Newcastle United 1 - 1 Mackems - 01/02/09 - Post match reaction from page 26

JH

Deserved a draw, no more, no less....

Better second-half performance but they had the best chances in first half - an absorbing match even if the quality wasn't great.

Ameobi was just awful, but at least his pen was a good one - I was sure he would miss....

How any one can knock Enrique is a mystery to me - the lad was probably our best all round player, making just one bad pass ; great support to Jonas on the left and is faster than some people think.

It will be a bad error if he is sold, he is going to be a good player - I always thought so, and it looks as if he has been determined to prove himself ; we need that sort of attitude....

Jonas had some great chances to put in decent crosses, but failed to make most of them count although he WAS heavily marked and you can't knock his workrate and temperament.

Duff was - well, Duff..

Bassong very good, we would have lost without him, Harper also good apart from one mistake ; his block after we scored saved the game.

Coloccini looks unhappy with the physical style of the Prem and was caught out badly by Cisse for their goal...I'm still not certain about his long term prospects at NUFC,but he would probably be a success on the Continent if he returned there because he IS a good footballer.

Quiet but useful debut by Nolan - his tackling/chasing back will be vital if the club are to survive in the Prem. but sadly, I think this was a 'must win' game - the game at WBA will NOT be easy and in my view we are underdogs...if the game is lost, we will be firm favourites for the drop and I will raise my relegationmeter rating to 8 from a firm 7....

Deserved a draw, no more, no less....

Better second-half performance but they had the best chances in first half - an absorbing match even if the quality wasn't great.

Ameobi was just awful, but at least his pen was a good one - I was sure he would miss....

How any one can knock Enrique is a mystery to me - the lad was probably our best all round player, making just one bad pass ; great support to Jonas on the left and is faster than some people think.

It will be a bad error if he is sold, he is going to be a good player - I always thought so, and it looks as if he has been determined to prove himself ; we need that sort of attitude....

Jonas had some great chances to put in decent crosses, but failed to make most of them count although he WAS heavily marked and you can't knock his workrate and temperament.

Duff was - well, Duff..

Bassong very good, we would have lost without him, Harper also good apart from one mistake ; his block after we scored saved the game.

Coloccini looks unhappy with the physical style of the Prem and was caught out badly by Cisse for their goal...I'm still not certain about his long term prospects at NUFC,but he would probably be a success on the Continent if he returned there because he IS a good footballer.

Quiet but useful debut by Nolan - his tackling/chasing back will be vital if the club are to survive in the Prem. but sadly, I think this was a 'must win' game - the game at WBA will NOT be easy and in my view we are underdogs...if the game is lost, we will be firm favourites for the drop and I will raise my relegationmeter rating to 8 from a firm 7....

JK will find SOME way to knock Enrique - and then laud Ameobi, Duff and Butt to the skies....in fact he's already stated how Ameobi was 'forced' to play therefore making me think 'Damn, that Ameobi is one Geordie soldier.  What true battler he is.'

PISS OFF!

Guest firetotheworks

Jonas my MotM, with Enrique a very close second.

Bassong MotM, Jonas and Enrique fighting it out for second.

Agreed.

Anyone else witness the smoke bombs outside the Dog and Parrot? There was a mild panic when someone shouted "it's tear gas!", although i had a good laugh when another oik (and clearly a Call of Duty fan) screamed "OUR ARTILLERY VILL SHAKE ZEM UP!"

Some running against the coppers outside the station too, mainly by Newcastle fans who were just up for bother even after the mackems went home.

And finally a ridiculously camp fight between two Newcastle fans outside The Forth.

He was on a kill streak of 5? :lol:

Anyone else witness the smoke bombs outside the Dog and Parrot? There was a mild panic when someone shouted "it's tear gas!", although i had a good laugh when another oik (and clearly a Call of Duty fan) screamed "OUR ARTILLERY VILL SHAKE ZEM UP!"

Some running against the coppers outside the station too, mainly by Newcastle fans who were just up for bother even after the mackems went home.

And finally a ridiculously camp fight between two Newcastle fans outside The Forth.

He was on a kill streak of 5? :lol:

;D

I think it woulb be a good idea to have a big cage for the sundlund matches.

allow, so many fans in, and out per side,...always even numbers...no weapons.

the ones who want to can get on with it,.... proper fighting.

the others can avoid or watch through the cage,.

Maybe it could be on the pitch before the game and at half time.

Sounds like Millwall expect the home fans gets to stand outside the cage and throw things in.

Sounds like Millwall expect the home fans gets to stand outside the cage and throw things in.

I rekon joe Kinnear would be straight in.

I thought we really dominated them in the second-half. With replacements from a bench selected from Krul, Beye, N'Zogbia (or replacement), Owen, Martins, Viduka, Guthrie, or Barton we might have been able to go on and win it.

Guest neesy111

Jonas battled so hard but I find it quite incredible so many saw him as motm

aye the same, can he lift the ball off the ground cos I didn't see it much yesterday, if there was any1 I would say enrique

Guest optimistic nit

Coming out the Dog and Parrot we saw a mackem with a mackem air freshner dangling from his car. Obscenties where exchanged. He charged us with his car and his windscreen and door ended up smashed to hell. Chest puffing is one thing, serious battle is another.

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Taylor- 8-Did everything asked

Enrique-6- Started well but faded

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Nolan- 5- Totally ower owed

Butt-6- Kept things ticking

Guttieriez-5- Incapable of a decent final ball, rubbish.

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

those ratings are a joke tbh.

how can you give ameobi and carrol a 5 (the same as duff, jonas and nolan) when we dominated sunderland for the whole game and only lost because carrol and ameobi we're playing stuck in the mud for shits and giggles.

Anyone know where I can download the version of Local Hero they played in Sam Jacks before the game?Its got that classic music, then sort of a talk over by a fan, then local hero. Wouldnt mind downloading it.

Look at the team we COULD have fielded against the scums if we had a injury-free team.

Harper

Beye - Coloccini - Bassong - Enrique

Jonas - Barton - Nolan

Martins - Owen - Viduka

Thats a quality change if you ask me. ah well

Thats not bad at all in fairness