Is Kinnear leaving in the summer?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good as gone.

He's not good enough for the club, but the only man to step up right now. If Ashley wants to stay and make a go of it he's gone. But in the meantime we need to back him to the hilt and that's all the contract offer story is, just a smokescreen to attract players in the transfer window just gone (think of the timing), and to give those here someone to fight for and to be their manager without thinking he's gone or he's going at the end of the season.

We've all said we've got no stability; the club is trying to give us that.

This is fantasy imho, i would like to believe it but god no.  So the players that arrived in January they are going to be over the moon for the new employers to have lied to them.

Ashley when he took the club off the market he had time to appoint a manager before January.  He didn't.  There are no big benefits of lying to supporters, players, whole nation so you can attract Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

Love it how you made this thread as i wouldn't reply to you in the Q&A and now only reply to my comments.

Obsessed little man aren't you?  mackems.gif

It was brought up a few times on that thread not just that instance.  Many people seem to share your opinion, so what you complaining about.

The fact you call my opinion 'fantasy'  or 'Delusional'.

Just accept i have a view, it doesn't match yours and there's no point trying to get a rise out of me by being a tit about it.  :thup:

You have an opinion sure i don't get how you can be 99% sure of it or as 'good as certain' that is all.  Required some explaining to be honest.  I would like to believe it but don't buy into elaborate conspiracy theories.

I think i've got a solid opinion about this board, most of which cannot be proved until it happens. But like the summers fiasco, i called it months before happening. Again just a hunch from what i've seen, but think this is what is happening - no proof, no one has any either way, just opinions.

I respect others not having the same, it bothers me not, i have my own, some will agree, some won't, but i had all this bullshit aimed at me in the summer when i was telling people something was wrong, and that it wasn't smoke without a fire over Ashley/Wise/keegan and transfers, and got called worse than s*** about it.

A Side issues but: I also believe when it comes to court, KK will come out looking like a dick - again it cannot be proved until it happens. KK is nowhere near as smart as he thinks, and these bastards legally are classes above him and do their business lacking emotion, KK cannot do that, impossible for him too, and when it all comes out, he'll not just lose financially, im worried for him how much face he loses from it as well. These statements back it up, they won't talk about it, they don't have to curry favour, they don't need too, KK either totally lost it fistycuffs stylee or he knew of the DOF appointment; it was written in his contract and hasn't a leg to stand on.

Back to JFK, i'm 99% cert he's gone, before his health problem around 70% this was the case, but even if its not, he's gone on these grounds and any potential contract (im am wrong) will be retracted by now.

Agree Toon taylor it would be madness imho to give Joke Inhere a contract on the grounds of health but aside from that it is his general lack of tact with the media and how he portrays himself which must concern the people above him and how we look from the outside.

start racking brains for unattached managers who would take a job to get back into football a la :kinnear: tyme!  someone who knows how could make it a poll...here's mine:

1. big ron

2. george graham

3. bruce rioch (presumably unattached)

The reason we got Kinnear is we were offering an awful package of 6 games in charge to a club that was going to be sold.

I dont think we need to aim *quite* so low this time.

Poor bugger. You can't fault his courage and I'm sure everyone wishes him all the best.

Truth.

Can't see him coming back, at least not in time to have any meaningful impact on this season.

Not sure what the club can do though, can't exactly replace a contracted manager when he's off sick. Suppose they could keep paying him and get someone else in as well.

Good as gone.

He's not good enough for the club, but the only man to step up right now. If Ashley wants to stay and make a go of it he's gone. But in the meantime we need to back him to the hilt and that's all the contract offer story is, just a smokescreen to attract players in the transfer window just gone (think of the timing), and to give those here someone to fight for and to be their manager without thinking he's gone or he's going at the end of the season.

We've all said we've got no stability; the club is trying to give us that.

This is fantasy imho, i would like to believe it but god no.  So the players that arrived in January they are going to be over the moon for the new employers to have lied to them.

Ashley when he took the club off the market he had time to appoint a manager before January.  He didn't.  There are no big benefits of lying to supporters, players, whole nation so you can attract Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

Love it how you made this thread as i wouldn't reply to you in the Q&A and now only reply to my comments.

Obsessed little man aren't you?  mackems.gif

It was brought up a few times on that thread not just that instance.  Many people seem to share your opinion, so what you complaining about.

The fact you call my opinion 'fantasy'  or 'Delusional'.

Just accept i have a view, it doesn't match yours and there's no point trying to get a rise out of me by being a tit about it.  :thup:

You have an opinion sure i don't get how you can be 99% sure of it or as 'good as certain' that is all.  Required some explaining to be honest.  I would like to believe it but don't buy into elaborate conspiracy theories.

I think i've got a solid opinion about this board, most of which cannot be proved until it happens. But like the summers fiasco, i called it months before happening. Again just a hunch from what i've seen, but think this is what is happening - no proof, no one has any either way, just opinions.

I respect others not having the same, it bothers me not, i have my own, some will agree, some won't, but i had all this bullshit aimed at me in the summer when i was telling people something was wrong, and that it wasn't smoke without a fire over Ashley/Wise/keegan and transfers, and got called worse than s*** about it.

