Ryan Taylor

Dave

He is going to come on against Sunderland for a 15 minute "over the wall" cameo. Star written prophecy, the black and white gods devising a cunning plan to heap more misery on our mingin' neighbours during their travels to another division...

gone with the squad to Lisbon hasn't he?

I read that too, although I would expect it more to be a training/climatising role for him instead of getting some game time.

Guest Roger Kint

gone with the squad to Lisbon hasn't he?

I read that too, although I would expect it more to be a training/climatising role for him instead of getting some game time.

As if he would be getting game time :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130417/taylor-suffers-further-injury_2281670_3147418

Newcastle United are sad to announce that Ryan Taylor has suffered a further cruciate knee injury.

Taylor, aged 28, and with 91 United appearances under his belt, injured his knee in the early stages of the home Europa League qualifier against Atromitos last August, undergoing surgery shortly after to repair the ligament damage.

After making good progress over the past eight months and having just returned to training, this latest news is a massive blow to the popular player.

Manager Alan Pardew said: "Ryan has worked so hard and diligently since his injury.

"He has been a model patient and has given his all to ensure he could return to full training in the best condition possible. Clearly everyone at the Club is deeply saddened by this news.

"Ryan has, and will continue to, receive the full support of everyone at Newcastle United during this difficult time for him."

It is likely that Taylor will miss the majority, if not all, of next season.

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Tim Krul will undergo surgery on Monday after dislocating his shoulder in the Tyne-Wear derby last Sunday. The Club expects him to return to training at the end of July.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130417/taylor-suffers-further-injury_2281670_3147418

Newcastle United are sad to announce that Ryan Taylor has suffered a further cruciate knee injury.

Taylor, aged 28, and with 91 United appearances under his belt, injured his knee in the early stages of the home Europa League qualifier against Atromitos last August, undergoing surgery shortly after to repair the ligament damage.

After making good progress over the past eight months and having just returned to training, this latest news is a massive blow to the popular player.

Manager Alan Pardew said: "Ryan has worked so hard and diligently since his injury.

"He has been a model patient and has given his all to ensure he could return to full training in the best condition possible. Clearly everyone at the Club is deeply saddened by this news.

"Ryan has, and will continue to, receive the full support of everyone at Newcastle United during this difficult time for him."

It is likely that Taylor will miss the majority, if not all, of next season.

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Tim Krul will undergo surgery on Monday after dislocating his shoulder in the Tyne-Wear derby last Sunday. The Club expects him to return to training at the end of July.

Jesus, terrible news. More injuries ffs. :jesuswept:

Just seen this on his twitter feed from last thursday too

Ryan Taylor ‏@TaylorR1984 11 Apr

Looking forward to the game tonight. I'd love this to be the last game I miss out on this season.

Didn't realise he was so close to returning too  :jesuswept: