Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

I think people are forgetting the wonders of private medicine.

You don't need to go private, the NHS do a brilliant job with this sort of thing.

They do indeed. A friend of mine had a successful heart bypass about ten years ago, and an Aunt more recently too and I know numerous friends and family who are NHS employees.

But there are procedures and techniques out there that are known to significantly reduce recovery time for these types of surgery that the NHS simply can't afford due to the greed of healthcare pioneers.

I'm sure Mike Ashley would have paid for the full hog in this instance.

I've just read up about a heart bypass operation (:blush:) and it sounds very, very serious to me. Surely there are no circumstances where Kinnear can come back to top-level management? ???

It is quite serious. It was touch and go whether my old man had to have it a couple years back, and I'm glad he didn't need it in the end tbh. His ticker is back to full function now, but it's not an op to be taken lightly. Get well soon Joe.

I've just read up about a heart bypass operation (:blush:) and it sounds very, very serious to me. Surely there are no circumstances where Kinnear can come back to top-level management? ???

My Grandad was told late last year that he should undergo the same operation. He was told if he had it, there was a huge risk that he may not make it through the operation (can't remember the exact percentage they gave him) due to him previously having a heart attack. The other option was not to have it, enjoy the lifestyle he currently has but inevitably one day, his heart will go again.

I really cannot see how Kinnear can come back and continue to be the manager of a football club, nevermind a Premier League football club - it would kill him off.

Guest black n white

My Grandad was told late last year that he should undergo the same operation. He was told if he had it, there was a huge risk that he may not make it through the operation (can't remember the exact percentage they gave him) due to him previously having a heart attack. The other option was not to have it, enjoy the lifestyle he currently has but inevitably one day, his heart will go again.

I really cannot see how Kinnear can come back and continue to be the manager of a football club, nevermind a Premier League football club - it would kill him off.

Its a wonder there's not 52000+ having this operation.

What health insurance or life assurance would mike offer in his revised contract offer?

Guest black n white

He's gotta go now, for his own sake, the thought of him possibly dying would weigh on my conscience if I was Ashley.

;D

The last four words.

From what I know which is very little, is that once fully recovered after a triple by-pass he would be in far better shape than when he was fully recovered from his heart attack all those years back. So in theory once fully recovered he will be in better condition to manage than he has been since his heart attack. However, I can't remember how long it takes to fully recover. My step dad had a triple by-pass years back when I was a little un - so apart from the tubes sticking out like Mick said and strangley him telling me he can't do the hoovering (not that he did beforehand) I can't remember that much from that time.

Guest Heneage

He's gotta go now, for his own sake, the thought of him possibly dying would weigh on my conscience if I was Ashley.

dont be daft, Kinnear's a grown man and makes his own decisions

Aye but Kinnear doesn't strike me as the man who would want to quit.

Guest timmy boy

Somehow the news is softened when read out by the absolutely f***ing gorgeous Millie Clode on SSN  :smitten:

Indeed, just beats Georgie Thompson into first place.

dont be daft, Kinnear's a grown man and makes his own decisions

<b>Aye but Kinnear doesn't strike me as the man who would want to quit.</b>

I expect his health will be his priority and rightly so I'll be very surprised if he doesn't do the honorable thing and step aside/resign.

A triple bypass wow, that's terrible.  Hope the guy gets well soon.

Apparently you can't tell anything about how bad a person's condition is from the number of bypasses and a person with a less serious condition may actually have more bypasses than someone with a more serious heart problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_bypass#Number_of_bypasses

A greater number of bypasses does not imply a person is "sicker," nor does a lesser number imply a person is "healthier." A person with a large amount of coronary artery disease (CAD) may receive fewer bypass grafts owing to the lack of suitable "target" vessels.

Guest lebowski

You know that your luck is s**** as a club when even the manager gets injured.  Jesus, what can go wrong will go wrong.....

I know what you say. I can't help thinking there is a curse on this club, you heard of the curse of the Bambino when Babe Ruth was transferred in baseball, well I think all of this goes back to our sacking Sir Bobby. Look at all the injuries, s*** players, s*** managers, s*** owners we've had since then. God we were fresh from playing Champions league football ffs. That seems a distant dream now.