Bent or Martins?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love Oba too, but realistically this is a tough one. Think I'd edge slightly more towards Martins.

But that might be because you know what you have and aren't sure of what you'd get.

Assuming there is something in it, are you happy it's not happened or would you have preferred Bent?

I'd have mixed feelings tbh. Good player in, good player out. :undecided:

Precisely, at best we'd be standing still. Would represent no improvement and whilst Bent isn't slow, we'd have lost a hell of a lot of pace. Aswell as a fans' favourite.

Martins, any day of the week. Love the guy to pieces.

Martins. Without a doubt.

Bent relies too much on confidence, and lets be honest, when you play for Newcastle United you cant afford to have fragile confidence.

Alos, Oba gives us that spark; that burst of pace and can totally change a game at the toss of a hat. Bent cant do that. Oba is also better in the air (despite his size) and is generally more exciting to watch.

Darren Bent is (on his day) a very good player and at times a lethal finisher, but Martins is a hero on Tyneside.....I'd hate to see him leave.

I love Oba, but he's a permacrock.

Amount of niggly injuries he picks up is absurd.

not in his first season, or last season to be honest

Agreed. Ridiculous comment. :undecided:  'As perma-crocked as Owen', in the other thread aswell. :nope:

I love Oba, but he's a permacrock.

Amount of niggly injuries he picks up is absurd.

Umm, what? He missed only 5 league games in his first season and only 7 last season. And last season was when he was away for the ANC and was on the bench when Allardyce was here.

This is the only season that he's been injured more than once.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2419/obafemi_martins_injury.html?affid=77

8 injuries in 3 years, two of which happened after the season ended. Ridiculous to call him a perma-crock. You have a very short memory.