Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Guest Stephen927

Surely we need (and should be able to get) a new manager until the end of the season? Chris Hughton's record isn't inspiring enough for me to trust him until the end of the season. Avram Grant? Alan Curbishley? Anyone is better than no one.

I think this will be it for Joe in football as a manager, the next appointment for this club should be long term.

Surely we need (and should be able to get) a new manager until the end of the season? Chris Hughton's record isn't inspiring enough for me to trust him until the end of the season. Avram Grant? Alan Curbishley? Anyone is better than no one.

I think this will be it for Joe in football as a manager, the next appointment for this club should be long term.

Yes but the club will have more choice at the end of the season. If they want Bruce for example I doubt he'd come now.

Out of curiosity what was Moyes doing before he managed Everton?

Preston boss.

Ironically i would have the current Preston boss in, if we are looking to build for the future, who happened to be Moyes right hand man... Irvine.

I'm pleased he can walk away with his head held high. Joe might not be the best manager but he came in and steadied the ship and provided some leadership. I think he'll be remembered fondly for having a go and showing enthusiasm if nothing else.

Surely no matter how thick the board are they can realize that appointing Poyet would be a PR disaster of monumental proportions.

Why can't they just (gasp) get someone who's actually qualified for the job?

Shocking, I know.

sad news for joe, he seems a proud man and wanted to prove his heart wasnt an issue, where it clearly is.

will b einteresting to see who we go for, poyet or venables i reckon.

You reckon it's so set in stone that we will go for someone new? Ashley and Co will probably give it a couple of weeks and hope he gets better TBH.

If Portsmouth go for Sven, it'd be comical for us to turn to Venables, who isn't all that good and has already turned us down, or Poyet. Surely we are more attractive than Pompey, even with everything that's been going on?

We might as well make a hail mary punt for the likes of Sven or Scolari. No chance but asking can't hurt.

Terim or Deschamps would bring some much-needed class here but I have no idea how realistic they are.

Bruce or Curbishley are obvious choices if we're going for the safe option.

Martinez, Bothroyd, or even Ketsbaia if we're into rolling the dice.

My personal bet? Shearer. Because everything at this club must be absolutely fucking mental. It's the law you know.

If Portsmouth go for Sven, it'd be comical for us to turn to Venables, who isn't all that good and has already turned us down, or Poyet. Surely we are more attractive than Pompey, even with everything that's been going on?

Yes we are but i worry that the hierarchy at our club doesn't have a clue on footballing matters. Poyet or some other Spurs/Cockney related manager, would be the most likely outcome.

Yes we are but i worry that the hierarchy at our club doesn't have a clue on footballing matters. Poyet or some other Spurs/Cockney related manager, would be the most likely outcome.

Redknapp?