A Side issues but: I also believe when it comes to court, KK will come out looking like a dick - again it cannot be proved until it happens. KK is nowhere near as smart as he thinks, and these bastards legally are classes above him and do their business lacking emotion, KK cannot do that, impossible for him too, and when it all comes out, he'll not just lose financially, im worried for him how much face he loses from it as well. These statements back it up, they won't talk about it, they don't have to curry favour, they don't need too, KK either totally lost it fistycuffs stylee or he knew of the DOF appointment; it was written in his contract and hasn't a leg to stand on.

Back to JFK, i'm 99% cert he's gone, before his health problem around 70% this was the case, but even if its not, he's gone on these grounds and any potential contract (im am wrong) will be retracted by now.

Agree Toon taylor it would be madness imho to give Joke Inhere a contract on the grounds of health but aside from that it is his general lack of tact with the media and how he portrays himself which must concern the people above him and how we look from the outside.

missed that TT post, pretty spot on with the assessment of the KK affair imo, reckon they'll make a mug of him myself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1141490/Newcastle-boss-Joe-Kinnear-needs-heart-operation.html?ITO=1490#

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear needs heart operation

By Nick Metcalfe

Last updated at 1:38 AM on 11th February 2009

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear

Joe Kinnear has been told by doctors that he needs an emergency heart bypass operation, throwing his future as Newcastle boss into doubt.

The 62-year-old, who had a heart attack ten years ago while managing Wimbledon, is expected to have surgery this week.

Kinnear was taken ill before Newcastle's match at West Bromwich Albion last weekend, and although he wants to return to work the Sun are reporting that doctors want to operate.

Assistant boss Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are set to take temporary charge.

Kinnear joined Newcastle in September after Kevin Keegan dramatically quit the club, and despite being written off from the start by certain sections of the media he has steadied the ship at the troubled club to a certain extenct.

The Magpies crucially picked up three points at The Hawthorns on Saturday, but are still embroiled in a Premier League relegation battle.

get well soon, joey!  But tbh i hope this means you will take care of your self and not us! leave the job asap.....you are not our long term manager....Ashley should move for our new manager!

Bloody hell didnt see that coming if true,hope everything will go ok for him but not to come back long term to us.

I'm thinking the setup is most ideal for Poyet who they initially wanted.

There is a very experienced group of coaches in place already and it would be a bit messy getting rid of all of them at this point in the season and bringing a whole new group in as most managers would want to do.

Poyet on the other hand would actually benefit from an experienced set of coaches, most of who he will likely know through Dennis anyway.

start racking brains for unattached managers who would take a job to get back into football a la :kinnear: tyme!  someone who knows how could make it a poll...here's mine:

1. big ron

2. george graham

The reason we got Kinnear is we were offering an awful package of 6 games in charge to a club that was going to be sold.

so you expect to see a forward thinking appointment then, one that might incur compensation from another club?  more optimism than me

No-one wishes Joe Kinnear anything other than he benefits from what appears to be necessary surgery to his heart ; whatever his failings, he did pick up the poisoned chalice when no-one else would, even though it was likely that he needed the money, so all credit to him for that and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Nevertheless, the club now has to sort out a half-decent replacement, and quickly..although it may be tempting a humiliating knock-back, I WOULD sound Scolari out - he will be smarting at the action by Chelsea and a man of his experience and know how might just be tempted to try to get some revenge on his former employers by taking us on..

Venables, or someone like him is , however, a more realistic candidate ; we cannot afford to mess around with Hughton and Calderwood at this stage of the season, with Pompey also looking for a new man...

1. big ron

2. george graham

so you expect to see a forward thinking appointment then, one that might incur compensation from another club?  more optimism than me

I have absolutely no clue what to expect. I'm very much expecting the worst possible situation, but I simply wasn't imaginative enough to think of someone as bad as Joe Kinnear taking over, so I don't think I'm qualified to make guesses on what will actually happen.

However, I do believe we SHOULD be after someone better than that, if we offer the right package.

I'm just hoping now that MA has decided that he can't/won't sell that he will pull out the stops for a proper manager.

Only worry is he might not know who the proper managers are!

My concern is finding a manager who buys into the Wise scenario and and Ashleys glorious five year plan.

Again, I wish Joe all the best. Suspect he won't be returning to the club though. His health is too important to risk.

Forgot to add that leaving Calderwood(!) and Hughton in charge for the rest of the season is asking for trouble. Need an experienced man in, and sharpish.

Poyet has no experience of managing a club so should be one we avoid to be honest.

Neither did Zola though.

Apparently Poyet pretty much managed while he was Wises assistant at Leeds with Wise playing more of a senior/DOF role for the most part.

Poyet has no experience of managing a club so should be one we avoid to be honest.

Neither did Zola though.

Apparently Poyet pretty much managed while he was Wises assistant at Leeds with Wise playing more of a senior/DOF role for the most part.

Yeah but at the same time I could say Adams, and Southgate had no experience either. I would prefer someone who has been there and done it and who will be happy to have a DOF so it basically has to be someone foreign but experienced ala Avram Grant.