Your favourite player/s. Ever.

Syrette

Guest palnese

ive always liked the grafters... average footballers like scott parker,jimmy milner,  batty, bowyer ,nicky butt (man utd that is), alan smith some years ago..

those with heart and less skill..

ive always liked the grafters... average footballers like scott parker,jimmy milner,  batty, bowyer ,nicky butt (man utd that is), alan smith some years ago..

I can't tell if your joking or not

Guest palnese

I can't tell if your joking or not

no im not.. i know its stupid, but for some reason... :)

Guest timmy boy

Any one I ask who is from an older generation about Tony Green who isn't a Toon fan doesn't hold him in high regard at all, yet every Toon fan who saw him play raves about him like he was Best. His career on paper doesn't stand out at all. Albion Rovers, Blackpool and us with a handful of Scotland caps.

I tend to like fullbacks these days. I think Habib Beye is definitely up there despite his brief time here. Prior to that it has to be obvious ones like Pedro, Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Albert, Robert and Bellamy. A fit Woodgate as well, like poetry in motion at the back that lad when he was here.

Outside of the Toon I think Patrice Evra and Jose Bosingwa are good to watch. Think van Nistelrooy is a fantastic, fantastic footballer (not just goalscorer), Vieira was monstrous at Arsenal as well.

Not too keen on many non-NUFC players like, there's none I'd follow a team specifically for.

NUFC: Shearer by a long way. Beye, Martins, Albert, Solano and Speed to a lesser extent.

Non-NUFC: Henry, brilliant footballer. Vidic and Lampard are also up there too, along with Carrick.

nowt wrong with that mate, its what they contribute that counts. Some people are picking Arsprilla for having about 2 good games for the club.

Any one I ask who is from an older generation about Tony Green who isn't a Toon fan doesn't hold him in high regard at all, yet every Toon fan who saw him play raves about him like he was Best. His career on paper doesn't stand out at all. Albion Rovers, Blackpool and us with a handful of Scotland caps.

showing their ignorance, tbh

If he'd played for manu and been called Duncan Edwards they would sing a different tune, with all due respect to the late Duncan Edwards RIP

Guest Peter.Sthlm

NUFC: Alan Shearer

Other NUFC: Speed, Solano, Given and Beye

Non NUFC: Stefan Bergtoft - s*** player who always sat on the bench for my local team but somehow you had to love him. He was never good enough, he knew that himself, but he always gave it his best shot when he got to play.

He was also a real character off the pitch. Rumours has it that when the management of the club called him to their office to negotiate a new contract he came through the door and immediatly just signed the offer as quickly as he could before they would change their mind. That's how much he enjoyed playing for the club.

Other non NUFC: Batistuta and Overmars for no particular reason other then I loved watching them.

Favourite Newcastle players : Ginola, Solano, Albert, Ferdinand, Acuna

non NUFC :

Rui Costa ,

Batistuta,

Alex Del Piero,

Ariel Ortega,

Leonardo, Rai (from their Paris Saint Germain days),

Zamorano/Salas (what a strike force for Chile)

Marc Overmars,  Petit,

Martin Palermo

Maldini,

i'll always love asprilla for the fact he got off a plane from italy at about 10am the morning of 'boro away then came on and turned the game with his skill, he was magic

ginola will always be up there for me too

plenty i admire and hold in high regard (lee etc...) but probably ginola & shearer for the toon

i always thought Dejan Savićević was fuckin magic as well, that '94 CL final will stay with me forever, what a team