Ryan Taylor

Dave

Woohoo! Yay for making money. :thup:

Yay for getting rid of a player who doesn't want to be here, and getting a player who does with similar end product.

But no, you're right. Let's get this mass suicide going, shall we?

Yay for getting rid of a player who doesn't want to be here, and getting a player who does with similar end product.

You go first. ;)

The point is that making money on a deal is nothing at all to be proud of unless that money goes back into making the team/squad better. Having a healthy bank balance won't help us stay up, will it.

You go first. ;)

I'm not doing it, I'm just waiting for the rest of the forum to do it.

Yay for totally missing the point ;)

Unless we can use that money to bribe the Premier League into giving us some free points, I don't see how it helps us.

Club's being run more responsibly dont you know  :cheesy:

Unless we can use that money to bribe the Premier League into giving us some free points, I don't see how it helps us.

I'm not so sure it is tbh. As I said elsewhere, he's taking a massive gamble here.

I'm not so sure it is tbh. As I said elsewhere, he's taking a massive gamble here.

If it comes off, will it give Shearer more to spend in summer? ;)

Sorry mate. Was taking the piss. Agree that its a monumental gamble

Sorry mate. Was taking the piss. Agree that its a monumental gamble

I know you were, just pre-empting someone taking it seriously. ;)

taylor is a good championship full-back who has had freakishly bad injury problems that have hindered his development. i think he has a bit of talent but im not entirely convinced of his ability to play consistently at this level yet, because that's not something he's ever done, so far.  his danger at set pieces could come in useful though.

he's a backup right-back, not a winger or anything else. in an ideal world he'd come in occasionly when others are injured but instead it is straight in at the deep end.

The three players we've brought in are distinctly average, with Taylor probably being the one I'm happiest about, at least he's young. We won't ever get back the £4m we spent on Nolan though.

nolan is only 26 so only 2 years older should have his best years with us and dont say in the championship

Ignore him, he is a moron who clearly doesn't know who Kevin Nolan is. My guess is he thinks we have signed Kevin Davies or someone completed unrelated.

He will keep banging on about him though, forever!

I fully appreciate that, but my comment wasn't really about the money.  It was in response to those that have effectively written him off already when all the important stats would suggest he's a better player than N'Zogbia so at least we've strengthened the squad.  Enough?  Definitely not.

Guest sicko2ndbest

nufctv interview

STaylor and a few of the other lads told JK i was availible and we went from there!

About sums up JKs knoledge of the transfer dealings

:(

nufctv interview

STaylor and a few of the other lads told JK i was availible and we went from there!

About sums up JKs knoledge of the transfer dealings

:(

What we really need is a scouting network.

Got a feeling people are going to expect too much from this lad like some did of Nolan on his debut.

Basically this lad is going to offer us the same kind of threat Geremi does on the wing only with more legs, he will pull off the occasional quality cross and will be more of a threat from freekicks, not just shooting but also delivery into the box. He won't be tearing defenders apart or going on mazy runs like Jonas does. I would imagine he would compliment Jonas quite well though as he will give us a different kind of threat and would be comfortable switching with Jonas throughout a match. Unfortunately I can still see Duff being the starting right winger.

He will be a better back up than Edgar at right back and will be our only realistic cover for Enrique at left back (moving Bassong really shouldn't be an option). He will "do a job" and will get forward well but I can't see him being a first choice regular in defence when everyone if fit.

At the end of the day (footballer talk) he isn't going to come in and be anything special. He will be a decent player who can cover a few positions in the side. Lets not expect too much and get dissapointed but lets also not right him off as worse than shite when he comes in and doesn't make Beye look like Steven Carr.

Might be a canny player to have on the right for away games in particular, where sometimes graft more than skill can be the trick. I'd prefer to see him playing than Duff.

I don't think he's a bad signing really and agree that expectations shouldn't be too high because he's scored a few wondergoals against us.

I kind of get the feeling that JFK was allowed to run the last transfer window on his own, that he made a plea to Ashley that it should be the Managers job and he'll show Ashley how he can handle it. The fact that we made a bid for Nolan on the 29/30th and that other players told JFK that RTaylor was available increases my suspicions.

My expectations from him are pretty low actually.

You're not an atypical NUFC fan though, as you've said recently. I'm talking about the regulars at games who don't frequent the likes of this place (i.e. the majority).

You're not an atypical NUFC fan though, as you've said recently. I'm talking about the regulars at games who don't frequent the likes of this place (i.e. the majority).

:blush:

Patronising view tbh

:blush:

Patronising view tbh

Merely meant those that aren't addicted to the internet/stocked-up on to-the-minute news about NUFC and who generally aren't as negative as a lot on here are.

Wish I was one of them again to be honest. Ignorance is bliss.