Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

This is a strange one, I cant see Kinnear being allowed to run the football club with this particular condition, unless he's suprememly arrogant and feels he can do the job anyway but with heart problems by his side i just cant see him staying, he'd be stupid to.

Its a bit of a PR disaster, theres no way the club can dump Kinnear and yet there doesnt seem to be a great chance of Kinnear being able to complete the job.

Martinez? Ketsbaia?

Martinez - 2 years experience.... risky?

Ketsbaia...... maybe

But under the current conditions...... you would take the chance if you were either of them?

Ketsbaia has less experience that Martinez by the way. To answer your question I wouldn't want either at this stage, but would take Mrtinez like a shot in the summer. Not sure his stubborness would go down too well here.

For example he has stuck by his striker Jason Scotland all season even at times he has been woeful, but it has paid off Scotland is in a rich vain of form and is a big part in the successful run Swans are on at the moment. Martinez is probably dealing with injury problems that scaled down are on par with ours....

Guest sicko2ndbest

JFK should not read the papers today as he may find out he has suffered more than what he thinks.

Especially the sunday sun who have pimped his job around!

Get well soon Joe.

I do agree with Ian56 though, Joe has to really seriously start thinking about things. At the very least we should be bringing another coach in if we can, I dont have any faith in Hughton or Calderwood to hold the fort if he needs any treatment.

Neither do I, but regardless of what division we are in next season, the man deserves a fucking medal tbh. Having to sit through all the shite as caretaker, doing training basically on his own, and then as JK was suspended he had to take care of the team again, he's been seemingly employed as assistant manager and first team coach, and he had to take care of the team again yesterday at short notice. Some people forget how hard this man must be working. Before Calderwood came in, I'd assume training would be just Kinnear and Hughton, and possibly Robbie Elliott doing 'fitness and conditioning' however many times a week he does it.

Although I did groan when I heard he was in charge, he really deserved that win yesterday. The man has never moaned about his position at the club despite being given so many different tasks to do.

Guest johnson293

How do you complain of high blood pressure btw?

Do you think 'Oh, the pressure of my blood is a bit high, I better go to the hospital'?

I would suspect after the heart problems he suffered while at Wimbledon, he probably has an idea of the signs to look for.

Then he probably got the club docs to check it out for him who will have discovered it was high, and sent him to Hospital.

How do you complain of high blood pressure btw?

Do you think 'Oh, the pressure of my blood is a bit high, I better go to the hospital'?

What gets me is the fucker's complaining he's got high blood pressure, without a thought for us fans who've had to endure the trauma he's been putting us through. Can't help wondering how many people's blood pressure has been raised because of his inept management so far.

He's been putting us through?

KK said the squad was too small and quit becasue of it. JK was the ONLY one to have the balls to give it a shot... not even Terry F*cking Vegetables wanted to know.

Funny, a couple of months ago it was "Good old Joe" he'sdoing pretty good, now as usual the knives are out, same as for very manager pretty much -- even good old  Bobby was lambasted on here.

The thing that boils my piss is that KK was wheeled out (after Milner sale) saying that were going to sign this and that and was he accused of being a liar? Joe has done the same after given and he is the biggest liar of all time.

The common thread is Llambias/Ashley, not the managers.... both KK and JK have been sold down the river big time. I feel sorry for him, he cant win either way.

Oh f***. I'll put a safety wink at the end - just for you - in future.

EDIT:  :pow: ;)

Aye, whatever. Maybe you should be the manager, obviously a genius.

You think that he deliberately didnt want to sign anyone thus increasing the pressure on himself.

So then, wise-guy, why did KK come out with similar statements before the last transfer window??? Pehaps being told by those upstairs that we were (supposedly) making some signings?

Oh, sweet baby Jesus and the orphans. :jesuswept:

I think you're missing the fact I was being sarcastic.  :doh:

Seriously though, if he is too sick to continue, who do you think would come to ruin their reputation in a relegation battle with a small squad containing several massively overpaid and under-performing players?

