Ryan Taylor

Dave

The one thing about Raylor that fills me with optimism is that having him in our team may add that little extra fear in the opponent.

I've had this feeling that for a while, the likes of Martins and Jonas get scythed down without the fear that we'd hurt a team from the set-piece.

Such a situation could leave opponents in two minds.

:thup:

Be very nice to actually have a threat from freekicks around the edge of the penalty area. It's been a long time.

But how many goals has he actually scored from freekicks?? Not that our current freekick takers score very often, lucky to hit the goal sometimes...

But i've heard that he's good at setpieces so we can only become better in that department..

The one thing about Raylor that fills me with optimism is that having him in our team may add that little extra fear in the opponent.

I've had this feeling that for a while, the likes of Martins and Jonas get scythed down without the fear that we'd hurt a team from the set-piece.

Be very nice to actually have a threat from freekicks around the edge of the penalty area. It's been a long time.

Exactly how good is he supposed to be at those direct freekicks though.

Only has four goals against us and two goals against Birmingham to show for it after 56 appearances at Wigan.

Guest firetotheworks

Ryan's delivery of a dead ball is absolutely unbelievable.  It is as good as anyone I've ever seen, ever worked with or been associated with – and that includes a certain gent who now plays in America.

:pow:

:smug:

great, too bad he's s*** at everything else

For f***'s sake... I've got to do something else for a bit, the negativity on here is spectacular.

Funnily enough, this was the same quote that made me decide to stop being on here for a bit, starting from.....now.

Only has four goals against us and two goals against Birmingham to show for it after 56 appearances at Wigan.

Basically, we're good for Man City matches, as I hear their new man between the sticks isn't so hot on shots from distance.

It's more than none, which is a step forward.

I'm upset that we didn't sign more, but I am happy that we signed Raylor and Nolan, and Lovenkrands has looked ok so far. Raylor is the kind of player you want in an injury-ravaged team, since he can play in a few positions competently. Also, he probably sees the club as a step up and will approach football here with determination and passion.

Same. I'm not expecting the world but it will be a great benefit to us if he's good from set-pieces. Would add a whole new dimension to our game.

Does he have much pace about him? I'm not sure.

Ryan's delivery of a dead ball is absolutely unbelievable.  It is as good as anyone I've ever seen, ever worked with or been associated with – and that includes a certain gent who now plays in America.

:pow:

:smug:

great, too bad he's s*** at everything else

For f***'s sake... I've got to do something else for a bit, the negativity on here is spectacular.

Funnily enough, this was the same quote that made me decide to stop being on here for a bit, starting from.....now.

I'm sorry, that was clearly a stupid comment. It's just that I've seen enough of Ryan Taylor to know that he's not capable of beating a man, which is quite important for a wing player and he's not a better defender than David Edgar.

Yes, he can take good free kicks but Nicky Butt takes good free kicks too. Yes, he's another body, but we don't need bodies, we need quality.

taylor is a good championship full-back who has had freakishly bad injury problems that have hindered his development. i think he has a bit of talent but im not entirely convinced of his ability to play consistently at this level yet, because that's not something he's ever done, so far.  his danger at set pieces could come in useful though.

he's a backup right-back, not a winger or anything else. in an ideal world he'd come in occasionly when others are injured but instead it is straight in at the deep end.

taylor is a good championship full-back who has had freakishly bad injury problems that have hindered his development. i think he has a bit of talent but im not entirely convinced of his ability to play consistently at this level yet, because that's not something he's ever done, so far.  his danger at set pieces could come in useful though.

he's a backup right-back, not a winger or anything else. in an ideal world he'd come in occasionly when others are injured but instead it is straight in at the deep end.

The three players we've brought in are distinctly average, with Taylor probably being the one I'm happiest about, at least he's young. We won't ever get back the £4m we spent on Nolan though.

Guest BigTrev

lets just hope he does simular to Bellamy ie average everywere before us then take off when he gets here! can i ask does he have any pace or skill or is he just good on free kicks? and where does he play best left ,right mid or at the back?

Guest BigTrev

The three players we've brought in are distinctly average, with Taylor probably being the one I'm happiest about, at least he's young. We won't ever get back the £4m we spent on Nolan though.

nolan is only 26 so only 2 years older should have his best years with us and dont say in the championship

Look at it this way. 

He effectively cost nothing, we made £6.5m on the deal, and despite playing half as much football, he got 3 goals and 3 assists in the league last season which is identical to N'Zogbia (and some people here would have you believe Zoggy was the dogs bollocks)

Look at it this way. 

He effectively cost nothing, we made £6.5m on the deal, and despite playing half as much football, he got 3 goals and 3 assists in the league last season which is identical to N'Zogbia (and some people here would have you believe Zoggy was the dogs bollocks)

We got £8m for him he can't have been that bad. Or maybe Steve Bruce is stupider than Joe Kinnear?