Newcastle United 1 - 1 Mackems - 01/02/09 - Post match reaction from page 26

JH

Guest toonlass

Any excuse to show Taylor's cheating against Villa. :lol:

Cheating?! You ever had a mitre to the chest, it fucking wrecks! :lol:

A penny floater blasted to the cheek on a cold day smarts like hell too.

It would be useful if you could make your nose bleed on command. Any handball could be covered up by falling to the floor and holding your face.

Might look a tad suspicious if you use this ploy more than five times and it's only September.

I think he played 70 minutes longer than Kinnear said he was going to give him  :undecided:

What Kinnear says and does are two different things, he was probably talking about somebody else anyway and got the names wrong.

Guest toonlass

I think he played 70 minutes longer than Kinnear said he was going to give him  :undecided:

What Kinnear says and does are two different things, he was probably talking about somebody else anyway and got the names wrong.

Would explain why Joe said he would like Messi and we end up being linked to Barry Ferguson. Lost in translation between Joe and Dennis the dwarf!

My friend and i looked like proper idiots when celebrating the "2-1" goal, running around and screaming like hell.

Must have been one dodgy view looking from outside the house  :lol:

Still dont understand what he stopped the play for though being a little drunk (didnt see the foul, only the goal), was it a foul?

Right arm.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Ameobi, what a donkey.

Watching the game again.

He was, he played 75 minutes longer than I'd have given him.

Caulkin in the Times gave him 6 and Enrique 5. :idiot2:

I'd be surprised by that assessment - if he wasn't a journalist !

That is a total and utter joke

Coming out the Dog and Parrot we saw a mackem with a mackem air freshner dangling from his car. Obscenties where exchanged. He charged us with his car and his windscreen and door ended up smashed to hell. Chest puffing is one thing, serious battle is another.

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Taylor- 8-Did everything asked

Enrique-6- Started well but faded

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Nolan- 5- Totally ower owed

Butt-6- Kept things ticking

Guttieriez-5- Incapable of a decent final ball, rubbish.

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

jonas rubbish? are you sure?

Seriously Lovejoy, the kid has zero end product and it was painfully obvious today.

you have to remember he was playing on the wrong side though.

i think he was on the left to compensate for enriques short comings defensively, which i thought he did very well.

Coming out the Dog and Parrot we saw a mackem with a mackem air freshner dangling from his car. Obscenties where exchanged. He charged us with his car and his windscreen and door ended up smashed to hell. Chest puffing is one thing, serious battle is another.

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

Seriously Lovejoy, the kid has zero end product and it was painfully obvious today.

i think he was on the left to compensate for enriques short comings defensively, which i thought he did very well.

i think the left is his better side and enriques looks a much better player with him there

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

But Jonas has been on the left our last four games or so. He plays on the left for Argentina and did for Mallorca as well. Also, Keegan played Jonas on the left as well (the Man Utd an.d Bolton games).

edit: agreeing with madras, enrique and jonas have worked well together the past couple of games.

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

But Jonas has been on the left our last four games or so. He plays on the left for Argentina and did for Mallorca as well. Also, Keegan played Jonas on the left as well (the Man Utd and Bolton games).

i'm not saying he cant play there, im syaing he isnt naturally left footed, thus his final delivery suffers.

Anybody else think our second half performance was very similar to JK`s Wimbleon team? Were papering over the cracks to be honest, without that penalty we were never going to score. Im sick of hearing about all our problems tbh, what i wanted yesterday after 65/70 mins was Joe to have the bollocks to change the system and go for a win, maybe to switch duff and jonas sides, bring xisco on and take butt off, really give it everything. but he didnt, he preferred to go on motd afterwards and complain about points dropped, NEWSFLASH joe its your fucking job to get us those points.

:kinnear: has got to go. Theres plenty of managers Id rather have that would come here,  Aidy Boothroyd for one, Paul Jewel another, even Roy Keane would do a better job. Honestly That was a shocking NUFC team yesterday, we were very very lucky to get a draw.

I take my hat off to Enrique and Jonas though, at least they gave it 100%

Anybody else think our second half performance was very similar to JK`s Wimbleon team? Were papering over the cracks to be honest, without that penalty we were never going to score. Im sick of hearing about all our problems tbh, what i wanted yesterday after 65/70 mins was Joe to have the bollocks to change the system and go for a win, maybe to switch duff and jonas sides, bring xisco on and take butt off, really give it everything. but he didnt, he preferred to go on motd afterwards and complain about points dropped, NEWSFLASH joe its your fucking job to get us those points.

:kinnear: has got to go. Theres plenty of managers Id rather have that would come here,  Aidy Boothroyd for one, Paul Jewel another, even Roy Keane would do a better job. Honestly That was a shocking NUFC team yesterday, we were very very lucky to get a draw.

I take my hat off to Enrique and Jonas though, at least they gave it 100%

pretty much bang on with that, he's a travesty...i said it elsewhere but 25% of the game was played in the middle 3rd of the pitch...any ideas why?  answers on a postcard

My dad and I both simultaneously burst out laughing during the match yesterday when the commentator, after Butt fucked up a pass, said "He doesn't do that very often".

About 5 people in the pub where I was shouted "You what?" when they said at half time that Sunderland "dominated" the first half and had a "well deserved" half time lead.

Anyone else witness the smoke bombs outside the Dog and Parrot? There was a mild panic when someone shouted "it's tear gas!", although i had a good laugh when another oik (and clearly a Call of Duty fan) screamed "OUR ARTILLERY VILL SHAKE ZEM UP!"

Some running against the coppers outside the station too, mainly by Newcastle fans who were just up for bother even after the mackems went home.

And finally a ridiculously camp fight between two Newcastle fans outside The Forth.

Harper - 7 (good save towards then after Taylors error, unlucky on the goal)

Taylor - 6.5 (won a pen, got forward ok, defensively not so good)

Coloccini - 6 (wasn't as outbossed as i thought he would be, error for their goal)

Bassong - 8.5 (MOM, very good performance espec THAT tackle, Jones wasn't interested after that)

Enrique - 8 (best performance i've seen from him in a NUFC shirt)

Duff - 4.5 (does nowt, no end product, didn't even track McCartney well in first 45)

Nolan - 7 (Solid enough, good to see him talking to the others and constantly in the refs ear)

Butt - 6 (average, still needs replacing though)

Jonas - 7.5 (would be higher if he could cross, skinning players for fun though)

Carroll - 7 (held ball up well, won a few headers)

Shola - 5 (didn't do the above, good pen though)