Any takers??? Someone would have to be pretty desperate no, oh like Joe Kinnear!!

Peter Reid

George Graham

David O'Leary

Ron Atkinson

Avram Grant

Just from the top of my head...

too many black players here to ask Mr Bojangles

Guest johnson293

According to the papers he complained of pains in his left arm and collapsed.

Really - well if thats the case I don't blame him after last time - Mustn't be nice to think another (actual) heart attack is on its way!

But, while I hope he gets well soon, I still hope this shows Ashley that he needs to appoint someone else for the sake of Joe's health, and more importantly, the longterm well being of the club!

Guest sicko2ndbest

This could be a huge blessing in disguise

I know it sounds heartless (excuse the pun)

It saves face for Kinnear and he will be remembered affectionatly

It mean we can appoint a 'proper' manager in the summer

I wish him all the best!

I wish him all the best!

Agree with this although the media would still stir it and say that the Club/Fans caused this and completely disregard the fact he had history in this department.

Time to move on while we can and quickly.

Feel gutted for Joe, he absoloutly wanted the best for this club and anyone who thikns otherwise can fuck off! Knowone else wanted the post which he took on and to be fair to him he's put up with a lot of shit from both the board of this club over transfers and the majority fans who i believe have never accepted him and what he was trying to do. Until these two factors are resolved this club will never turn the corner.

All i can say is get well soon Joe, thankyou for stepping up the plate and trying to save this club when knowone else could give a fuck, and if he has any sense he'l drop his dream of football management and concentrate on living the rest of his life.

I wish him all the best!

Can we afford to wait till the summer though? Assuming Kinnear's health is as bad as being speculated.

Leaving things as they are until the summer is scary to me.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Poyet come in, and I think I would be okay with that at this point, particularly because he knows the prem so well, and I think we need that at this point of the season. He is quite highly rated and he is in tune with the powers that be which will bode well for player recruitment etc. He also will gel better with our South american/Spanish contingent and won't be overly bias towards the brits.

Feel gutted for Joe, he absoloutly wanted the best for this club and anyone who thikns otherwise can f*** off! Knowone else wanted the post which he took on and to be fair to him he's put up with a lot of s*** from both the board of this club over transfers and the majority fans who i believe have never accepted him and what he was trying to do. Until these two factors are resolved this club will never turn the corner.

All i can say is get well soon Joe, thankyou for stepping up the plate and trying to save this club when knowone else could give a f***, and if he has any sense he'l drop his dream of football management and concentrate on living the rest of his life.

Agreed.  :thup:

Feel gutted for Joe, he absoloutly wanted the best for this club and anyone who thikns otherwise can fuck off! Knowone else wanted the post which he took on and to be fair to him he's put up with a lot of shit from both the board of this club over transfers and the majority fans who i believe have never accepted him and what he was trying to do. Until these two factors are resolved this club will never turn the corner.

All i can say is get well soon Joe, thankyou for stepping up the plate and trying to save this club when knowone else could give a fuck, and if he has any sense he'l drop his dream of football management and concentrate on living the rest of his life.

I agree, I have a lot of respect for what he has done so far and no-one can accuse him of not giving 100% to the cause. Who else can we say that about at the club?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think that if we stay up we should name a stand after him!

The 'fucking cunt' family enclosure

In all seriousness, if we stay up it is all down to him having the balls to come in, and will be forever remembered as a legend!

what are you actually SAYING here though? that 'wanting the best for the club' is a trait that should be applauded in a manager? isnt that part of the definition of a managers job? its like praising a mother for feeding her children. who never accepted what he was trying to do? he's been trying to win football matches for nufc, which nufc fans didnt accept that?

he took the job because he was desperate to get back into management, he was desperate to get back into management because no-one would give him a job, no-one would give him a job because he's not a good manager. just because he's in hospital doesnt mean we have to wax lyrical about him.