Ryan Taylor

Dave

Guest palnese

From what I remember he was absolutely fine until the Chelsea game

Was that before or after QPR away? SWP tore him to shreds.

15 clean sheets

Aye, best defensive unit we've had performance wise, that I can recall, and yet the LB was s**** defensively, laughable.

He was ffs :lol:

The results, when he was playing, would strongly suggest you are wrong (or clueless).

So one of the back four, who performed better than any other back four we've had for ages, was shite, yet the aforesaid back four remains one of the tightest we've had for years.

I'll take a shite fullback (by your yardstick) playing in a team not shipping goals any day of the week over owt else, seriously what else can be a meaningfull measure.

You must really hate Santon I reckon.

Guest Phil K

Agree with this and the above comment.

But Taylor is like Shola. He gets criticism ALL the time from the majority, with short memories and a desire to fit in with the ones doing the calling

Guest palnese

15 clean sheets

Aye, best defensive unit we've had performance wise, that I can recall, and yet the LB was s**** defensively, laughable.

The results, when he was playing, would strongly suggest you are wrong (or clueless).

So one of the back four, who performed better than any other back four we've had for ages, was shite, yet the aforesaid back four remains one of the tightest we've had for years.

I'll take a shite fullback (by your yardstick) playing in a team not shipping goals any day of the week over owt else, seriously what else can be a meaningfull measure.

:lol:

I think Santon is good, and will become top class in a few years.

Colo was the main reason our defence looked so good. That and Steven Taylor's good form, up until his injury. Even Williamson looked alright. Simpson saved us quite a few times as well.  + Krul.

How highly do you rate Simpson?

Win him 3 or 4 freekicks a game in certain areas and he'll get you a goal. Don't think we have space to carry his ability now though.

Would still start him over Jonas, no question.

15 clean sheets

So one of the back four, who performed better than any other back four we've had for ages, was s****, yet the aforesaid back four remains one of the tightest we've had for years.

I'll take a s**** fullback (by your yardstick) playing in a team not shipping goals any day of the week over owt else, seriously what else can be a meaningfull measure.

Colo was the main reason our defence looked so good. That and Taylor's good form, up until his injury. Even Williamson looked alright. Simpson saved us quite a few times as well.

Santon is NOT good yet, he could well be though, as he's still extremely young, he's a crap defender (so far).

Simpson is perfectly adequate, and gets way more stick than he deserves, although that's not to say couldn't be upgarded (or has been already) same category as Taylor, although Taylor is way more flexible in terms of roles within the team and I think we've really missed him this season because of that.

A back four is a unit, always has been, always will be. As I said earlier it's also often better than the sum of it's parts.

He's a quality squad player, people tend to underrate the guy imo, he's been pretty damn good for us when called upon. Look forward to him being available once more, especially for his set-pieces.

When is he back?

15 clean sheets

So one of the back four, who performed better than any other back four we've had for ages, was s****, yet the aforesaid back four remains one of the tightest we've had for years.

I'll take a s**** fullback (by your yardstick) playing in a team not shipping goals any day of the week over owt else, seriously what else can be a meaningfull measure.

Colo was the main reason our defence looked so good. That and Taylor's good form, up until his injury. Even Williamson looked alright. Simpson saved us quite a few times as well.

Santon is NOT good yet, he could well be though, as he's still extremely young, he's a crap defender (so far).

Simpson is perfectly adequate, and gets way more stick than he deserves, although that's not to say couldn't be upgarded (or has been already) same category as Taylor, although Taylor is way more flexible in terms of roles within the team and I think we've really missed him this season because of that.

A back four is a unit, always has been, always will be. As I said earlier it's also often better than the sum of it's parts.

So true.

Guest palnese

When we kept a clean sheet?

That's not the point though.

Ryan Taylor ‏@TaylorR1984

“@SeanMcdonald07: @TaylorR1984 are newcastle going to do a harlem shake?” I'll try and organise 1, it's on the to do list

Please don't :(

I think Citys is class :lol:

Overall City TV is really good, it´s a shame we can´t have something similar.

What is the point of a defender, if not keeping clean sheets.

If we are claiming Taylor had a good game at QPR, or we defended or played well. I'm done.

QPR away last season? That we got a point in that game :lol:

Yeah you didn't watch the game.

???

Guest palnese

Did you watch the game?

Did you watch the game?

Which one of the 15 clean sheets do you refer to.

Look, I have had to suffer some REALLY shit defenders in my time (Glen Keeley springs to mind), anyone who is part of a defence with the record they had last season is not a shit defender. Their record proves that incontrovertibly.

Ryan Taylor may not be a sooper dooper footballer but he was part of one of the best defences we've had for one hell of a long time.