Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

Thing is with this system is that we are having to play direct due to a lack of a central midfield, we've got Shola up there whose task will be to go for the first ball, and when that fails, you need players around the box to collect the second balls, and Duff, Nolan, Lovenkrands and Raylor are the best for that job. Jonas is much too deep as he likes to build from the back, and Martins needs frequent good passes.

You sound like Sam Allardyce's illegitimate and slightly retarded son. No offence meant by the way.

Sadly I don't want to see us play in this way, but in the relegation threatened managerless state we are currently in, it is probably the only way we can do it if we want some results.

Terrible team playing terrible football getting results is better than nothing.

Hughton has destroyed the chances of winning this game by failing to see past his own nose and picking the same side that somehow won against WBA. The two Taylors are both playing out of position when we have proper alternatives available.

Terrible, and cowardly management.

If the subs are timed right the game is still up for grabs.

The issue with me isn't that they're on the bench, it's how f***ing ineffective we are with substitutes. We won't see them until the 70th minute where they won't make any difference.

Hughton has destroyed the chances of winning this game by failing to see past his own nose and picking the same side that somehow won against WBA. The two Taylors are both playing out of position when we have proper alternatives available.

The issue with me isn't that they're on the bench, it's how f***ing ineffective we are with substitutes. We won't see them until the 70th minute where they won't make any difference.

I can't remember the last time we made a tactical substitution at half-time. Can't understand the phobia there.

Merson said yesterday on SSN that when fit, Viduka is better than Berbatov. :lol:

I actually don't see what's so funny. Viduka is a brilliant player when fit. He showed glimpses of that last season.

come on, Berbatov is twice the player, and i'm a Viduka fan

Raylor isn't out of position, Bruce said that he wanted to come her so he could play in this position. So one player out of position would be two out of position if you swapped Saylor for Jonas, as Jonas isn't much cop on the right.

I can't remember the last time we made a tactical substitution at half-time. Can't understand the phobia there.

I guess they're scared of the injury curse striking again. Wouldn't be unlike Newcastle to have 3 immediate injuries after an early sub.

Houghton proudly taking credit for this nonsense of a team.

Talking about players deserving an opportunity?

We don't have any time for niceities right now.

We need our best players on the pitch right away.

Nonsensical.

Raylor isn't out of position, Bruce said that he wanted to come her so he could play in this position. So one player out of position would be two out of position if you swapped Saylor for Jonas, as Jonas isn't much cop on the right.

That position was right back

At the end of the day in a situation like this, when you're best players come back, you put them in the side.

That'll no doubt be followed by a "What if Martins breaks down?" - if he's going to break down, he could just as well do it when he comes on in the 70th minute.

He adds a dimension to the team. I don't care if every single forward player on the pitch had scored 5 goals against WBA, I'd still make one give way for Martins.

Hughton has bottled it for me. Just txt'd my mate who is at the game - groans all round on the concourse when the teams were announced on TV.

I know Martins will lack match fitness - but again, surely the only way you get match fit is to play games? I await another non-performance from Duff and Ameobi playing like he's got two bags of cement on his feet. :thdn:

That position was right back

Nah, it was pretty much on the right hand side.

And as for the first time this season there was some threat from the right hand side, I'm inclined to keep him there.

At the end of the day in a situation like this, when you're best players come back, you put them in the side.

That'll no doubt be followed by a "What if Martins breaks down?" - if he's going to break down, he could just as well do it when he comes on in the 70th minute.

He adds a dimension to the team. I don't care if every single forward player on the pitch had scored 5 goals against WBA, I'd still make one give way for Martins.

You can say similar about Michael Owen but people can argue that they don't want him in for the sake of the improvement of the rest of the team.

I'd say the same applies for Jonas and Martins right now. Lovenkrands has put Martins out of the picture for now IMO.