Your favourite player/s. Ever.

Syrette

NUFC: Shaka Hislop. I've always loved this guy. Can't even explain why. I loved it when he played for Newcastle, and I've followed his career since he left, from West Ham to the ESPN analyst desk.

Others: "King" Nwankwo "Papilo" Kanu. Easily my favorite footballer. It's not even close. I love his skill and him being nonchalant, and always smiling. Always been a warrior for Nigeria as well. I always felt an affinity to him as well beause growing up (and even today), I'm always one of the tallest and most awkward players on the pitch. I always thought, Kanu is tall and has clown feet, I can be a professional footballer too. :lol:

Ronaldo (Brazil): Best footballer I've ever seen. Incredible talent and he walways just seemed like a nice person. I thought instead of being arrogant, he was just thankful for the talent he had been given.

Robert was brilliant, my favourite player to watch after Pedro

Too inconsistent.

he was so good when he was on form it didn't matter. 12 goals in 03-04 is what he should be remembered for. And the fact he played such a massive part in turning us into a top 4 club

Guest Stephen927

Growing up Beckham was my favourite player.

Used to spend hours down at a field at West Allotment with my mates practising how to put spin on the ball.

Nowadays my favourite players are Lampard, C Ronaldo and Torres.

NUFC: Shearer, Beardsley, Nobby

Non NUFC: Beckham, Flo, Rekdal (The latter two for overturning a 0-1 defeat for Norway against Brazil to a 2-1 win in the last ten minutes in the 98 WC, making Norway qualify for the knockout stages for the first time in history.)

Used to spend hours down at a field at West Allotment with my mates practising how to put spin on the ball.

Bend it like Beckham, aye.

NUFC: Albert, Nobby because they loved the club; Ginola - amazing to watch the goal at the Gallowgate end against Ferencvaros. It was right in front of where I was sitting. Pure genius. Makes you weep when you think about what we watch now. I remember thinking at the time how lucky we were to be watching a team with those players in it. Also Tony Green only seen him a few times when I was a kid but he certainly left an impression on me. Sir Les - great bloke.

Other: erm no one

Guest Stephen927

Bend it like Beckham, aye.

:coolsmiley:

None of us were that good at it, was always best to try it on a windy day.  bluelaugh.gif