wigan now much more dangerous team than i expect before :undecided:

f*** me! with Zoggy there?  lol  He's dogshite

even zog is average his attribute is pace. imagine now. wigan now got pace in both wings. not a team i would expect us to face.

franz carr was very fast....pace is pointless if you dont have the intelligence to use it.

pace is talent. intelligence is to be teach. so it's bruce job to sort this out. and i think bruce will manage it.

pace is talent....take a look at the lower leagues theres plenty of it. footy nouse isn't taught, it can come with experience. after 114 games he's only slightly better than his debut.

he play for 6 manager FFS. experience equal to teach.

pace is plenty in lower league??... are you having a laugh :lol:

Guest Heneage

Take that money and buy Donadel.

As for N'Zogbia.

His reasons for leaving were childish and have made no-one but himself and his agent look foolish. I remember all those years back watching him in the yellow away kit at West Brom as he smashed one off the post, and I thought he had talent then, and in Shearer's last season he showed glimpses of what he could be, a tricky winger, however sadly as his star grow it appears so did his ego. He needs to remember who made him, who for the last year has paid him handsome wages, despite him achieving very little. I imagine this whole saga will have dealt him a major reality check, he was made available for transfer, for around 7-8m (Depending on your valuation of Ryan Taylor) and Wigan were the only team to show interest and bid.

I'd personally attribute that to his attitude, what he and his agent seem to ignore, as that when you are attempting to generate a move away the idea is to make yourself appealing to potential suitors, I could understand if he said his working relationship with JFK had become impossible, but to quibble over the fact your name was mispronounced in an interview is laughable.

I think he will truly grasp what exactly he has given up when he steps out at the JJB stadium, to a lot of empty seats and a dodgy pitch. No more days of 40-50 odd thousand fans chanting his names, no more being treat like a God when he's out in Wigan's town centre, should he even venture there. Good Luck Charlie, cos you sure as hell are going to need it.

Good deal for Wigan. They'll get a profit when he moves on just like we did on Zog. Steve Bruce has risen in my estimation today.

indeed... wigan now much more dangerous team than i expect before :undecided:

f*** me! with Zoggy there?  lol  He's dogshite

even zog is average his attribute is pace. imagine now. wigan now got pace in both wings. not a team i would expect us to face.

franz carr was very fast....pace is pointless if you dont have the intelligence to use it.

pace is talent. intelligence is to be teach. so it's bruce job to sort this out. and i think bruce will manage it.

pace is talent....take a look at the lower leagues theres plenty of it. footy nouse isn't taught, it can come with experience. after 114 games he's only slightly better than his debut.

That must be why we have been able to sell him at 22 for £6m even though he hasn't been first choice left winger ahead of Duff.

Guest johnson293

Canny business for our owner who wont fuckin spend it.

Good deal tho i must admit, £6m and Taylor is way better than i thought we'd get for Charles.

Thats why I dont think we'll let Given go for poor money - if you look at the outgoing players since Ashley took over, we haven't let anyone go for crap money - and broke even or made money on most.

To name a few...

Parker - bought for £6.5m, sold for £7m

Dyer - Bought for £6m, sold for £7m

Milner Bought for £3.5m (ish), sold for £12m

N'Zogbia bought for £250,000, sold for £6m

Given Bought for £1.5m, sold for (potentially/hopefully) £8m (ish)

Christ, they even managed to arrange a circa £4m deal for Ameobi before he refused to go!!

Owen will obviously be the exception, because he's out of contract.

I remember all those years back watching him in the yellow away kit at West Brom as he smashed one off the post

Been thinking about that a lot today too. Feels like a long time ago, but was "only" back end of 2004.

Guest The Libertine

if he was never going to play for us again then who gives a fuck how good he is?

In that case why not let him go for 500k?

because wigan bid £6 million plus a player? an amazing deal considering the circumstances.

he could be the best player ever but if he's not going to play and desperately wants to leave then he's a waste of a squad number.

Guest BigTrev

they just said on ssn news that late night deals for nzog and taylor move closer do u think we are trying to get a medical tonight

So we are now getting outspent by clubs like Wigan, swapping our best players for money and inferior players didn't happen under the old board.

Very pleased with this deal, we've got someone much more needed by NUFC and a lot of money for it. Zog was woth no more than £3.5m in my opinion, and that was before his outburst.

Now we just need to ditch the manager.

So we are now getting outspent by clubs like Wigan, swapping our best players for money and inferior players didn't happen under the old board.

Very pleased with this deal, we've got someone much more needed by NUFC and a lot of money for it. Zog was woth no more than £3.5m in my opinion, and that was before his outburst.

Does not compute.

Guest neesy111

wigan have just recieved 18 million for 2 players

Guest neesy111

Interesting to see Joe admit there that "we have a quiet dressing room" :(

does not suprise me, especially with owen as club captain

Does not compute.

First line was a childish jibe (sorry).

hahaha. I posted something similar with his squad photo. class!